Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3083 3084 [3085] 3086 3087 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1614405 times)

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #46260 on: August 06, 2020, 07:11:24 AM »

Sorry but it’s ok now for a presidential campaign to run other candidates in the same race in hopes of siphoning off votes from the real opposition?

Kanye’s own wife says he needs mental help. But let’s run him as a candidate in Wisconsin because those Black people will vote for him?

Incredibly insulting and dirty, from people who show us again and again that they despise Democracy.

Yesterday Trump denied knowing anything or having anything to do with Kanye's run.  An obvious lie, as it was one of his own campaign lawyers that filed the paperwork in Wisconsin.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #46261 on: August 06, 2020, 07:20:28 AM »

The question is actually if these restrictions are in fact "oppressive" which of course they are not.  The restrictions aren't being imposed to oppress the rights of gym owners.  Gym owners are not an oppressed minority that the man has now decided to keep down.  Their gyms are closed because they are an environment where a deadly virus will easily spread.  Its really fucking simple.

Here is what a gym owner should be saying to Fox News:

"I needed to close my gym because of a pandemic raging in my area that would put the lives of my patrons at risk.  I'm doing my duty to keep people safe.  But that means my livelihood and the livelihood of my employees is at risk.  And I don't want to have to shut down my business before its safe to open up again.  So what is the Federal Government doing to help me stay alive and stay in business while my gym needs to shut down?"

What does Mitch McConnell have to say to that?
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #46262 on: August 06, 2020, 09:35:13 AM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

oilcan

« Reply #46263 on: August 06, 2020, 09:37:46 AM »

The New York City Board of Elections disqualified 84,208 vote-by-mail ballots — 26% of the total cast — in the June 23 Democratic presidential primary, according to a report cited Wednesday evening by the New York Post.

The Post reported:

The city BOE received 403,213 mail-in ballots for the June 23 Democratic presidential primary.

But the certified results released Wednesday revealed that only 318,995 mail-in ballots were counted.

That’s means 84,208 ballots were not counted or invalidated — 26 percent of the total.

Tells me that neither you nor the NY Post can do arithmetic....

NY Post is owned by News Corp.     

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #46264 on: August 06, 2020, 10:04:29 AM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/04/sports/basketball/wnba-dream-loeffler-warnock.html

“This is just more proof that the out of control cancel culture wants to shut out anyone who disagrees with them,” Loeffler said

No, Loeffler.  What the above statement is proof of is either your lack of understanding of what "Cancel Culture" is, or your willingness to misuse the term.  Endorsing your political opponent in a fairly held election is not "canceling" you.

I continue to be fascinated by the attitude among Conservatives that they should be able to both have shitty views, and not be held accountable for those views politically.  You call out White Supremacists in their ranks, you are the real racist.  Call out racism and misogyny, that is out of control political correctness.  Now we have "cancel culture."

You have shitty views, stand behind them.  And if you support free speech as you do when it comes to giving money to campaigns then support the rights of others to speak against the shitty views you espouse.

barton

« Reply #46265 on: August 06, 2020, 10:15:31 AM »

The question is actually if these restrictions are in fact "oppressive" which of course they are not.  The restrictions aren't being imposed to oppress the rights of gym owners.  Gym owners are not an oppressed minority that the man has now decided to keep down.  Their gyms are closed because they are an environment where a deadly virus will easily spread.  Its really fucking simple.

Like the people now swarming into my town,  and Sturgis 25 miles up the road, the really fucking simple exists outside their information silo.   In their silo, CV is not deadly, mail ballots are a scam,  Russia isn't pumping their FB feeds with propaganda,  and "45" is a shrewd businessman who sees through all the hoaxes and lies of the international Jewish media plot to form a world government.   

If CV kills off a bunch of these morons,  it will be doing the planet a favor.   

Yes,  my posts will be punchier than usual during the next nine days.   

barton

« Reply #46266 on: August 06, 2020, 10:24:31 AM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/04/sports/basketball/wnba-dream-loeffler-warnock.html

“This is just more proof that the out of control cancel culture wants to shut out anyone who disagrees with them,” Loeffler said

No, Loeffler.  What the above statement is proof of is either your lack of understanding of what "Cancel Culture" is, or your willingness to misuse the term.  Endorsing your political opponent in a fairly held election is not "canceling" you.

I continue to be fascinated by the attitude among Conservatives that they should be able to both have shitty views, and not be held accountable for those views politically.  You call out White Supremacists in their ranks, you are the real racist.  Call out racism and misogyny, that is out of control political correctness.  Now we have "cancel culture."

You have shitty views, stand behind them.  And if you support free speech as you do when it comes to giving money to campaigns then support the rights of others to speak against the shitty views you espouse.

More upward thumbs than my two hands provide.   

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #46267 on: August 06, 2020, 10:31:56 AM »

Like the people now swarming into my town,  and Sturgis 25 miles up the road, the really fucking simple exists outside their information silo.

I'm really curious about this statistic Ben Shapiro thinks owned Chris Cuomo:

“Fifty-three point three percent of the deaths come from 0.6% of the population. Bottom line, that’s a f------g stat that nobody is talking about,”

Where is this coming from?

