Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

When I consider the polls, I think that

Kid is right and the majority of national polls understate Trump's strength.
- 2 (25%)
Kid is wrong; the majority of national polls have Biden's strength about right.
- 2 (25%)
the polls are irrelevant and therefore so is Kid.
- 4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closes: October 22, 2020, 04:44:39 PM


Pages: 1 ... 3399 3400 [3401] 3402 3403 ... 3596

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 600305 times)

josh

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 9883
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #51000 on: September 22, 2020, 07:24:16 AM »

Logged
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 9883
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #51001 on: September 22, 2020, 07:26:32 AM »

Logged
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 9883
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #51002 on: September 22, 2020, 07:33:31 AM »

Mr. "A+" Trump, yesterday:
"It affects virtually nobody."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-news-live-coronavirus-us-election-updates-2020-latest-b527374.html

Sure, 200,000 people have died and at least that many have long term damage from it, but that's "virtually nobody," to him.

And we have people here who keep defending him.
Logged
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 9883
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #51003 on: September 22, 2020, 07:42:15 AM »

Logged
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 9883
    • View Profile
Logged
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2073
  • Used to be whiskeypriest.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #51005 on: September 22, 2020, 09:22:50 AM »

Under the new law, anyone found guilty of throwing objects at police and law enforcement officers would be subject to a minimum six-month jail sentence. It also imposes felony penalties for protesters who block roadways, topple monuments or harass people.





Let's go, Florida!


https://www.foxnews.com/politics/desantis-proposes-law-cracking-down-on-looters-violent-protesters-antifa-types
Assaulting a police officer is already a crime. The only reason for a more.specific offense is dick swinging.
Logged
You and I aren't heroes. This world doesn't make any heroes, outside of your stories

kiidcarter8

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 10938
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #51006 on: September 22, 2020, 09:59:53 AM »

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/new-us-covid-19-cases-rise-17percent-in-past-week-deaths-up-5percent/ar-BB19gLLu?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000


New U.S. COVID-19 cases rise 17% in past week, deaths up 5% [/b]

(Reuters) - The weekly number of new COVID-19 cases in the United States rose last week for the first time after falling for eight straight weeks, an increase that health experts attributed to schools reopening and parties over the Labor Day holiday.


#####

bambu is a simple man.
Simple solution...close the schools and ban parties.

17%...is better than the UK's doubling of new cases every 7 days. France is exploding with new cases too.
 




 


 



How much is hospitalization rising?

Not sure...but massive rises in daily cases is potential for more deaths and permanent disabilities.

Oh, surely not permanent disabilities! President Trump tells us that only 1% are impacted and the other 99% are fine!

And he gives himself an A+ in his handling of COVID-19, so how could he have missed  permanent disabilities?!

Shades of, "how could Bush let all those people die in the hurricane?"
Logged
- Pray the next 2 weeks for Hunter Biden -

kiidcarter8

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 10938
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #51007 on: September 22, 2020, 10:09:42 AM »

Under the new law, anyone found guilty of throwing objects at police and law enforcement officers would be subject to a minimum six-month jail sentence. It also imposes felony penalties for protesters who block roadways, topple monuments or harass people.





Let's go, Florida!


https://www.foxnews.com/politics/desantis-proposes-law-cracking-down-on-looters-violent-protesters-antifa-types
Assaulting a police officer is already a crime. The only reason for a more.specific offense is dick swinging.

The sentence being the key here, of course.

Deterrent?  I'd think so.  And you'd have to agree this is a good thing.
Logged
- Pray the next 2 weeks for Hunter Biden -

barton

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3780
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #51008 on: September 22, 2020, 10:20:05 AM »

 You can paraphrase the two parties approach to abortion to also describe their approach to crime:

GOP wants to suppress it,  Dems want to make it unnecessary.   

IOW,

 GOP:  Lock them up.  Criminalize everything.
DEM:   Fix societal problems,  so they don't see lawbreaking as an option. Decriminalize addictive behavior,  provide medical infrastructure.



Logged
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. "

REDSTATEWARD

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3541
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #51009 on: September 22, 2020, 10:58:26 AM »

Romney will vote on SCOTUS  nominee.
Logged

Hairy Lime

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2073
  • Used to be whiskeypriest.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #51010 on: September 22, 2020, 11:01:00 AM »

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/new-us-covid-19-cases-rise-17percent-in-past-week-deaths-up-5percent/ar-BB19gLLu?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000


New U.S. COVID-19 cases rise 17% in past week, deaths up 5% [/b]

(Reuters) - The weekly number of new COVID-19 cases in the United States rose last week for the first time after falling for eight straight weeks, an increase that health experts attributed to schools reopening and parties over the Labor Day holiday.


