Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3450 3451 [3452] 3453 3454 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1997107 times)

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #51765 on: October 01, 2020, 09:40:52 AM »

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/presidential-debates-rules-changes-cutting-microphones/

Here is the simple truth on this; Trump has no command of the issues.  Zero.  He probably knows less about policy and how things work now, as "president" than he did in 2016 when he at least did some work trying to get the job.

So his only option is to try to bluster his way through, and try to bully Biden into a stuttering episode his campaign can play and replay to try to argue that Biden is unfit.  That's it.  That's all he has.

So Trump is either not going to agree to the rule changes (I really, really doubt he agrees to this, and is probably welcoming the chance to point to the rule changes as evidence of bias so that he can back out of further debates) or he is going interrupt off mic and bluster and insult when he is on it.  Ultimately the format or the rules don't matter, and weren't the problem Tuesday night.  This is who Trump is.

And hard to see how this is going to work in the "town hall" format anyway.  I'm sure we will all tune in to find out.

Also will be interesting to see how the Administration's lack of any actual policies will play out in the VP debate, as Pence doesn't have the same option.  My guess is he will just make up a bunch of stuff to make it seem like the Administration is actually competent and functioning.  He has good practice with that after "heading" the Coronavirus Task Force.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #51766 on: October 01, 2020, 09:55:28 AM »

Banks was saying something about craven GOP Senators will be all pretending they didn't hear Trump's comment on "stand by" -- how about pretending it was just a verbal glitch...

From WaPo morning report....

Sen. Tim Scott (S.C.), the only Black Republican in the Senate, said Wednesday that Trump should “correct” his comments in response to a debate question about whether he would condemn self-described white supremacists.

Scott spoke to reporters on Capitol Hill a day after Trump, in response to a question from debate moderator Chris Wallace, refused to condemn self-proclaimed white supremacists.

Asked whether he found Trump’s comments concerning, Scott said, “I think he misspoke in response to Chris Wallace’s comment. He was asking Chris what he wanted to say. I think he misspoke. I think he should correct it.”

"Correct it."  bwahahahahaha!

Here is the thing that always gets me about this; they want to argue that Trump doesn't actually welcome White Supremacists, its just the imprecision of his language.  You know, he has this blustery way of talking that sometimes makes it hard to hear his point.  He's a New Yorker!

But here is why this is bullshit; they can see the responses to what Trump said.  There have now been numerous stories over the last 36 hours or so about how White Supremacists see Trump's words as a call to arms.  Same thing happened after Charlottesville.  The reaction to what Trump said couldn't be clearer. 

You want to claim it was unintentional?  Fine.  All the more reason for Trump to speak clearly and denounce White Supremacy.  Get on camera, read it from a teleprompter, doesn't matter if his heart isn't in it.  Just read the fucking thing.  "I denounce White Supremacy and Racism in all its forms, and reject any attempts they might make to physically intimidate or do harm in the name of my reelection."  if it was a verbal gaffe, a mistake, then correct it.  And if he can't do something as simple as that then he is unfit to be President of the United States.   It really is as simple as that.

Its the same exact thing with Russia's support.  He wants to say he isn't colluding with them?  Then reject their help!  Say publicly and clearly that they will not benefit in any way from their interference in the 2020 election.  But he won't do that!

Rick Santorum said Tuesday night that it is unfair to ask the "president" to renounce his supporters because it is something he really doesn't like to do.  Couldn't have been a more telling moment.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #51767 on: October 01, 2020, 09:58:10 AM »

Compton cop shoot case -

Suspect apprehended.

So, what do you suppose happens if instead of the ambush being successful one of the cops in the parked police vehicle sees the suspect in time and fires upon him, taking his life.

DiAnte Murray.  What ties does he have?  What was his motive, his reasoning?  One can hope this was just a case of mental derangement.  But was he motivated by anything in particular to take cops' lives?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #51768 on: October 01, 2020, 10:03:36 AM »

Compton cop shoot case -

Suspect apprehended.

So, what do you suppose happens if instead of the ambush being successful one of the cops in the parked police vehicle sees the suspect in time and fires upon him, taking his life.

DiAnte Murray.  What ties does he have?  What was his motive, his reasoning?  One can hope this was just a case of mental derangement.  But was he motivated by anything in particular to take cops' lives?

Hi kiidcarter8!  Catch any of the debate?

Because if you had then you would know that, whatever the circumstances and motivations of the incident you highlight above, Biden took the time Tuesday night to look directly into the camera and denounce violence toward law enforcement.

