Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3408 3409 [3410] 3411 3412 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583825 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #51135 on: September 23, 2020, 05:57:05 PM »

McSally battling

I love how you pick ONE poll that says what you want it to say, while imploring us to "look at the trend" part of the time.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/az/arizona_trump_vs_biden-6807.html
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51136 on: September 23, 2020, 06:03:20 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #51137 on: September 23, 2020, 06:28:00 PM »

Tom Cruise is getting to go to outer space, Elon Musk and Space X are sending Tom to the International Space Station. If you succeed in the entertainment industry then the whole world is yours, Tom gets money, fame, hot women, he eats at all of the best restaurants, he is invited to all of the best parties and events, the whole world belongs to Tom Cruise, he is living a great life, if you succeed as an actor then you get the best of everything.

I at least had to try to be an actor, if I would have succeeded then I could be living in Malibu with a rich hot wife, with all of the best of everything, with a home and winery in Italy, and whatever else I want. Success is great, it is worth the hard work and sacrifice if you make it. I had to try. I put everything I had into it.

But I still have my movie script and my poetry book that maybe I can make money on, and then I can invest in a night club in Rome and a vineyard, etc. I still might be able to make some money and enjoy the rest of my life. And I have ideas for a couple of television shows that maybe I can sell, or produce, we will see. And I can produce movies, etc. We will see what happens.

And I knew when I started studying and training that the entertainment industry was a hard industry and that I might not succeed, or that it might take 20 years to become an over-night success.

Tom Cruise just has that special gift, and you either have it or you don't, and if you have that gift then the whole world is yours.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #51138 on: September 23, 2020, 06:30:25 PM »

US riot cities should invest in water cannons. They're very effective...set the temp to 'super- chill' and watch the mood of the protesters/rioters dampen.
There's something about being hosed along the streets and into gutters they don't like.

Maybe that cash should be invested in the citizenry...

When, and only when, they've stop rioting and destroying the places....it's a good idea.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #51139 on: September 23, 2020, 06:43:48 PM »

US riot cities should invest in water cannons. They're very effective...

Latin American dictatorships were very fond of water cannons.

Safer than tear gas.
Just water and hoses really.
And they help to put out fires.... and stop others being started.
The rioting could've been stopped months ago with water cannons...which might lead some people to believe that some officials across the country are happy with all the riotous protesting.

Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #51140 on: September 23, 2020, 06:48:39 PM »

"Woman hits herself to 'frame husband for domestic violence' '" - A Current Affair (current affairs program on my tv).

Yes, one of the chances a man takes when he gets married or enters a relationship with a woman.
Go woke, go broke.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #51141 on: September 23, 2020, 07:00:34 PM »

US riot cities should invest in water cannons. They're very effective...set the temp to 'super- chill' and watch the mood of the protesters/rioters dampen.
There's something about being hosed along the streets and into gutters they don't like.

When, and only when, they've stop rioting and destroying the places....it's a good idea.

Ever wonder why people are protesting?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #51142 on: September 23, 2020, 07:11:45 PM »

Trump's pc and his answer about mail-in ballots and his refusal to commit to a peaceful transfer of power, should scare the shit out of every American who gives a shit about our democracy.

Trump: "Get rid of the ballots, we'll have a very peaceful transfer. There won't be a transfer, frankly, we'll have a continuation."

This cancer which is determined to destroy everything that democratic loving people hold as important, must be eradicated.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 07:14:48 PM by bankshot1 »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #51143 on: September 23, 2020, 07:13:35 PM »

Tom Cruise is getting to go to outer space, Elon Musk and Space X are sending Tom to the International Space Station. If you succeed in the entertainment industry then the whole world is yours, Tom gets money, fame, hot women, he eats at all of the best restaurants, he is invited to all of the best parties and events, the whole world belongs to Tom Cruise, he is living a great life, if you succeed as an actor then you get the best of everything.

I at least had to try to be an actor, if I would have succeeded then I could be living in Malibu with a rich hot wife, with all of the best of everything, with a home and winery in Italy, and whatever else I want. Success is great, it is worth the hard work and sacrifice if you make it. I had to try. I put everything I had into it.

But I still have my movie script and my poetry book that maybe I can make money on, and then I can invest in a night club in Rome and a vineyard, etc. I still might be able to make some money and enjoy the rest of my life. And I have ideas for a couple of television shows that maybe I can sell, or produce, we will see. And I can produce movies, etc. We will see what happens.

And I knew when I started studying and training that the entertainment industry was a hard industry and that I might not succeed, or that it might take 20 years to become an over-night success.

Tom Cruise just has that special gift, and you either have it or you don't, and if you have that gift then the whole world is yours.

Salute,

Tony V.

Me, myself, I, wouldn't give thank you for a trip to the International Space Station...free or not.
Couldn't imagine anything worse.
Toilet?
Bathroom?
Food?
Tom will probably like it, he likes all that adventure stuff.

--------------

Malibu, ...rich, hot, wife?
Best of everything?
Sounds good....what I see and read about it is not all perfect.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #51144 on: September 23, 2020, 07:15:43 PM »

Ever wonder why people are protesting?

Not anymore...it's all been explained in this forum and elsewhere.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #51145 on: September 23, 2020, 07:32:20 PM »

Here is a story that presents a microcosm of the problems with racial animus and violence in this country.   My wife referred to this story as "the dog poop execution." 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/hetle-prather-springfield-killing/2020/09/22/e377c568-62e6-11ea-b3fc-7841686c5c57_story.html

Never go outside.
Never blast your car horn in anger.
Never get out of the car.
Never go over to you neighbour's place and complain about anything.
You'll be a victim, but you'll be alive.

Never shoot anyone unless you see a weapon and can justify self defence in a court of law.
Go woke, go broke.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #51146 on: September 23, 2020, 08:06:39 PM »

Trump's pc and his answer about mail-in ballots and his refusal to commit to a peaceful transfer of power, should scare the shit out of every American who gives a shit about our democracy.

Trump: "Get rid of the ballots, we'll have a very peaceful transfer. There won't be a transfer, frankly, we'll have a continuation."

This cancer which is determined to destroy everything that democratic loving people hold as important, must be eradicated.

Achtung, baby!

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51147 on: September 23, 2020, 08:39:19 PM »

Achtung, baby!

Trump has forfeited all protections, stepping this far outside the law.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51148 on: September 23, 2020, 08:47:24 PM »

http://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/09/23/trump-america-authoritarianism-420681

In 1950, taking McCarthyism head on while others demurred, Republican Senator Margaret Chase Smith delivered a more pointed articulation of these principles in her “Declaration of Conscience.” She said: “It is high time that we stopped thinking politically as Republicans and Democrats about elections and started thinking patriotically as Americans about national security based on individual freedoms. It is high time that we all stopped being tools and victims of totalitarian techniques that, if continued here unchecked, will surely end what we have come to cherish as the American way of life.”
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #51149 on: September 23, 2020, 08:49:42 PM »

Achtung, baby!

Jawohl.

The fascist motherfucker can't make his contempt for democracy any clearer. If he thought he could win the election, he wouldn't touch the subject of mass voter suppression, his desire to maintain power no matter the cost, or his naked lust to pack the Supreme Court with enough co-conspirators to countenance his rape of the US.

We were only following orders!
Pages: 1 ... 3408 3409 [3410] 3411 3412 ... 4288