Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3116 3117 [3118] 3119 3120 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1601255 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #46755 on: August 10, 2020, 04:45:59 PM »

What’s delaying Biden’s Veep pick?
Vetting process not going well?
Well if he is having second thoughts on a black woman he better listen up.
Seems Joe got a special letter today 

A group of over 100 Black male leaders is declaring that presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden “has” to name a Black woman as his running mate. In a letter made public on Monday, the signatories warned the former vice president that “failing to select a Black woman in 2020 means you will lose the election.”

So there.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 04:47:42 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46756 on: August 10, 2020, 05:27:58 PM »

A group of over 100 Black male leaders is declaring that presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden “has” to name a Black woman as his running mate. In a letter made public on Monday, the signatories warned the former vice president that “failing to select a Black woman in 2020 means you will lose the election.”

So there.
LOL. Red makes a big deal about people lobbying for a Veep pick! Clutch my pearls!
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #46757 on: August 10, 2020, 05:49:09 PM »

That fox video of Biden riding a bike and looking hearty and joking with a (somewhat clueless) reporter was a nice break from their usual pro-Trump stream.   Puts the lie to the Trump campaign's "feeble old man hiding in his basement" nonsense.  I'd like to see Trump riding a bicycle,  but I know he has to master holding a glass and ramp walking first.   

Any vaccine using the messenger RNA path will probably take longer,  since that's a newer thing.   Expect delays.   

Manipulating molecules is finicky hard work.   You can't count on luck.

He doesn't give a fuck about people.

You must stop.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #46758 on: August 10, 2020, 05:57:40 PM »

That fox video of Biden riding a bike and looking hearty and joking with a (somewhat clueless) reporter was a nice break from their usual pro-Trump stream.   Puts the lie to the Trump campaign's "feeble old man hiding in his basement" nonsense.  I'd like to see Trump riding a bicycle,  but I know he has to master holding a glass and ramp walking first.   

Any vaccine using the messenger RNA path will probably take longer,  since that's a newer thing.   Expect delays.   

You must stop.
Why?
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #46759 on: August 10, 2020, 06:10:58 PM »

So there.
LOL. Red makes a big deal about people lobbying for a Veep pick! Clutch my pearls!
Seems more like  a reminder memo that if he goes back on his word he’ll be sleeping the proverbial fishes.  Lobbying letters usually don’t contain phrases like “ or else”. Oh

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #46760 on: August 10, 2020, 06:20:43 PM »

So there.
Seems more like  a reminder memo that if he goes back on his word he’ll be sleeping the proverbial fishes.  Lobbying letters usually don’t contain phrases like “ or else”. Oh

heh
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #46761 on: August 10, 2020, 06:21:53 PM »

You must stop.
Why?
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #46762 on: August 10, 2020, 06:24:10 PM »

You must stop.

Must?

LMAO

or what?

You'll cry?

Trump's an inept corrupt fascist Russian puppet who has the blood of hundreds of thousands on his hands.

And weakens this country every day,

You don't like my hot take?

I don't care. Don't read them.

Perhaps you should keep you head securely up your ass.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #46763 on: August 10, 2020, 06:46:30 PM »

You must stop.

Yeah!

Trump cares about people!

Donald, Jr., Eric, and Ivanka. Maybe Barron.

And himself. Don't forget that he cares about himself.

But that's about it.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #46764 on: August 10, 2020, 07:07:49 PM »

So there.
LOL

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #46765 on: August 10, 2020, 07:10:21 PM »

Trump's payroll tax cut would 'terminate' Social Security, critics say

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/10/trumps-payroll-tax-cut-would-terminate-social-security-critics-say.html
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #46766 on: August 10, 2020, 07:11:22 PM »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #46767 on: August 10, 2020, 07:22:37 PM »

An EO as a safety net for pre-existing conditions?

ACA covers that pretty well.

Other than the Trump administration threatening ACA in court, and the Repubs fighting healthcare insurance for the vulnerable for almost a decade, why the need for a safety net?

Just more silly posturing by the inept clown puppet.

How about an EO as a saftey net protecting our right to vote, or protecting our elections from foreign interference?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #46768 on: August 10, 2020, 08:27:01 PM »

This is how it goes when one speaks truth to power. Power pushes back and that’s why Ilhan Omar is being primaried.

She’s the rare combination of workhorse and showhorse because they are doubly effective.

This is how Omar operates. She goes big. Yet, as Congressional Progressive Caucus cochairs Mark Pocan and Pramila Jayapal explained this week, the Minnesotan also goes deep, looking for openings to add amendments and secure immediate victories—such as her successful fight in March to include a measure allowing the federal government to grant waivers so schools closed during the pandemic could maintain meal programs for low-income students in the Families First Coronavirus Response Act.

https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/ilhan-omar-primary-challenge/
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #46769 on: August 10, 2020, 08:36:36 PM »

mrs bambu toured America in your winter in recent times...for about 8 weeks.
NSEW. Niagara Falls to Florida.
"Walked the streets" of NYC, over bridges, on trains, etc. Vegas, Florida, Iowa/Illinois, AZ, Chicago.

Never once in all that time did she hear anyone swear/use profanity. And she still has superb hearing.

The 10 marines she 'partied' with in an airport lounge during a 'long' stopover were absolute gentlemen.
That's what she does, holds court with males wherever she goes. They talk footy, sport, "one of the guys" in a pretty dress, nice smile, shiny hair lovely face. lol
Started out 4 Marines sitting across from her, she complainng to herself (her voice is clear and carries) "that's just great" ('now what am I going to do for entertainment').
Marine said "Do you have a long stopover too"?
She answered...
Marine said: Where are you from, m'am?
Marines not in uniform but to her looked 'military'...sure enough.
Chatting and much happiness, the other 6 Marines joined the party.
They offered to buy her a drink...she said Coke and offered to pay.
They talked about many things, farms, guns, young faces on old ladies lol, deployments, ww2, Vietnam and WW2 American troops in Australia.
"Line up, take an American soldier home for lunch with your family."
Black Marine said to her "you don't have people like me in Australia"
She said, 'yes we do', in NT Darwin, Indigenous people.
One Marine said he had been to Darwin.
Good time was had by all.
They departed, she wished them well.

All troops home by Christmas!
Replace them with missiles, bombs, nukes.

Go woke, go broke.
Pages: 1 ... 3116 3117 [3118] 3119 3120 ... 4288