Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1510 1511 [1512] 1513 1514 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1995148 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #22665 on: October 29, 2019, 06:03:42 PM »

First. That ruling is moot in light of the House vote. ( although it is still being appealed)

A House vote has no influence on the validity of a judge's ruling that the inquiry is constitutional without one, or the precedent that ruling sets. 

Second. Impeachment is a political procedure. Read the Constitution.

Your point?  You said the House inquiry is in violation of the Constitution.  You still have not explained how.
The House inquiry is unconstitutional without a House vote.
Ah. That's it. It's bullshit. But that's it!
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #22666 on: October 29, 2019, 06:07:49 PM »

First. That ruling is moot in light of the House vote. ( although it is still being appealed)

A House vote has no influence on the validity of a judge's ruling that the inquiry is constitutional without one, or the precedent that ruling sets. 

Your point?  You said the House inquiry is in violation of the Constitution.  You still have not explained how.
Nancy figured it out. I’m sure it will come clear to you sometime.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #22667 on: October 29, 2019, 06:12:08 PM »

So you say.  I pointed out that a Federal Judge ruled otherwise.  And am still waiting for your counter argument.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #22668 on: October 29, 2019, 06:15:38 PM »

Nancy figured it out. I’m sure it will come clear to you sometime.

"Nancy" is not holding a vote because she suddenly figured out that the impeachment inquiry is unconstitutional right after a judge ruled it constitutional.

She is taking the opportunity of that validation to call Republican's bluff on procedure objections.  And Republicans are walking right into that trap (see McCarthy's most recent nonsensical comments.)

If you have any real argument for the inquiry being unconstitutional, post it.  Otherwise, STFU.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22669 on: October 29, 2019, 06:16:21 PM »

Since I don't read as well as you do, can you point it out to me?  Specifically, what part of the Constitution has been violated? Thanks!
Article One Section2

No.

Liar.
Article 1 Section2.
It’s a pretty simple sentence.

Yup! Though not the only pertinent one.

The House of Representatives shall chuse their Speaker and other Officers; and shall
have the sole Power of Impeachment.
and
Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings, punish its Members for disorderly Behavior, and, with the Concurrence of two thirds, expel a member.

Which is why you are wrong, Ward. It's simple. It's just not what you say it is.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #22670 on: October 29, 2019, 06:16:39 PM »

"Nancy figured" what out?
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22671 on: October 29, 2019, 06:20:13 PM »

No.

Impeachment would be constitutionally impossible without a House vote, Ward, but the inquiry into things short of an actual impeachment are not impeachment.

Not even a good dodge.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22672 on: October 29, 2019, 06:24:09 PM »

The President’s Granite State Co-Chair and a legislator from Londonderry now claims *he* is black on the nightly news in New Hampshire...due to his tan.

(This weekend he asked if Senator Kamala Harris was African American.)

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #22673 on: October 29, 2019, 06:47:43 PM »

There's a great scene from the movie True Romance between Dennis Hopper and Christopher Walken on the subject of darker skinned Italians.

it was written by Tarantino and its NSFW so some may also find it offensive

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #22674 on: October 29, 2019, 07:14:41 PM »

No.

Impeachment would be constitutionally impossible without a House vote, Ward, but the inquiry into things short of an actual impeachment are not impeachment.

Not even a good dodge.
LOL.
Thanks for proving my point.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #22675 on: October 29, 2019, 07:15:53 PM »

So you say.  I pointed out that a Federal Judge ruled otherwise.  And am still waiting for your counter argument.
A Federal Judge did no such thing.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #22676 on: October 29, 2019, 07:16:53 PM »

"Nancy figured" what out?
Article 1 Section2

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #22677 on: October 29, 2019, 07:24:30 PM »

Why do you post here?

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22678 on: October 29, 2019, 07:31:42 PM »

No.

Not even a good dodge.
LOL.
Thanks for proving my head comes to a point.
FIFY.

Always fun to see Red try to spin something that proves him wrong as something that proves him right. Almost as much fun as watching strict constructionists expand and add provisions to the constitution when it suits their political ends. The Constitution does not prescribe the process by which the House exercises the power of impeachment. Having staked his claim, Red will not admit being wrong no matter the evidence.
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #22679 on: October 29, 2019, 07:36:18 PM »

The Constitution does not prescribe the process by which the House exercises the power of impeachment.

LOL
It most certainly does.
Nancy Pelosi agrees, finally.
Pages: 1 ... 1510 1511 [1512] 1513 1514 ... 4288