Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3397 3398 [3399] 3400 3401 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1599911 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #50970 on: September 21, 2020, 06:41:03 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/21/media/fauci-redstate-nih/index.html

A government official who wrote anti-Fauci material for RedState has resigned after his identity became public.

"Resigned" is how the story put it.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #50971 on: September 21, 2020, 07:12:38 PM »

I want her defeated, not dead. And if she loses (this election, too), I still want her to live, not to kill herself.

You phallus!

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #50972 on: September 21, 2020, 07:15:55 PM »

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/new-us-covid-19-cases-rise-17percent-in-past-week-deaths-up-5percent/ar-BB19gLLu?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000

New U.S. COVID-19 cases rise 17% in past week, deaths up 5% [/b]

(Reuters) - The weekly number of new COVID-19 cases in the United States rose last week for the first time after falling for eight straight weeks, an increase that health experts attributed to schools reopening and parties over the Labor Day holiday.

#####

bambu is a simple man.
Simple solution...close the schools and ban parties.

17%...is better than the UK's doubling of new cases every 7 days. France is exploding with new cases too.

How much is hospitalization rising?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50973 on: September 21, 2020, 07:18:52 PM »

I want her defeated, not dead. And if she loses (this election, too), I still want her to live, not to kill herself.

You phallus!

I certainly do.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #50974 on: September 21, 2020, 07:22:05 PM »

This is an example of a case that went from dispute to SCOTUS, with no lower court involved:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/130ORIG.ZS.html

Nor could they direct it to a lower court because the Constitution requires cases between states go to them, if I recall correctly.

Had they deadlocked, they would have punted it to the following term. There were 8 of them, as Souter had recused himself. But it was not a tough call in this instance. NH had already screwed themselves with previously held positions.

Thanks!   Concrete example very helpful.   That "original jurisdiction" clause.   Not sure how electoral returns would ever involve an interstate dispute, so maybe that's a migraine no one ever needs to get.
Well, no.
Clause 2 makes no reference to an “ interstate dispute”,

In all Cases affecting Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, and those in which a State shall be a Party, the supreme Court shall have original Jurisdiction.

A four-four SCOTUS in a tightly contested Presidential election shoud make everyone nervous.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50976 on: September 21, 2020, 07:35:31 PM »

It’s 5-3 partisan. If it gets to the courts, the allies will have to invade us to end WWIII. I wouldn’t count on Roberts to save the nation from more of trump-republican dissolution and depravity.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #50977 on: September 21, 2020, 07:59:00 PM »

A four-four SCOTUS in a tightly contested Presidential election shoud make everyone nervous.

Highly contested? Biden should win this in a landslide as a clear majority of Americans understand Trump is a corrupt and inept authoritarian buffoon.

I think what makes everyone nervous, will be watching in horror, as a Repub picked and packed court of conspirators nullifies the votes of millions of blue state voters because the 40% that the deplorable-based Trump fascist party gathered from the stupid, racist, greedy scared and barely literate Trump voter, wasn't enough to cook the books, for der Donald.

Whats petrifies most decent democratic loving Americans is that we will take a giant step into fascism as we see our democracy murdered.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #50978 on: September 21, 2020, 08:05:51 PM »

Too many days left, Bank.

6.8 lead now 6.5.

Soon - as I had said - to be 5+ - 3 points down from 2 weeks ago.

They call him quite a few things

Wrong Way Joe sounds about right

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #50979 on: September 21, 2020, 08:12:26 PM »

6.8 lead now 6.5.

They call him quite a few things

Wrong Way Joe sounds about right

That’s not the race you feel tightening. It’s your anus around trump’s dick.

I hope you are enjoying your herd mentality, you herb.

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #50980 on: September 21, 2020, 08:15:49 PM »

You're right kid-and I don't say that often, as you are almost uniformly wrong.

There's lots of time left for Trump to find a way to shock, disrupt, distract from the death and destruction and deteriration of decency and our democracy he has brought upon us.

But my point stands, most Amercians should be nervous of 9 justices overwriting the millions of votes cast by the American people.

Red seems almost buoyed by the prospect.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50981 on: September 21, 2020, 08:24:05 PM »

This is an example of a case that went from dispute to SCOTUS, with no lower court involved:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/130ORIG.ZS.html

Nor could they direct it to a lower court because the Constitution requires cases between states go to them, if I recall correctly.

Had they deadlocked, they would have punted it to the following term. There were 8 of them, as Souter had recused himself. But it was not a tough call in this instance. NH had already screwed themselves with previously held positions.

Thanks!   Concrete example very helpful.   That "original jurisdiction" clause.   Not sure how electoral returns would ever involve an interstate dispute, so maybe that's a migraine no one ever needs to get.
Well, no.
Clause 2 makes no reference to an “ interstate dispute”,

In all Cases affecting Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, and those in which a State shall be a Party, the supreme Court shall have original Jurisdiction.

I wish there were a risk that if this were tightly contested the Court might go to 4-4.

But if dispute(s) were to come from state(s), then that's the level at which resolution should be made, not SCOTUS.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50982 on: September 21, 2020, 08:25:56 PM »

6.8 lead now 6.5.

Revisionism, Kid.

It was 5.8 when you wrote, recently, and talked about when it gets to 4.

It's gone from 5.8 to 6.2 to 6.5 even in the biased RCP tally.

How odd that you would have forgotten that!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50983 on: September 21, 2020, 08:27:23 PM »

6.8 lead now 6.5.

So, REALPOLITICS is down to 6.2?  Where had it been?

Real Clear Politics uses Rasmussen't polling as part of their average.  So when Rasmussen releases a poll that has Trump up by one, Biden's average lead is going to go down.  This is like the eighth time the concept of an "average" has been explained to you.

No other poll has shown significant improvement in Trump's standing, while the averages are about the same as they have been since early August.  And yes Joe has continued to get 50% or better in most recent polling.

RCP just went from 6.2 to 5.8

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #50984 on: September 21, 2020, 08:34:58 PM »

Trump is still shedding voters like old man dandruff, repellent as a rapist in a ladies room, ugly as the face Kiid sees when looking in the mirror. In trumpworld things have gotten very bad.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 3397 3398 [3399] 3400 3401 ... 4288