#####

bambu is a simple man.
Simple solution...close the schools and ban parties.

17%...is better than the UK's doubling of new cases every 7 days. France is exploding with new cases too.
 




 


 



How much is hospitalization rising?

Not sure...but massive rises in daily cases is potential for more deaths and permanent disabilities.

Oh, surely not permanent disabilities! President Trump tells us that only 1% are impacted and the other 99% are fine!

And he gives himself an A+ in his handling of COVID-19, so how could he have missed  permanent disabilities?!

Shades of, "how could Bush let all those people die in the hurricane?"
Donald Trump has mishandled the pandemic, botched our response and repeatedly lied about how serious COVID is. If it is shades of anything Bush, it is "heck of.a.job Brownie" when the response is an unmitigated disaster.

Oh, and people like you pretending criticizing an inept response to a natural disaster is blaming them for the disaster itself. Because it is easier than defending an indefensibly bad response that has cost and.continues to cost thousands of lives.
Logged
You and I aren't heroes. This world doesn't make any heroes, outside of your stories

barton

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3780
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #51011 on: September 22, 2020, 11:18:05 AM »

From WaPo a.m. summary...

Two former Republican heads of the Environmental Protection Agency are rebuking President Trump over his record on climate change and other issues — and are backing his Democratic rival, Joe Biden, for president.

Christine Todd Whitman and William K. Reilly say they are crossing party lines because Trump and his EPA deputies lack respect for the agency's science and history.

“There has been nothing like an administration on the environment in the last 50 years to compare with a dereliction that characterizes this administration,” Reilly, who served as President George H.W. Bush’s EPA administrator, told reporters in a call organized by the Biden campaign.

By contrast, both say they worked well with Biden when he was a senator and support his plan to curb the country’s greenhouse gas emissions.



Logged
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. "

kiidcarter8

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 10938
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #51012 on: September 22, 2020, 11:33:06 AM »

Oh, and people like you pretending criticizing an inept response to a natural disaster is blaming them for the disaster itself.


It was JOE BIDEN who stated Presdent Trump is responsible for ALL COVID deaths
Logged
- Pray the next 2 weeks for Hunter Biden -

Hairy Lime

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2073
  • Used to be whiskeypriest.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #51013 on: September 22, 2020, 11:42:06 AM »

Oh, and people like you pretending criticizing an inept response to a natural disaster is blaming them for the disaster itself.


It was JOE BIDEN who ...
It was YOU likened pointing out Trump's ineptitude and outright lies in handling the crisis to (the mythical) blaming Bush for a hurricane. Own your idiocy.
Logged
You and I aren't heroes. This world doesn't make any heroes, outside of your stories

josh

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 9883
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #51014 on: September 22, 2020, 11:49:13 AM »

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/new-us-covid-19-cases-rise-17percent-in-past-week-deaths-up-5percent/ar-BB19gLLu?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000


New U.S. COVID-19 cases rise 17% in past week, deaths up 5% [/b]

(Reuters) - The weekly number of new COVID-19 cases in the United States rose last week for the first time after falling for eight straight weeks, an increase that health experts attributed to schools reopening and parties over the Labor Day holiday.


#####

bambu is a simple man.
Simple solution...close the schools and ban parties.

17%...is better than the UK's doubling of new cases every 7 days. France is exploding with new cases too.
 




 


 



How much is hospitalization rising?

Not sure...but massive rises in daily cases is potential for more deaths and permanent disabilities.

Oh, surely not permanent disabilities! President Trump tells us that only 1% are impacted and the other 99% are fine!

And he gives himself an A+ in his handling of COVID-19, so how could he have missed  permanent disabilities?!

Shades of, "how could Bush let all those people die in the hurricane?"

No, asshole.

Not even a good try.

More like, "How could Bush have let all those people suffer after the hurricane, while praising Mike Brown for his work?" only more than 100 times worse.

But keep trying to minimize the atrocity of what Trump has done, Kid. It really endears you to the folks here who give a damn about other people's lives.

And I felt this way about Trump, his handling of the pandemic, and your cavalier attitude about it before my sister and her kid tested positive.
Logged
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 3399 3400 [3401] 3402 3403 ... 3596