Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3453 3454 [3455] 3456 3457 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1997145 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #51810 on: October 01, 2020, 02:32:46 PM »

270towin: Biden up 8.7 based on polls announced Tuesday and Wednesday

Source   Date   Sample   Biden   Trump   Other
Poll Averages*   51.1%   42.4%   -
   CNBC/Change Research   10/01/2020   925 LV ±3.2%   54%   41%   5%
   Ipsos/Reuters   9/30/2020   864 LV ±3.8%   51%   42%   7%
   Economist/YouGov   9/30/2020   1,350 LV ±3.8%   50%   42%   8%
   Rasmussen Reports   9/30/2020   3,000 LV ±2%   51%   43%   6%
   Redfield & Wilton   9/29/2020   2,445 LV ±1.8%   50%   40%   10%
   RMG Research   9/29/2020   752 LV   51%   45%   4%
   Morning Consult   9/29/2020   12,965 LV ±1%   51%   44%   5%
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #51811 on: October 01, 2020, 02:42:14 PM »

I like Needs posting transcript excerpts

Dems want you to feel that Trump was INTERRUPTING, that he was BLUSTERY, a LOUDMOUTH, IMPOLITE

You dont get that from transcript

When looking at just the words, the issues are there - mostly in Trump's favor.

LOL.  Yeah, that's the rational take-away from Tuesday.  Trump with the superior command of the issues.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #51812 on: October 01, 2020, 02:42:47 PM »

I am fine with how Trump handled that exchange.

I am removing any credit given to you earlier.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #51813 on: October 01, 2020, 02:48:14 PM »

You know Proud Boys aren't just white, right?

Proud boys are not exclusively White Supremecist, no.  As I understand it they are also anti-Semitic.

Biden took the opportunity within a question that didn't ask him to do so specifically to condemn violence committed against law enforcement at protests.

Trump was asked specifically to condemn White Supremacist violence and he didn't.  And since making a statement that sounded like a call to be ready to take up arms, and has since proven to be taken that way, Trump has made no attempt to clarify that he was not encouraging White Supremacist Violence.

Yeah, we know you are fine with how Trump handled that exchange kiidcarter8.  None of us are surprised, as we've always known that all of it forms the very basis of your undying support of the man. 

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #51814 on: October 01, 2020, 02:52:13 PM »

All not even getting into Trump exhorting his followers to go to polling places and intimidate voters.

All not even getting into the 100% lies he told about the sanctity of our voting process, only because he knows he is going to lose the vote.

All not even getting into his continuing to downplay a virus that has killed 200,000 Americans and is spreading.

Trump, man.  Really has a handle on those issues.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51815 on: October 01, 2020, 03:02:16 PM »

I find it more than hypocritical that the folks at CNN, and MSNBC are condemning the style of the debate  on Tuesday.

CNN hosts Dana Bash and Jake Tapper called it a "shitshow" and "hot mess inside a dumpster fire inside a train wreck".

George Stephanopolous:  "I have to speak personally here...that was the worst presidential debate I have ever seen in my life."

“What a dark event we have just witnessed.”---Brian Williams

This was a disaster and it was a firebombing of our democracy.”---Mika Brzezinski

After all, they build their brands by using that exact same formula, putting opposing sides together and encouraging them to shout, scream, slur, and interrupt each other, instead of committing to the kind of thoughtful and respectful discourse that we should be able to expect on issues of the day.

But FOX was thrilled by the spectacle of mean-spiritedness, the debasing of the process.

"Trump is an apex predator, he's the Lion King," Fox News contributor and right-wing media personality Dan Bongino declared. "Trump went out there tonight and did what Trump does. He's the shark in the ocean and he acted like it."

Perhaps he meant "Lyin' King"?  Clearly and likely for most Americans, this era of unrestrained angry discourse has now jumped the shark. But at Fox, the sentiment for Trump style discourse is strong. After all, who needs ideas, or a plan, or to outline what one will do over the next 4 years, as long as you can go out there and hector, berate, and repeat the big lies?

And if you don't think that it's about ramping up lies, berating, belittling and making demeaning comments then just watch this segment:

https://publish.twitter.com/?query=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FNikkiMcR%2Fstatus%2F1311417845335625728&widget=Tweet

Why do these networks do this? For ratings. Ratings = $$$

We don't have a country that is committed to democratic processes which lend themselves to thoughtful discourse. We have one committed primarily to one thing only. Dollars.

