Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3312 3313 [3314] 3315 3316 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1784104 times)

Echo5

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #49695 on: September 08, 2020, 09:45:35 PM »

Given that Biden/Harris/Pelosi/Sanders are favoured to win the election...the question is...if China were to invade
Australia, would they go to war with China?

Just pull the covers over your head.

LOL
I like surety.
I'm in no way sure that Biden/Harris/Pelosi/Sanders would go to war with China to save Australia, Japan, Vietnam
etc.

Your mistake is believing that Trump would.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #49696 on: September 08, 2020, 10:51:59 PM »

I'm not really sure I understand the Sino-Oz tussle.

What's going on?
Xi is picking fights with everyone, and has told his people to prepare for war...according to experts on my tv kast night.
They also said that Australia should prepare for an invasion.
Charming.
Exactly why Australia should've had nuke-armed subs long ago.

So you have no clue too ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Echo5

• View Profile
« Reply #49697 on: September 08, 2020, 11:00:10 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/08/politics/e-jean-carroll-trump-lawsuit/index.html

The so-called Department of Justice wants permission to defend Donald J. Trump in the E. Jean Carroll lawsuit against him, personally.

This is how they would like to spend the tax-payers' dollars.

Pretty revolting.

All this as he continues to ty to dodge every way he can having his DNA compared with DNA on her dress, despite his claim to have never met her.

If he's trying this hard to hide it, at least he thinks he is guilty, even if nobody else did before.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #49698 on: September 08, 2020, 11:06:28 PM »

I'm in no way sure that Biden/Harris/Pelosi/Sanders would go to war with China to save Australia, Japan, Vietnam
etc.

Vietnam?
Didn't we do that already?
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Echo5

• View Profile
« Reply #49699 on: September 08, 2020, 11:07:59 PM »

etc.

Vietnam?
Didn't we do that already?

Ho, Ho, Ho.

Echo5

• View Profile
« Reply #49700 on: September 08, 2020, 11:48:31 PM »

The "Law and Order" President was once again breaking the law, this time in North Carolina.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/08/politics/donald-trump-north-carolina-2020-election/index.html

Trump, campaign crowd appear to violate North Carolina mask order

Nothing new here. The man is a criminal and a scofflaw, both, and he inspires others to break the law, too.

Plyler -- a top Republican official in the county Trump is visiting -- said the situation on the ground there should warrant a change in the President's mask-wearing behavior.

"We've got 6,000 people with the virus right now in this county. And the latest statistic is, out of the 6,000, I think is that 86 have passed away from it," he told CNN. "My concern is -- we've got the virus here. The virus doesn't give a rip whether it's the President or God Almighty himself. It's going to find its place. And the way we have to figure this, at least in my mind, is that we all have to be careful about it."

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #49701 on: September 09, 2020, 12:49:50 AM »

https://mobile.twitter.com/MichaelRapaport/status/1303137489415151616

What is the context here?   The sound is poor quality,  and a viewer has no idea what precipitated the confrontation with the manager.   No competent journalist would run a story on a couple minutes of video without some context.  Could  this be why only partisan hacks dumped this on social media?   "Look,  angry black people!  Scary! "

Since he's spamming the forum with links with no context the best thing I can think of doing is just to scroll past those posts. But that's just me. 
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #49702 on: September 09, 2020, 12:50:39 AM »

Given that Biden/Harris/Pelosi/Sanders are favoured to win the election...the question is...if China were to invade

LOL
I like surety.
etc.

Hell no!

Fuck Australia and your Murdochs and Burnetts!

US is the largest investor in Australia.
US drones are guided from the outback.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #49703 on: September 09, 2020, 12:53:49 AM »

LOL
I like surety.
etc.

Your mistake is believing that Trump would.

Not sure about him 100% either.
Never have been.
He hasn't said the right things or shown any intention to visit.
Maybe he would have in his second term.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #49705 on: September 09, 2020, 01:08:38 AM »

I'm not really sure I understand the Sino-Oz tussle.

What's going on?
Xi is picking fights with everyone, and has told his people to prepare for war...according to experts on my tv kast night.
They also said that Australia should prepare for an invasion.
Charming.
Exactly why Australia should've had nuke-armed subs long ago.

So you have no clue too ...

The popguns we have now would be useless.
At least nuke armed subs would be something.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Echo5

• View Profile
« Reply #49707 on: September 09, 2020, 02:29:29 AM »

http://www.salon.com/2020/09/08/short-on-cash-trump-campaign-appears-to-be-hiding-large-dollar-payments-to-top-staff/

It's okay with Kid and Ward if Trump does these illegal things.

Always has been. Most of Trump's (remaining) constituency feels the same way.

"He's not an ordinary politician," they have told us repeatedly. And it's true - he's a con man, not a politician.

Echo5

• View Profile
« Reply #49708 on: September 09, 2020, 02:30:58 AM »

https://www.westernstatescenter.org/schools

This is about the rise of white nationalism in our schools.

Everybody here except Ward, Kid, and Bambi will want to read this. Ward will LOL, Kid will deny, and Bambi will make some sort of mealy-mouthed response.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #49709 on: September 09, 2020, 03:01:30 AM »

https://www.theepochtimes.com/new-hampshire-man-arrested-for-voting-twice-in-2016-election_3488035.html

Steer clear of this outlet run by Falun Gong. It’s the epitome of fake news

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/media/two-sites-that-amplify-hoaxes-given-special-treatment-at-trumps-briefings-despite-restrictions/2020/08/14/8579032e-de6e-11ea-809e-b8be57ba616e_story.html

I haven't looked in much in the past few years, and undoubtedly they are partisan in terms of being anti-Beijing and pro-Trump because he's taken a hard line on China.  But outside of that agenda, their news coverage seems normal, and they focus on China issues other western media might ignore/not care about. 

For about 3+ years I used to use their free proxy server which got me through to NYT and youtube and other blocked sites.  And some of their new slinks would be at the bottom of the proxy home page so occasionally I'd click through.  And their news articles were usually good and useful.

Not sure the extent of their Trump support and how that has colored their political articles.  They are a group with a political agenda.  But most of their news seems impartial.  The crackdown on Falun Gong was basically a dress rehearsal for the Uighur stomping going on now.  FG practitioners were thrown in jail and reeducation camps on a mass scale.  They were a group who practiced basically tai qi and other slow moving exercises along breathing and meditation, and were made up mostly of middle aged ladies in sneakers.  They were prevalent in parks throughout China, noted for their discipline and cleaning up after themselves.   But the PRC didn't like any organization having coordinated action and power.  When the gov't tried to ban FG, they protested peacefully outside the gov't in large numbers.  So the gov't engaged into a large-scale brutal crackdown on hundreds of thousands of FG members.  But the West didn't say peep.  And now the Uighur crackdown is larger and getting some attention.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 3312 3313 [3314] 3315 3316 ... 4288