If that 0.6% is the nursing home population, then the correct percentage is 42% which makes it funny that this guy was so precise about his wrong statistic.

And so what?  The other 58% is still almost 90,000 dead outside of Nursing Homes.

And a gym owner should be well aware that COVID poses the threat of long-term maybe permanent damage to the respiratory system of survivors.   So the focus on the death rate doesn't capture the full picture of the dangers.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46268 on: August 06, 2020, 10:45:22 AM »

“We all have the right to make a living. We all have the right to actually do what we want to do as Americans. We are promised liberty,” he added. “They have actually put such oppressive restrictions on us that it’s just unacceptable to us.”

https://www.foxnews.com/media/ben-shapiro-chris-cuomo-nj-gym-owners

Hey kid. I have freedom of speech. Do I have a right to stand in front of your house with a sign that says you beat your wife and kids?
 I mean, First Amendment, right?

Try not to defend the Covidiots among us.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #46269 on: August 06, 2020, 10:52:51 AM »

"This guy is just citing stats all over him and Cuomo has nothing," Shapiro said, "because his entire propaganda appeal has been 'Trump is a bad orange man ... [but] my brother, who completely blew it in New York, is the greatest governor in the history of the world.'"

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #46270 on: August 06, 2020, 10:54:32 AM »

The New York City Board of Elections disqualified 84,208 vote-by-mail ballots — 26% of the total cast — in the June 23 Democratic presidential primary, according to a report cited Wednesday evening by the New York Post.

The Post reported:

The city BOE received 403,213 mail-in ballots for the June 23 Democratic presidential primary.

But the certified results released Wednesday revealed that only 318,995 mail-in ballots were counted.

That’s means 84,208 ballots were not counted or invalidated — 26 percent of the total.

those facts wrong?

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #46271 on: August 06, 2020, 10:55:39 AM »

The Post reported:

So is Marketwatch, where I found this:
The State Department’s acting inspector general resigned abruptly on Wednesday following the firing of his predecessor in circumstances now being investigated by Congress.

Stephen Akard announced his resignation just two days after Democrats issued subpoenas for several of Secretary of State Mike Pompeo’s top aides to answer questions about the shakeup in the watchdog’s office. The department said Akard would return to the private sector but offered no other reason for his departure.

“We appreciate his dedication to the department and to our country,” the department said in a statement. Akard’s deputy, Diana Shaw, will serve as the new acting inspector general once Akard leaves on Friday.

Although Akard, a close ally of Vice President Mike Pence, had not been expected to become the permanent inspector general, his departure underscores the tumult and uncertainty in the office, which has been wracked by Republican charges of leaks and politically biased investigations.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/pence-aligned-acting-inspector-general-abruptly-leaves-state-department-post-2020-08-05?mod=newsviewer_click

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #46272 on: August 06, 2020, 10:57:34 AM »

“We all have the right to make a living. We all have the right to actually do what we want to do as Americans. We are promised liberty,” he added. “They have actually put such oppressive restrictions on us that it’s just unacceptable to us.”

https://www.foxnews.com/media/ben-shapiro-chris-cuomo-nj-gym-owners

Hey kid. I have freedom of speech. Do I have a right to stand in front of your house with a sign that says you beat your wife and kids?
 I mean, First Amendment, right?

Try not to defend the Covidiots among us.

"This guy is just citing stats all over him and Cuomo has nothing," Shapiro said, "because his entire propaganda appeal has been 'Trump is a bad orange man ... [but] my brother, who completely blew it in New York, is the greatest governor in the history of the world.'"

Gee, kid. Guess you couldn't switch the topic fast enough.

Sad.

Answer the fucking question.

Let's go!

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #46273 on: August 06, 2020, 10:58:18 AM »

New York State flattened the curve, and since the initial outbreak has largely handled the virus.  If New York's success was duplicated nation-wide, the US would be one of the success stories. 

Of course, it hasn't been.  The US never flattened the curve (and if you take NY State out of the numbers, really never flattened much at all) and then experienced a second huge spike.  And yup, that is directly attributable to Trump's (lack of) leadership on COVID.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #46274 on: August 06, 2020, 11:01:44 AM »

New York State flattened the curve, and since the initial outbreak has largely handled the virus.  If New York's success was duplicated nation-wide, the US would be one of the success stories. 

Of course, it hasn't been.  The US never flattened the curve (and if you take NY State out of the numbers, really never flattened much at all) and then experienced a second huge spike.  And yup, that is directly attributable to Trump's (lack of) leadership on COVID.

Also needs be said that bad Federal Policy deserves some blame for things being as bad as they were in NY to start with.  See mishandling of Europe Travel ban which sent hundreds of thousands of potentially infected people through NY airports, and the fact that Trump was getting briefed on the viral risks in January but was dismissing them and not passing on info to governors.

States depend on the Federal Government for effective responses to viral threats.  This is just a fact.  Even if we all know now the plan was to leave it to the states and blame their governors because it hit blue states at first and who cares about those people.

Totally unsurprising that Ben Shapiro shares the sentiment.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 11:04:03 AM by NeedsAdjustments »
Pages: 1 ... 3083 3084 [3085] 3086 3087 ... 4288