Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1508 1509 [1510] 1511 1512 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1995614 times)

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #22635 on: October 29, 2019, 02:25:06 PM »

Trump at 42% "strong disapprove"  (31 strong approve)

46% last week

Bagdhadi mattered

Overall high in office was 48

Overall low was 37

Approve-disapprove stands at 46-53, while 2 weeks ago was at 50-49

Approve-disapprove stands at 40.6-54.1. Nice try though. For republicans it’s worse than you think. For Americans they are better than you give them credit for as evidenced by our growing rejection of trump and all slimy republicans.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

Notable drop in polling due to Ukraine.   And these witnesses saying what they have to say in public on TV (and seeing Sondland get his ass handed to him unless he changes his tune) is not going to help those numbers.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #22636 on: October 29, 2019, 02:30:52 PM »

The White House can’t muster a substantive defense of President Donald Trump’s behavior regarding Ukraine. Democrats more or less gave way to Republican process complaints about impeachment on Monday. So with few other options left, Trump and his allies are returning to the mode that got him elected in the first place: toxic xenophobia... 

Watch the clip of Laura Ingraham blowing a gasket because "OMG he knows how to speak Ukrainian!"

And of course there is the famous John Yoo of "torture is ok" fame accusing the purple heart recipient of espionage.

The GOP truly scraping the barrel to find useful idiots to defend Trump.  Maybe kiidcarter8 should send FOX his resume.

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #22637 on: October 29, 2019, 02:45:27 PM »

Even Congressman Sean Duffy (Nitwit-WIS) is calling into question the patriotism of Lt. Col Vindman.  Sean F'ing Duffy.  What a country we live in.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #22639 on: October 29, 2019, 03:16:06 PM »

So Nancy relents to GOP pressure and will call for a House vote to proceed with “ public” hearings in an impeachment process. What else could she do when her  critics have been right but she refused to concede their point?
So she throws MSNBC, CNN, and the NYTimes under the bus for her previous skip-the-vote stance.

Lindsay Graham takes a well deserved victory lap.
Heh. She just kicked away the last Republican defense.
LOL. Using secrecy to skirt responsible governing wasn’ t moving the political arrow toward impeachment. Pelosi is smart enough to realize that Adam Schiff behind locked hearing doors and selectively leaking would never turn 20 votes in the Senate.
What ever helps you sleep nights. But the process was the last defense, and it is gone.
The “ process” failed miserably. Not just because it was unconstitutional and turned House precedence on its ear but because it hardened GOP senators to where they could reasonably argue against having any trial. Though that was unlikely it left Pelosi with no chance at a conviction. And as she and Nadler have consistently argued the path to Impeachment has to be a bipartisan one.
[/quote]

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #22640 on: October 29, 2019, 03:22:35 PM »

Our constitutional law expert weighs in.  Is that what the Wall Street Journal told you?
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #22641 on: October 29, 2019, 03:32:40 PM »

Our constitutional law expert weighs in.  Is that what the Wall Street Journal told you?
That’s what the Constitution says.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #22642 on: October 29, 2019, 03:38:59 PM »

Since I don't read as well as you do, can you point it out to me?  Specifically, what part of the Constitution has been violated? Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 03:44:04 PM by Yankguy1 »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22643 on: October 29, 2019, 03:51:12 PM »

As long as half the Senators running who vote against removal lose their seats with the battered remnants of a 25-30% popular trump chained to their necks, impeachment will be very successful.

Impeachment can lead to a bigger house majority, a 10 seat swing in the Senate, and the White House while punishing criminals and their confederates and preserving the republic.

If trump keeps trumping and the full facts come out, trump will be convicted in the Senate.

Trump wants you to know he’s a scum bag.

Red, the man you are kissing is a scum bag.

Kiid, the man you let fuck you is a scum bag.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #22644 on: October 29, 2019, 04:20:38 PM »

Since I don't read as well as you do, can you point it out to me?  Specifically, what part of the Constitution has been violated? Thanks!
Article One Section2

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22645 on: October 29, 2019, 04:24:57 PM »

Article One Section2
"The House of Representatives shall chuse their Speaker and other Officers; and shall
have the sole Power of Impeachment."

So how was that violated? I would love to hear a conservative strict constructionist view on that.

So here is where Red copies an argument he does not understand from a right wing website and passes it off as his own.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 04:37:38 PM by Hairy Lime »
A parrot bit me.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #22646 on: October 29, 2019, 04:26:54 PM »

Article One Section2
That's a pretty big section and I'm no scholar like you.  Could you tell where it was violated?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22647 on: October 29, 2019, 04:27:04 PM »

So Nancy relents to GOP pressure and will call for a House vote to proceed with “ public” hearings in an impeachment process. What else could she do when her  critics have been right but she refused to concede their point?
So she throws MSNBC, CNN, and the NYTimes under the bus for her previous skip-the-vote stance.

Lindsay Graham takes a well deserved victory lap.
Heh. She just kicked away the last Republican defense.
LOL. Using secrecy to skirt responsible governing wasn’ t moving the political arrow toward impeachment. Pelosi is smart enough to realize that Adam Schiff behind locked hearing doors and selectively leaking would never turn 20 votes in the Senate.
What ever helps you sleep nights. But the process was the last defense, and it is gone.
The “ process” failed miserably. Not just because it was unconstitutional and turned House precedence on its ear but because it hardened GOP senators to where they could reasonably argue against having any trial. Though that was unlikely it left Pelosi with no chance at a conviction. And as she and Nadler have consistently argued the path to Impeachment has to be a bipartisan one.

You are full of shit.

So are the GOP Senators.

They cannot and could not "reasonably argue against having any trial." They can refuse to do their jobs, it's true. But any who would refuse to have a trial were not "hardened" by Pelosi, but were already in the bag and dedicated to Trump's being president.

Your claim that the GOP senators don't have integrity is granted.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22648 on: October 29, 2019, 04:30:56 PM »

That’s what the Constitution says.

Oh, look.

More bullshit.

I posted what the Constitution said. It said nothing about how the House should run an impeachment inquiry, other than that they set their own rules.

I posted what the Congressional Research Service had to say about the Impeachment Process. It did not say that hearings had to be in public or that there had to be a vote in the House before they could conduct an inquiry.

But you don't really care what the Constitution says, Ward. You only care how to lie, deny, and obfuscate - to try to dissuade and discourage those attacking the Liar-in-Chief.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22649 on: October 29, 2019, 04:32:06 PM »

Article One Section2

No.

Liar.
Pages: 1 ... 1508 1509 [1510] 1511 1512 ... 4288