Forget ""We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity..."

All you need to know about the USA is:
"We have met the enemy and he is us", and, "In God we trust. All others pay cash."

The networks are reaping what they themselves have sown.

America is all the worse for it.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #51816 on: October 01, 2020, 03:03:38 PM »

I like Needs posting transcript excerpts

Dems want you to feel that Trump was INTERRUPTING, that he was BLUSTERY, a LOUDMOUTH, IMPOLITE

You dont get that from transcript

When looking at just the words, the issues are there - mostly in Trump's favor.

Knowing how you like numbers....

Between Trump and Biden there were a total of 90 interruptions of each other or the moderator.

Trump had 73 of the interruptions, for an interruption rate of  81%.

That's an 8 to 2 ratio, kid.

Trump's Rate of Rudeness is the greatest of all time!!!

hmm

I had heard the opposite

In what bar?

No bars since COVID

Hopefully all of you have followed this.

Then what is your excuse for "the opposite"? Facts are facts. Who's lying to you, kid? Greg Gutfield?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #51817 on: October 01, 2020, 03:17:31 PM »

I am fine with how Trump handled that exchange.

Wallace: [Addressing Trump] …You have repeatedly criticized the vice president [Biden] for not calling out Antifa and other left-wing extremist groups —
Trump: That’s right
Wallace: — but are you willing, tonight, to condemn white supremacist and militia groups —
Trump: Sure
Wallace: — and to say that they need to stand down and not add to the violence in a number of these cities, as we saw in Kenosha, and as we’ve seen in Portland?
Trump: Sure, I’m willing to do that but —
Wallace: — Are you prepared to specifically —
Biden: Well do it
Wallace: Go ahead then.
Trump: — I would say, I would say almost everything I see is from the left wing, not from the right wing —
Wallace: So what do you, what are you saying?
Trump: I’m willing to do anything, I want to see peace —
Wallace: Then do it, Sir —
Biden: Say it. Do it. Say it.
Trump: Do you want to call them, what do you want to call them? Give me name, give me a name, go ahead —
Wallace: White supremacists and right-wing —
Trump: Who do you want me to condemn? Who?
Biden: The Proud Boys
Wallace: White supremacists and right-wing militias
Trump: The Proud Boys? Stand back and stand by, but I’ll tell you what, I’ll tell you what, somebody’s got to do something about Antifa and the Left…

So, please point out where the Trump condemnation of white supremacy was? Please explain why when asked " are you willing, tonight, to condemn white supremacist and militia groups?" he needed to ask, "Who do you want me to condemn? Who?"

Don't you think that question should've been the easiest one for him to answer all evening?

Question, "Are you willing, tonight, to condemn white supremacist and militia groups?"

Answer, "Any and all of them. Doesn't matter who they are. We cannot embrace any such group that supports advancing one group over another on the basis of race."

And that's even a good political answer. It's ambiguous enough for his base to conclude that BLM is racist, which pleases the base. It's clear enough to defend against the opposition who might press him, as all he'd have to say is that question has already been asked and answered. But that's not what he did.

So, quit pretending else wise. Unless, what you're saying is that you're fine with him refusing to condemn white supremacy. Then we'll note that in your file, kid.

barton

« Reply #51818 on: October 01, 2020, 03:25:38 PM »

You (Kid Carter) keep ducking questions.  Yes or no, was Trump wrong not to condemn Proud Boys and similar extremist white supremacist groups in America?

Wow,  you are confused.   Are you thinking of Oath Keepers,  perhaps (which does have some black and Hispanic members)??

PB is listed as an extremist white nationalist organization by the FBI,  other law enforcement organizations, the SPLC,  and other organizations that track extremist groups.   

barton

« Reply #51819 on: October 01, 2020, 03:35:08 PM »

Oath Keepers,  btw,  is worth keeping an eye on.  Libertarian far right,  with many members in law enforcement and the military.   The Atlantic just ran an excellent feature on them....

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/11/right-wing-militias-civil-war/616473/

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #51820 on: October 01, 2020, 04:25:58 PM »

You (Kid Carter) keep ducking questions.  Yes or no, was Trump wrong not to condemn Proud Boys and similar extremist white supremacist groups in America?

