Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2090 2091 [2092] 2093 2094 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1767949 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #31365 on: April 10, 2020, 07:20:10 PM »

Nobody

And that wasnt what Levin was saying

Yeah, it was. You just misunderstood him.

His endorsement of mass murder in the form of developing herd immunity taken out of the account,  Levin’s questions clearly illustrate the ways trumps narcissism, nepotism, and callous cowardice have massively magnified the scope of the crisis, the terrible toll it has already taken, the enormous time, energy, pain, effort, and resources it will take to contain the danger, halt the slide, and begin to grow again. His questions also show how trump and the GOP’s constant and continued disgusting behavior not only delays the beginning of that work but causes additional suffering and loss in the meantime.

As a propaganda arm Fox is evil and very stupid. So stupid it occasionally lies it’s way back into truth without realizing it or covering up the evidence.

Good article Kiid. Thanks for the link.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #31366 on: April 10, 2020, 07:25:44 PM »

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/fdny-sees-huge-uptick-in-doa-ambulance-cases-as-covid-ravages-city

Undercounted Covid deaths are at least 20-30% in NYC, where the population is dense and public services are relatively well funded. I’d expect 30-50% current undercounts in jurisdictions that sold their public sectors to profit takers and lobbyists over the last few decades.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31367 on: April 10, 2020, 07:34:46 PM »

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-52248516

WHO points out the hazards of relaxing social distancing (and other measures) too early.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #31368 on: April 10, 2020, 07:44:58 PM »

Trump's finishing line today:

"The American people have been so disciplined...It's been my honor to be their president...I have said it before, I'll say it agaln - it has been my great honor....I have a big decision coming up - and I only hope to God that it's the right decision.  But it will be based on the input of many talented people, many smart people - and people that love our country.  Thank you all very much, thank you".

Honest.

Presidential.

and I understand some of you being occasionally impressed, including today, while being unwilling to make any kind of even half turn toward accepting a second Trump term
Did you intend to write this in English?

Honors track

Sorry - I dont have time to dumb it down for you.

Enjoy the evening with your family, pal.  Life's short.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #31369 on: April 10, 2020, 07:49:40 PM »

WHO points out the hazards of relaxing social distancing (and other measures) too early.

Indeed - there are risks - or else the decision is an easy one.

Europe's worst hit countries, Spain and Italy, are both relaxing some measures, while their lockdowns continue.

Trump did say in the Q and A today that he has his eyes on Europe.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #31370 on: April 10, 2020, 07:55:34 PM »

It was more presidential than usual, especially compared to the campaign rallies he has been calling briefings.

Nice.

Movements start with small steps.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31371 on: April 10, 2020, 07:59:28 PM »

"The American people have been so disciplined...It's been my honor to be their president...I have said it before, I'll say it agaln - it has been my great honor....I have a big decision coming up - and I only hope to God that it's the right decision.  But it will be based on the input of many talented people, many smart people - and people that love our country.  Thank you all very much, thank you".

Honest.

Presidential.

and I understand some of you being occasionally impressed, including today, while being unwilling to make any kind of even half turn toward accepting a second Trump term

Honors track

Kid, it ought to have taken less time to clarify than it took you to say it would take too long, unless you didn't understand it, either.

I do understand, though, that your life is nasty, brutish, and short.

But always remember that you are one of the people who illustrates that Einstein was right, while you proclaim Hobbes' truth, which pertains to both you and your political bedmates and ostensible leaders.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31372 on: April 10, 2020, 08:00:51 PM »

Indeed - there are risks - or else the decision is an easy one.

Europe's worst hit countries, Spain and Italy, are both relaxing some measures, while their lockdowns continue.

Trump did say in the Q and A today that he has his eyes on Europe.

Spain has not crested yet and should not be relaxing its measures at all.

And the decision is]/i] an easy one, for those not putting the Dow ahead of lives.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31373 on: April 10, 2020, 08:01:32 PM »

It was more presidential than usual, especially compared to the campaign rallies he has been calling briefings.

Nice.

Movements start with small steps.

Or with putting the seat down.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #31376 on: April 10, 2020, 08:14:30 PM »

Honest.

Presidential.

Honors track

Wow. "Honors track" and superstar baseball and basketball player. When did you find the time to become the abject cretin we all know and love?
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #31377 on: April 10, 2020, 08:22:19 PM »

I do understand, though, that your life is nasty, brutish, and short.

Mon Dieu - are you giving me the virus.  That's a bit unkind.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 2090 2091 [2092] 2093 2094 ... 4288