Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1213 1214 [1215] 1216 1217 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1873654 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #18210 on: August 11, 2019, 01:31:10 AM »

You are lucky to have a good wife Bambu.

I have always wanted a good woman to share my life with. I would love to have a woman who shares my dreams and goals and to share my life with.

I would love to find a good woman who supports my goals of making movies, and making wine, and owning a night club, and publishing my books, and I will support her on her dreams and goals and I will be there to share her life.

Princess Charlotte Casiraghi is taken now, she got married, so she is no longer available. So, that ends my dream of marrying a princess. But, the world is full of awesome women, I will find one.Salute,

Tony V.

Good wife?...I know. Luck's a fortune.
I would never have found another like her...girls like her, jewels of the 'farmers and graziers' set were usually 'reserved' for people at a higher station in life than I was.
Exactly why I didn't want to risk her life in pregnancy/childbirth.

Miley Cyrus, movie star, is now available...although she's now 'F--king sick of men", reportedly.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/celebrity/its-over-miley-cyrus-and-liam-hemsworth-officially-call-it-quits/ar-AAFD7N9?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000

Rumours of a split have been swirling for weeks, intensifying when Miley declared at Glastonbury in July that she was "f--king sick of men".
Just days later, Hunger Games star Liam removed his wedding ring. The Aussie hunk, 29, was spotted looking glum – and his ring finger noticeably bare – while on a coffee run in LA.

Are there no rich heiresses in LA you could talk into a relationship?

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #18211 on: August 11, 2019, 01:47:52 AM »

I need to travel around more, maybe I will meet a woman at a cafe in Monaco, or at a coffee shop in Rome, or on the beach in Cannes, but of course, women travel here to California, I might meet a woman right here in Anaheim. There is Club 33 at Disneyland that is one of the most exclusive clubs in the world. I need for someone to teach me the whole secret side of Anaheim that the rich people know. And there is the White House restaurant. There is a whole side of Anaheim that I have not had the privilege to experience yet.

Maybe I will marry a television news reporter from Spain. Or an actress from Italy. Or a model from Colombia.

And I need to start acting, and making movies, and I need to get my book published, etc. But, my Mother thinks that the right woman will help me to achieve all of the things that I want to do. My Mother thinks that I just need to get out there and meet the right woman.

My friend Susan thinks that I will meet girls while shooting videos for my friend Jon's bands and stuff. So there is that, I might meet a good woman while helping Jon at a club or somewhere.

There is also church. I need to start going to church every Sunday. I love the Roman Catholic Church, but the closest church for me to walk to is a Calvary Chapel.

It will be exciting to see what happens. And there is a whole side of life that I have not experienced yet.

Life is flying by fast, I want to make the most out of however much life I have left. And life is better with a woman to love.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #18212 on: August 11, 2019, 01:58:38 AM »

"Everything is Trump's fault"...so seemingly sayeth the Left.

Sounds a lot like "Everything is the Jews' fault" from Naziland long ago.

It’s all about him...

https://exjournalistsunite.wordpress.com/2019/08/08/trump-cant-and-wont-change-his-white-supremacist-fans/
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #18213 on: August 11, 2019, 02:04:26 AM »

Come on, guys, tell me how this is not Nazi-esque, pre Holocaust.   

Josh, Godwin wasn't saying that parallels are valid or not.  His "law" simply asserts that, given sufficient time, a comparison to Nazi Germany will always appear in a political discussion on the Net.

Barton:
On the contrary, while his law said that, what he has said more recently provides some clarity, not about the law but about the current situation.

But Mr Godwin has said that the white nationalists who took over the streets of Charlottesville over the weekend can fairly be compared to Nazis, given that many of them openly voice support for a Nazi ideology.

"By all means, compare these s***heads to the Nazis," he wrote. "Again and again. I'm with you."

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/godwins-law-mike-godwin-internet-hitler-charlottesville-virginia-donald-trump-a7892171.html

The year before in the WaPo:
"If you’re thoughtful about it and show some real awareness of history, go ahead and refer to Hitler or Nazis when you talk about Trump, or any other politician."

If you want to debate whether I have shown "some real awareness of history," go ahead.
The Nazis had a hateful ideology written down long in advance of what they did. Other than catering to his full-of-Luee types base, Trump has no ideology. He makes it up as he goes along. I doubt he's given thirty seconds of thought to what his ICE policies mean. Likely because he's incapable of thirty seconds of thought.  Reprehensible those policies are, though, no doubt.

What about the Nazis who are advising him? A lot of the strategy for dividing the German population were based on the Jim Crow laws of 5he American South.

https://exjournalistsunite.wordpress.com/2019/08/08/trump-cant-and-wont-change-his-white-supremacist-fans/
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #18214 on: August 11, 2019, 02:08:59 AM »

Yes the Donald is also a Nazi they say because he insulted and threatened his political  opponents; "jail crooked Hillary". That could lead to concentration camps and gas chambers? Just open borders and gracefully lose elections.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18215 on: August 11, 2019, 02:36:16 AM »

Brown people are his opponents as next to none will vote for him and his massively epic failures in Baja and Panama. He’s overstuffed all the space already commandeered for concentration camps and is building more every day. His other opponents such as Hillary and the republicans in the national security business like Comey haven’t also been locked up so far because underlings know trump is very unlikely to be re-elected and the statutes of limitations will not have run out on the crimes that following such orders would entail when trump is thrown on the trash heap of history with Mussolini, Khaddafi, and his other idols and role models.