Wow,  you are confused.   Are you thinking of Oath Keepers,  perhaps (which does have some black and Hispanic members)??

PB is listed as an extremist white nationalist organization by the FBI,  other law enforcement organizations, the SPLC,  and other organizations that track extremist groups.

From Snopes: "The Anti-Defamation League describes the group as follows:

Easily recognizable, thanks to their black and yellow Fred Perry polo shirts and red Make America Great Again baseball caps, members are regulars at far-right demonstrations and Trump rallies. After several years of forging alliances with members of the Republican political establishment, the Proud Boys have carved out a niche for themselves as both a right-wing fight club and a volunteer security force for the GOP.

Despite their associations with mainstream politicians, Proud Boys’ actions and statements repeatedly land them in the company of white supremacists and right-wing extremists. Jason Kessler, the primary organizer of the deadly 2017 Unite the Right Rally in Charlottesville, is a former Proud Boy. Several members attended the violent August 12, 2017 demonstration that ended in the death of counter-protestor Heather Heyer."

Also from Snopes: Trump’s “Stand back” could appropriately be interpreted as an instruction to temporarily desist from activities, while “stand by” suggests an instruction to get prepared to take action. That’s how at least some prominent Proud Boys received and interpreted the latter instruction. As The New York Times’ Mike Baker documented, several Proud Boys expressed delight at Trump’s remarks on the social networking site Parler, with one writing “President Trump told the Proud Boys to stand by because someone needs to deal with Antifa…Well Sir! We’re ready!” Another wrote, “Standing by, Sir.”

Time for you, kid, to stand up for what you know is right, and not what is right-wing.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #51821 on: October 01, 2020, 04:43:40 PM »

The Rough-And-Tumble History Of The Iconic Fred Perry Polo, And Why The Proud Boys Adopted It

The Proud Boys seem quite joyful about their passing, if weirdly coded and freighted, presidential shout-out in the first televised slugfest between the incumbent and his challenger on September 29th. As mentions by any sitting president would do, no matter the circumstance, it seemed to buttress them. Ironically, the day before this unexpected boost on the very hottest of national stages, the British sportswear/fashion brand Fred Perry issued a no-doubt press-release declaring that it was removing the now-iconic Proud Boys uniform, what's called the "twin-tipped" (aka, double-striped), polo in black with yellow stripes from the market in the U.S. and Canada, as a result of the Proud Boys' wholesale love for the item — stoked for several years by Proud Boys founder and Vice magazine founder Gavin McInnes....

...As we will continue to notice in the intensifying coverage devoted to them, the Proud Boys have taken the Perry laurel-leaf Wimbledon logo and scaled it massively up to become their battle flag, printed on t-shirts, trucker hats, bandanas and the like. In the preferred McInnes colorways, intensely black but with the bright gold accents conferring a sort of faux-epaulet rank, the shirt lends the Proud Boys the air of a slightly preppier, arguably better-groomed or at least more-recently-showered biker gang who could, if pressed, pause the headbanging, key into their boyhood muscle memory and engage in a few sets of passable tennis.

Their cargo-cult appropriation of the logo isn't sitting well with the Fred Perry brand managers. As part of their announcement of pulling the shirts from the US and Canadian market on September 29, they announced that they are going to be suing as and when they can for trademark violations.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/guymartin/2020/09/30/political-fashion-explainer-the-history-of-the-iconic-fred-perry-polo-and-why-the-proud-boys-adopted-it/#2d49bbf5441d

Certainly going after them for trademark infringement can hit the pocketbooks of these bigots. 

Notice, too, that they are not the Proud Men.

Men don't act like boys, and these "boys" would fit in well with another Brit, William Golding and his "Lord of the Flies".

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #51822 on: October 01, 2020, 05:06:44 PM »

In which it is explained how the GOP plans to steal the election, and what you can possibly do to prevent them:

https://www.npr.org/2020/10/01/919023364/trump-will-not-accept-any-result-that-is-not-a-victory-atlantic-writer-says

« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 05:11:18 PM by UNO »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51823 on: October 01, 2020, 05:11:01 PM »

One of their current leaders says he is "Afro-Cuban."
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 05:29:39 PM by josh »
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #51824 on: October 01, 2020, 05:14:29 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3453 3454 [3455] 3456 3457 ... 4288