Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3016 3017 [3018] 3019 3020 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2007886 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #45255 on: July 30, 2020, 04:01:42 AM »

“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

― George Carlin

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45256 on: July 30, 2020, 04:46:50 AM »

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5f21b5a2c5b6b8cd63b10182

As happened in 2007, republicans may have completely missed the moment to do anyone any good throughout a terrible catastrophe with huge economic consequences yet again.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #45257 on: July 30, 2020, 05:32:53 AM »

Before the Covid, Australian rats were taking all the L.A. bar tending jobs. I guess that’s what they’re up to now, with trump so miserably botching the U.S. response to the pandemic.

Someone let them.
Someone gave them the jobs.
Maybe they were/are good employees.
Hospitality industry in Australia has employees from all over the world.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #45258 on: July 30, 2020, 06:42:06 AM »

---Louie Gohmert, who refused to wear a mask, tests positive for coronavirus---

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/29/louis-gohmert-who-refused-to-wear-a-mask-tests-positive-for-coronavirus-386076

Another republican lawmaker gets the virus for not wearing mask. At this point insane.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #45259 on: July 30, 2020, 06:45:14 AM »

she was truly the definition of the lesser of two evils .

Really?  Why?

She is a moderate, ok.  And you could say that her response to the Lewinsky affair was contemptible.  It was.

But evil?  What reason is there to think that she would not have continued the professional, competent and compassionate leadership we took for granted under Obama? 
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #45260 on: July 30, 2020, 06:49:46 AM »

Are Americans dumb?

A couple in Michigan had to take down their Norwegian flag from their inn as folks were complaining thinking it was a Confederate flag

Americans are stupid.

Not just the "conservative" ones, though they have a disproportionate percentage of the stupidity.

Democrat filled parties are spreading this virus.

Assholes attend.

How do you know they were Democrats, kiidcarter8?

Were they parties held by the Democratic Party?  No, unlike Republicans, Democrats aren't throwing those.

Did people have to mark down their political affiliations at the door?  No?  Then they had to reveal who they are planning on voting for in 2020 under police questioning?  No?

If parties are to blame for spreading the virus, are you to stupid to realize that the true cause of that would be Republicans and the "president" downplaying the dangers of the virus, causing it a "hoax" while failing to support and model social distancing and mask wearing?  Answer to that one is a resounding Yes!
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #45261 on: July 30, 2020, 06:56:07 AM »

Repubs have to be asked about Trump's openly racist twitter about suburbs.

I am happy to inform all of the people living their Suburban Lifestyle Dream that you will no longer be bothered or financially hurt by having low income housing built in your neighborhood...

...Your housing prices will go up based on the market, and crime will go down. I have rescinded the Obama-Biden AFFH Rule. Enjoy!

Trump's running on racism, segregation fear and red-lining.

Fucking disgusting

To what end asking them?

Neither of ours responded either time this was posted. They have nothing to say about it. It is irrelevant to them, so long as they get theirs.

No, no, you guys don't get it.  It wasn't racist.

What Trump meant to do was express seething contempt for a broad swath of Americans who have low incomes, saying that people who are too poor to be called middle class make bad neighbors, commit lots of crimes, and the mere fact of having their filth live near you will lower your property values.  Struggling to get by is anathema to the "Suburban Dream Lifestyle" because poor people are such a huge downer.  That's what he meant to say.

But at least he didn't call them "deplorable" right?

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #45262 on: July 30, 2020, 07:16:57 AM »

I am happy to inform all of the people living their Suburban Lifestyle Dream that you will no longer be bothered or financially hurt by having low income housing built in your neighborhood...

...Your housing prices will go up based on the market, and crime will go down. I have rescinded the Obama-Biden AFFH Rule. Enjoy!

Fucking disgusting

To what end asking them?

Neither of ours responded either time this was posted. They have nothing to say about it. It is irrelevant to them, so long as they get theirs.

No, no, you guys don't get it.  It wasn't racist.

What Trump meant to do was express seething contempt for a broad swath of Americans who have low incomes, saying that people who are too poor to be called middle class make bad neighbors, commit lots of crimes, and the mere fact of having their filth live near you will lower your property values.  Struggling to get by is anathema to the "Suburban Dream Lifestyle" because poor people are such a huge downer.  That's what he meant to say.

But at least he didn't call them "deplorable" right?

Deplorable filthy coal miners. They should all be retrained for clean 6 figure jobs. Wait, that was 2016, some liberal elitist. Turned an easy election victory into a loss.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #45263 on: July 30, 2020, 07:20:19 AM »

Deplorable filthy coal miners.

Correctly telling people that they need to prepare for their industry shutting down because it is dying, and offering her support in that effort, is not the same as calling those people deplorable.  Very obviously, its the opposite.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #45264 on: July 30, 2020, 07:21:19 AM »

Deplorable filthy coal miners.

Correctly telling people that they need to prepare for their industry shutting down because it is dying, and offering her support in that effort, is not the same as calling those people deplorable.  Very obviously, its the opposite.

And no, I don't think 50,000 people turned an easy victory into a loss.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #45266 on: July 30, 2020, 07:44:50 AM »

In 80% of relationships one person cheats.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #45267 on: July 30, 2020, 07:46:22 AM »

In 80% of relationships one person cheats.
Did you make that up or is your source one of those great websites you frequent? 
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #45268 on: July 30, 2020, 09:15:12 AM »

Fucking disgusting

To what end asking them?

Neither of ours is running for re-election.

IMO Trump's tweet was so racist and vile Repubs runninf for election should be asked if they believe in the meassage that Trump sends.

If they do they do, and if they don't they can speak out against racism and the meaasage of fear anf hate  Trump uses to weaken the country every day. 

I don't think it should be ignored and dismissed as, Donnie being Donnie"

I thought it was vile.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #45269 on: July 30, 2020, 09:28:00 AM »

she was truly the definition of the lesser of two evils .

Really?  Why?

She is a moderate, ok.  And you could say that her response to the Lewinsky affair was contemptible.  It was.

But evil?  What reason is there to think that she would not have continued the professional, competent and compassionate leadership we took for granted under Obama?

I used and modified a well-known cliche about our choices in '16 to rebut a false narrative advanced by kid.

perhaps you were not aware of the cliched phrase.

But in any case, you've edited it and tokk it out of context for which it was intended-to rebut kid's statement.

And then posed a strawman argument atop of that.

I thought her a poor candidate, but very qualified for the job, and was voting for her despite my perceptions of her.

And as noted in the original post, the truly evil choice was elected.
Pages: 1 ... 3016 3017 [3018] 3019 3020 ... 4288