Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2675 2676 [2677] 2678 2679 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2007922 times)

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #40140 on: June 26, 2020, 06:37:41 PM »

There what goes?

The Republican Party...Saviour of Black Ametica.

You need to remember (or maybe you didn't know) that the Democratic ad the Republican parties underwent a huge change in the 1960s.  The voters who made up the Democratic party prior to the Civil Rights act being passed in 1964 included a majority of southern whites.  As I posted a few days ago in this forum, for nearly 100 years after the civil war African-Americans used to support the Republican party and Southern Whites used to vote Democratic.  After passage of the civil rights act those votings blocs shifted.

You shouldn't mistake the Republican abolitionist party of the civil war era with today's republican party.  The two parties basically swapped uniforms.  Today's Democrats can trace their party lineage to the Pre-Civil Rights act Republican party.  I'm assuming you did not know this.

You assume correctly.

After all, we've only spelled it out a half dozen times or so in the comparatively recent past.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #40141 on: June 26, 2020, 06:38:52 PM »

DOW up 800

That was 10 days ago, in the morning. The Dow ended up 500+ for the day, putting it 1100+ in 3 days, from the June low of 25,128. We finished today at ~25,015, 20 points ahead of a month ago.

Still, we are 6,400ish ahead of the low in March.

Mind you, the Dow is still detached from reality, like Bambi, Kid, and Trump.

lol
I don't understand much about the stock market...only  what I learnt from the  movie
"Trading Places"..."buy low, sell high".
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40142 on: June 26, 2020, 06:40:23 PM »

Veteran Democratic strategist James Carville says he believes it's more likely that Trump decides to drop out of the 2020 race than Trump wins re-election.

Isnt he dead yet?

No, But Roy Cohn is. So is Lee Atwater. But Karl Rove still presses on, unaware that no one cares what Karl has to say.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #40143 on: June 26, 2020, 06:43:49 PM »

A 2nd might be Trump is the cruelest dumbest most indifferent to human life indecent motherfucker ever to be President.

Have you ever done a little research on Andrew Jackson?
I dont think Andrew Jackson was dumb.

No, but he was the most indifferent to human life and indecent motherfucker ever to be President. Just ask the Cherokee Nation about that ethnic cleanser.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #40144 on: June 26, 2020, 06:44:46 PM »

There what goes?

You need to remember (or maybe you didn't know) that the Democratic ad the Republican parties underwent a huge change in the 1960s.  The voters who made up the Democratic party prior to the Civil Rights act being passed in 1964 included a majority of southern whites.  As I posted a few days ago in this forum, for nearly 100 years after the civil war African-Americans used to support the Republican party and Southern Whites used to vote Democratic.  After passage of the civil rights act those votings blocs shifted.

You shouldn't mistake the Republican abolitionist party of the civil war era with today's republican party.  The two parties basically swapped uniforms.  Today's Democrats can trace their party lineage to the Pre-Civil Rights act Republican party.  I'm assuming you did not know this.

You assume correctly.

After all, we've only spelled it out a half dozen times or so in the comparatively recent past.

Yes, but...it''s not that simple anymore.
What did Obama actually ...do...in 8 years,,, except make fancy speeches?
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #40145 on: June 26, 2020, 06:46:29 PM »

There what goes?

You assume correctly.

https://washingtonmonthly.com/magazine/januaryfebruary-2017/obamas-top-50-accomplishments-revisited/

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #40146 on: June 26, 2020, 06:52:11 PM »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #40147 on: June 26, 2020, 06:54:35 PM »

Yeah...

Rove, just another loon who thought Trump might win.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 06:58:30 PM by kiidcarter8 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #40148 on: June 26, 2020, 06:57:34 PM »

There what goes?

You assume correctly.

https://washingtonmonthly.com/magazine/januaryfebruary-2017/obamas-top-50-accomplishments-revisited/

Off the top of his head.

heh

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40149 on: June 26, 2020, 07:02:17 PM »

Veteran Democratic strategist James Carville says he believes it's more likely that Trump decides to drop out of the 2020 race than Trump wins re-election.

Don't forget Bo predicted circa mid-April that Trump might drop out.
Up to a 50% chance.

But, Brzezinski added, Trump does not like to lose. Scarborough concurred, and suggested that Trump could follow the example of Lyndon Johnson in 1968 and withdraw from the race.

Did Johnson have an unwavering belief in anything at all?

Comparing him to Trump in this sense is comical.

Boy, you sure are dim. He wanted power. So did Trump. But the differences between them makes the comparison comical in the opposite direction of what you suggest.

I'm not a big LBJ fan, but his dedication to this country is equivalent to Bob Dole's or George HW Bush's. Trump's is closer to Sarah Palin's. LBJ wanted to use power to make things better for the country. Trump wants/wanted it to make things better for Trump.

Johnson served instead of trying to get out of serving. He requested combat duty.

You want to besmirch somebody, Kid? Go look in the mirror.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40150 on: June 26, 2020, 07:13:22 PM »

There what goes?

You assume correctly.

He’s given me health care over most of the last decade, put the republicans into the barrel within which they are now shooting themselves before dropping completely off the stage as a national party, created an economy good enough to last through more than three years of trump abuse before crashing. He built it from the smoking rubble of Bush’s crashed economy, while containing several potential pandemics that we know about. He deescalated in Iraq, killed Bin Laden, and set the stage for the defeat of ISIS and the rise of the Zelensky Government in the Ukraine.

He turned the American community college system into a better source of Education than the traditional four year system, and many other things besides.

I don’t know what he did for you, but he should have sent you a nuke or ten, business end foward, descending at high velocity, as payback for the crime of having inflicted Rupert Murdoch on the world.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40151 on: June 26, 2020, 07:13:42 PM »

There what goes?

You assume correctly.

Yeah!

(Your grasp of history is only exceeded in its ignorance by your grasp of the present.)

You should look it up, Bambi, because you do not retain anything we tell you.

But a hint: If he did so little, how come so much of what Trump has done has been to undo what Obama did?!

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #40152 on: June 26, 2020, 07:23:50 PM »

There what goes?

You assume correctly.

He’s given me health care over most of the last decade, put the republicans into the barrel within which they are now shooting themselves before dropping completely off the stage as a national party, created an economy good enough to last through more than three years of trump abuse before crashing. He built it from the smoking rubble of Bush’s crashed economy, while containing several potential pandemics that we know about. He deescalated in Iraq, killed Bin Laden, and set the stage for the defeat of ISIS and the rise of the Zelensky Government in the Ukraine.

He turned the American community college system into a better source of Education than the traditional four year system, and many other things besides.

So he did well.
In his second term he visited Australia.
He seemed shocked...think he thought he was coming to a "dumb, drunk, racist" backwater.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #40153 on: June 26, 2020, 07:27:44 PM »

A reminder of the Constitution vis-a-vis
Mail -in voting.

The Supreme Court on Friday rejected an emergency appeal that sought permission for voters in Texas to cast absentee ballots in this year’s elections if they feared coronavirus risks from voting in person.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/supreme-court-rejects-bid-for-texas-voters-afraid-of-coronavirus-to-cast-absentee-ballots-11593207543?mod=mhp

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40154 on: June 26, 2020, 07:29:33 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 2675 2676 [2677] 2678 2679 ... 4288