If you want to close a border, close the border to illegal foreign money in our elections. If you are raiding companies for violations of employment laws, arrest the executives and the boards if you want to see legal standards maintained.

If children crying inconsolably is the only thing that gets you off any more, stick with trump.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18216 on: August 11, 2019, 02:55:23 AM »

More solid analysis from a non-Harvard graduate.

No degree needed for this one either.

No. Common sense, which you are lacking.
Analytical skills, which you are lacking.
Ability to make functional analogies, which you are lacking.
Self-awareness, which you are lacking.

But no Harvard degee is needed.

I am just about convinced by the folks who say you are only trolling. Comparing blaming Trump by liberals (and a lot of conservatives, but why let truth get in your way, right, Bambi-ignorance?) to blaming the Jews by Hitler is pretty damning.

Or as you would have it, "condemned" by your anti-semitic raving.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18217 on: August 11, 2019, 02:57:35 AM »

Yes the Donald is also a Nazi they say because he insulted and threatened his political  opponents; "jail crooked Hillary". That could lead to concentration camps and gas chambers? Just open borders and gracefully lose elections.

Still ignoring the concentration camps he has already opened and used to funnel money to his buddies.

Still ignoring everything ICE is doing because it doesn't fit your beliefs.

You are too much, Luee. And way too little.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18218 on: August 11, 2019, 02:59:38 AM »

If you want to close a border, close the border to illegal foreign money in our elections. If you are raiding companies for violations of employment laws, arrest the executives and the boards if you want to see legal standards maintained.

Luee only pretends to care about the law. Kind of like Ward, Kid, and Bambi-ignorance.

The laws he likes he defends. The ones that get in the way of his "arguments" he ignores, perpetually. Nor will he engage in facts.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #18219 on: August 11, 2019, 03:03:42 AM »

Bambi can eat all of he coal he wants.

http://www.vox.com/energy-and-environment/2019/8/9/20767886/renewable-energy-storage-cost-electricity

If he’s not trolling, he’s been trolled into submission and is simply regurgitating what he’s being fed.

Any other explanation would require much more sophistication in his posts than he has ever actually displayed.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #18220 on: August 11, 2019, 03:11:30 AM »

Come on, guys, tell me how this is not Nazi-esque, pre Holocaust.   

Josh, Godwin wasn't saying that parallels are valid or not.  His "law" simply asserts that, given sufficient time, a comparison to Nazi Germany will always appear in a political discussion on the Net.

Barton:
On the contrary, while his law said that, what he has said more recently provides some clarity, not about the law but about the current situation.

But Mr Godwin has said that the white nationalists who took over the streets of Charlottesville over the weekend can fairly be compared to Nazis, given that many of them openly voice support for a Nazi ideology.

"By all means, compare these s***heads to the Nazis," he wrote. "Again and again. I'm with you."

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/godwins-law-mike-godwin-internet-hitler-charlottesville-virginia-donald-trump-a7892171.html

The year before in the WaPo:
"If you’re thoughtful about it and show some real awareness of history, go ahead and refer to Hitler or Nazis when you talk about Trump, or any other politician."

If you want to debate whether I have shown "some real awareness of history," go ahead.
The Nazis had a hateful ideology written down long in advance of what they did. Other than catering to his full-of-Luee types base, Trump has no ideology. He makes it up as he goes along. I doubt he's given thirty seconds of thought to what his ICE policies mean. Likely because he's incapable of thirty seconds of thought.  Reprehensible those policies are, though, no doubt.

What about the Nazis who are advising him? A lot of the strategy for dividing the German population were based on the Jim Crow laws of 5he American South.

Nice Larry.

I had been wondering why I keep seeing Red gumming a cork.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #18221 on: August 11, 2019, 04:15:40 AM »

I am just about convinced by the folks who say you are only trolling. Comparing blaming Trump by liberals (and a lot of conservatives, but why let truth get in your way, right, Bambi-ignorance?) to blaming the Jews by Hitler is pretty damning.

Anti-Semitic raving?
Ridiculous.

Trolling?
Ridiculous.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #18222 on: August 11, 2019, 04:20:52 AM »

Bambi can eat all of he coal he wants.

http://www.vox.com/energy-and-environment/2019/8/9/20767886/renewable-energy-storage-cost-electricity

If he’s not trolling, he’s been trolled into submission and is simply regurgitating what he’s being fed.

Any other explanation would require much more sophistication in his posts than he has ever actually displayed.

Oh, the forum rules demand sophistication in one's posts?
I always like to obey the rules, so sophistication I shall provide.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #18223 on: August 11, 2019, 04:27:50 AM »

Commonsense?
Analytical skills?
Functional analogies? ...whatever that is.
Self awareness?...whatever that means.

I'll attempt to provide those.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #18224 on: August 11, 2019, 04:35:56 AM »

A sophisticated person is a person who is able to understand the nuances of a wide range of principles, concepts, situations, and vocabulary. Sophisticated people understand the bounds of their own knowledge, but are comfortable speaking with someone who is far more knowledgeable in a given subject than they are.Apr 14, 2016

Hmmm.

1. Nuance; a subtle difference in or shade of meaning, expression, or sound.

#####

Gee, this is hard
I was only a C grade student but I'll try.
Pages: 1 ... 1213 1214 [1215] 1216 1217 ... 4288