Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1993 1994 [1995] 1996 1997 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1597045 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #29911 on: March 26, 2020, 04:10:34 PM »

The Stock Market ended its run with Bears today after just three days, the shortest Bear Market on record. This despite staggering unemployment claims totaling over 3 million workers. The market seems to be counting on opening up the economy in the near future.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #29912 on: March 26, 2020, 04:13:48 PM »

The Stock Market ended its run with Bears today after just three days, the shortest Bear Market on record. This despite staggering unemployment claims totaling over 3 million workers. The market seems to be counting on opening up the economy in the near future.

How do you breathe with your head so far up your ass?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #29913 on: March 26, 2020, 04:15:50 PM »

China banning entry to all foreigners starting Saturday March 28.

I'm glad my visa runs through August 2021.
Less worry.

Anecdotally I know a few people who returned to China recently, since China seems safer than most other places now.

One Russian friend, just came back after 3 months in Russia.  She originally went there for Xmas through Chinese New Year and decided to stay an extra 7 weeks.  Just got back in a few days before Russia shut down international flights (Friday) and China banned foreigners (Sat).  Another Chinese friend got trapped in Spain.

What I've heard from a few friends returning and with China banning foreigners bolsters the case that China's recent virus cases have indeed been imported.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #29914 on: March 26, 2020, 04:21:32 PM »

I notice with things going badly that kiid mostly preaches patience and understanding, while Red largely disappeared.

With Trump's chaotic impulsive management style, it's pretty easy to see how his companies went bankrupt over and over. 

He's called himself the King of Debt and larded us up good. 
I like how now Repubs all suddenly understand the benefits of large gov't stimulus for a severe recession.  Funny how that happens when a GOPer is in the WH.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #29915 on: March 26, 2020, 04:26:22 PM »

When we all get to heaven
What a day of rejoicing that will be
When we all see Jesus
We'll sing and thank the GOPeeee!

Mark Palenske, a pastor at the church, said in a lengthy Facebook post late last week that he and his wife, Dena, were among those to test positive for COVID-19.

He said that when such a virus spreads on the other side of the world, "your first inclination is to assume that time and distance are on your side."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/nearly-3-dozen-who-attended-arkansas-church-event-test-positive-n1169471
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #29916 on: March 26, 2020, 04:33:31 PM »

I notice with things going badly that kiid mostly preaches patience and understanding, while Red largely disappeared.

With Trump's chaotic impulsive management style, it's pretty easy to see how his companies went bankrupt over and over. 

He's called himself the King of Debt and larded us up good. 
I like how now Repubs all suddenly understand the benefits of large gov't stimulus for a severe recession.  Funny how that happens when a GOPer is in the WH.

The White voting public is a sucker for racism, xenophobia, misogyny and homophobia. Say you’re ‘pro-life’ and pro death penalty and a Republican from East Bumfuck is on his/her way to DC to fuck over his constituents by giving them what they want while robbing them (and their progeny) blind. When they get caught in the blowback from the assault on the coloreds and Mexicans they complain the right people aren’t getting hurt.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #29917 on: March 26, 2020, 04:50:52 PM »

Trump and his GOP sycophants don’t give a shit about any of us, including Red and kiid.

In short, the Trump administration forced a catastrophic strategic surprise onto the American people. But unlike past strategic surprises—Pearl Harbor, the Iranian revolution of 1979, or especially 9/11—the current one was brought about by unprecedented indifference, even willful negligence. Whereas, for example, the 9/11 Commission Report assigned blame for the al Qaeda attacks on the administrations of presidents Ronald Reagan through George W. Bush, the unfolding coronavirus crisis is overwhelmingly the sole responsibility of the current White House.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/03/25/coronavirus-worst-intelligence-failure-us-history-covid-19/

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #29918 on: March 26, 2020, 04:52:12 PM »

What’s your explanation?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #29919 on: March 26, 2020, 05:14:04 PM »

What’s your explanation?

Bend your neck and have a seat.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #29920 on: March 26, 2020, 05:16:18 PM »

We're marching to Zion, beautiful, beautiful Zion;
We're marching upward to Zion; the beautiful city of God

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/03/26/coronavirus-louisiana-pastor-has-services-1000-defies-state-order/2914259001/

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #29921 on: March 26, 2020, 05:27:31 PM »

What’s your explanation?

Bend your neck and have a seat.
LOL!

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #29922 on: March 26, 2020, 05:29:30 PM »

I wonder if their is some sort of inhaler that we can use to save lives in the fight against the corona virus? Since this illness attacks our lungs, I wonder if we can inhale something to help our lungs to be healthier?

For me, Vicks VapoRub helps when I get a chest cold, when I was a kid my Mother would rub Vicks on my chest when she put me to bed when I was sick, and she would put a little Vicks under my nose, and it always helped. Breathing the vapors from Vicks has always helped me when I get a chest cold.

Maybe the Vicks company can help in the corona crisis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicks

Maybe the researchers at the research hospitals can experiment with Vicks VapoRub and see what makes it work, and see if they can improve on that for this particular case. Any research hospital that is sitting around not doing experiments can do experiments on inhalers, and on Vicks.

Those are a few thoughts.

I hope that we all stay well.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 05:31:51 PM by FlyingVProd »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29923 on: March 26, 2020, 06:02:07 PM »

Trump has been fucking off since December. We now have the biggest outbreak anywhere. At least Nero could fiddle. Trump is just a bum.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

oilcan

« Reply #29924 on: March 26, 2020, 06:04:55 PM »

The first problem with COVID-19 for the right is that it imposes a social formation that displaces the market and its key directives. This is a major problem because the only way capitalism can function is by excluding all other alternatives. It alone must be the only form of social reality. Its absolutism is its conatus, its mode of persistence.

https://www.thestranger.com/slog/2020/03/24/43234830/the-logic-behind-sacrificing-old-people-for-the-economy

Pages: 1 ... 1993 1994 [1995] 1996 1997 ... 4288