Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1215 1216 [1217] 1218 1219 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1873484 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #18240 on: August 11, 2019, 04:17:25 PM »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18241 on: August 11, 2019, 04:40:33 PM »

Once, twice, a lot, it’s becoming clear why Uncle Joe ain’t the ideal guy. He very likely is not the best of the bunch despite his stature and support heading in.

With three or four contenders already running ahead of trump both nationally and in states that matter, overcoming stumbling Joe and his enormous lead will be good practice for obliterating Deficit don, Moscow Mitch, and the republican “Assault America” platform.

If no one can knock off Joe, he’ll still crush Puppet Donald, the worst person in the United States, be a middling Democrat making him better than anyone republicans have nominated since Ike.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18242 on: August 11, 2019, 04:48:11 PM »

Sadly, not sure Joe can survive the process

Booker the better bet

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #18243 on: August 11, 2019, 04:53:47 PM »

Sadly, not sure Joe can survive the process

Booker the better bet
I’ll take that bet. Booker has more hair than poll numbers.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #18244 on: August 11, 2019, 04:55:04 PM »

See kc if you do not follow the liberal elites over the cliff you must be a retard. Retards and racists on one side and the all good sugar plum fairies on the other.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #18245 on: August 11, 2019, 04:59:05 PM »

See kc if you do not follow the liberal elites over the cliff you must be a retard. Retards and racists on one side and the all good sugar plum fairies on the other.
"Retard?"
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #18247 on: August 11, 2019, 05:33:03 PM »

Richard Branson is one of my heroes.

He got together with a bunch of his friends and they launched Virgin Records, they named the company "Virgin" because they were all new to business.

They had fun while they got rich.

I always hated poverty and feeling helpless, and there is no freedom when you are poor, and when you are homeless then you cannot even provide food and shelter for yourself, poverty sucks. It is much better to get together with some friends and to get rich, and to be able to do whatever you want. You can change the world.

Link...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Branson

Richard Branson now has over five billion dollars, and he is busy changing the world.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18248 on: August 11, 2019, 05:35:57 PM »

See kc if you do not follow the liberal elites over the cliff you must be a retard. Retards and racists on one side and the all good sugar plum fairies reasonably functional human beings on the other.

FIFY.

I’m sorry you think about yourself as you seem to for holding your political views.

It’s a little sad fascist elites can lead you into the mouth of an open volcano by feeding you the lie that liberal elites are trying to lead you off a cliff.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 05:41:36 PM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18249 on: August 11, 2019, 05:38:40 PM »

"Retard?"

Put there to troll us "liberal elites."

Luee, your degree of senselessness has nothing to do with agreeing or disaagreeing with your politics. If you or Kid or Bambi or Ward engaged in the same lack of meaning in ostensible support of something I like, I would denigrate your intelligence just as much, merely not your (deservedly attacked lack of) morality.

I got fired for pointing out that the liberal agency for whom I was fundraising was using misleading statistics. They were not fond of being told their techniques were the same as their opponents.

And I lost a friend for calling him out on his violent rhetoric against conservatives. I don't want you dead. I want you to acquire a clue.

But failing your acquiring a clue, I want you to be able to explain the holes I see in your stances, your insistence on ignoring the crooks you ignore while attacking others for lesser crimes. So, when you make a fatuous statement about the lack of houses in America and I point out to you that we have many more empty residences than we have homeless people, I'd love it if you either granted the point or disagreed, either then providing evidence or asking me to support my position.

But you don't explain.

You don't grant that your arguments are ever wrong.

You did discuss the economics of immigrants for a while and I loved it, until you started ignoring evidence that disagreed with you. (Kid is right that I like debate, but wrong to think he ever provides it in here.) I learned from the info you provided and I value that and have used some of what you said.

But most of the time? Bupkes. More bupkis. And still more bupkus.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #18252 on: August 11, 2019, 05:54:18 PM »

Josh. What are you doing to attract more women to this site? We only seem to get angry men here.

Elba needs greater diversity, don't you think?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18253 on: August 11, 2019, 06:04:33 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2019/08/07/donald-trump-rob-astorino-keith-boykin-exchange-ebof-sot-vpx.cnn

I can hear the conservatives on the board agreeing with the Trump spokesman.

It makes me sad.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18254 on: August 11, 2019, 06:13:41 PM »

Josh. What are you doing to attract more women to this site? We only seem to get angry men here.

Elba needs greater diversity, don't you think?

We get a lot of (apparently) female members, but you folks keep wanting me to delete their posts and to block them!

More to the point, I'm the Global Moderator, not the Marketing Director. Further, I am not the one who chased away either the woman from Seattle or the one from Virginia. And if you were a woman, would you want to hang out with a bunch of angry men?

Besides, any of the women I am likely to be able to get to join you, Hamilton, will just accuse of being part of the so-called Boston Mafia when they call you on your bullshit.

If you promise to behave, I will see what I can do, since it sounds like you don't have any female friends. (Mind you, if they come on to the board and spout racist crap, I will likely call them on it, but I will try to be polite about it. At first, at least.)
Pages: 1 ... 1215 1216 [1217] 1218 1219 ... 4288