Pretty stark contrast with Trump's turning an opportunity to denounce White Supremacist violence into a call for them to take up arms, no?

kidcarter8

• View Profile

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #51770 on: October 01, 2020, 10:12:40 AM »

Joe Biden on Tuesday released his 2019 tax returns, which show he and his wife, Jill, paid nearly $300,000 in federal income tax last year and had an adjusted gross income of about $985,000.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/29/politics/joe-biden-tax-returns/index.html

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #51771 on: October 01, 2020, 10:16:04 AM »

"Vice President Biden, do you denounce the violence of factions within the AntiFa movement?"

Surely this question was in Chris Wallace's notes.  Right?

Right?

Play Biden for a moment.  What is your answer?

Would it be different if worded just as, "Do you denounce the AntiFa movement"?

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #51772 on: October 01, 2020, 10:17:23 AM »

Joe Biden on Tuesday released his 2019 tax returns, which show he and his wife, Jill, paid nearly $300,000 in federal income tax last year and had an adjusted gross income of about $985,000.

The Bidens took advantage of tax code to save more than 500k since 2016.

Misrepresented labor as a businessa
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 10:19:52 AM by kidcarter8 »

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #51773 on: October 01, 2020, 10:22:04 AM »

The Bidens took advantage of tax code to save more than 500k since 2016.

Misrepresented labor as a businessa

kiidcarter8 doesn't know what a payroll tax is if he thinks speaking fees should be described as payroll, and is led by the nose by people misrepresenting it to him.

Too busy today to explain it to him, and it would be pointless anyway.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #51774 on: October 01, 2020, 10:25:58 AM »

I don't need to "play Biden."  Here was what he said during the debate as you evidently didn't watch it:

JOE BIDEN: We're going to work this out. So we changed the way in which we have more transparency, in when these things happen. These cops aren't happy to see what happened to George Floyd. These cops aren't happy to see what happened to Breonna Taylor. Most don't like it, but we have to have a system where people are held accountable when… And by the way, violence in response is never appropriate, never appropriate. Peaceful protest is, violence is never appropriate.

CHRIS WALLACE: All right, Mr.-

DONALD TRUMP: What is peaceful protest? When they run through the middle of the town-

CHRIS WALLACE: President Trump-

DONALD TRUMP: … and burn down your stores and kill people all over the place- [crosstalk].

JOE BIDEN: That is not peaceful protest.

DONALD TRUMP: No it's not, but you say it is.

barton

« Reply #51775 on: October 01, 2020, 10:28:28 AM »

And hard to see how this is going to work in the "town hall" format anyway.  I'm sure we will all tune in to find out.

We won't.  I will read the a. m.  post mortems,  yes,  but feel no need to watch.   Trump showed us who he is,  as he has been doing for many years.   And Joe has never been good at candidate debates,  I already knew that,  and it doesn't matter to me.   What matters is that he's a people person and knows how to bring people together, and how to assemble talent and expertise.   

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #51776 on: October 01, 2020, 10:29:43 AM »

I don't need to "play Biden."  Here was what he said during the debate as you evidently didn't watch it:

JOE BIDEN: We're going to work this out. So we changed the way in which we have more transparency, in when these things happen. These cops aren't happy to see what happened to George Floyd. These cops aren't happy to see what happened to Breonna Taylor. Most don't like it, but we have to have a system where people are held accountable when… And by the way, violence in response is never appropriate, never appropriate. Peaceful protest is, violence is never appropriate.

CHRIS WALLACE: All right, Mr.-

DONALD TRUMP: What is peaceful protest? When they run through the middle of the town-

CHRIS WALLACE: President Trump-

DONALD TRUMP: … and burn down your stores and kill people all over the place- [crosstalk].

JOE BIDEN: That is not peaceful protest.

DONALD TRUMP: No it's not, but you say it is.

And in contrast:

The Department of Homeland Security directed federal officials to make public comments sympathetic to Kyle Rittenhouse, the teenager charged with fatally shooting two protesters in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

https://www.msnbc.com/way-too-early/watch/breaking-down-dhs-talking-points-that-were-sympathetic-to-kyle-rittenhouse-92925509713

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #51777 on: October 01, 2020, 10:30:43 AM »

We won't.  I will read the a. m.  post mortems,  yes,  but feel no need to watch.   Trump showed us who he is,  as he has been doing for many years.   And Joe has never been good at candidate debates,  I already knew that,  and it doesn't matter to me.   What matters is that he's a people person and knows how to bring people together, and how to assemble talent and expertise.

barton

« Reply #51778 on: October 01, 2020, 10:32:05 AM »

You want to claim it was unintentional?  Fine.  All the more reason for Trump to speak clearly and denounce White Supremacy.  Get on camera, read it from a teleprompter, doesn't matter if his heart isn't in it.  Just read the fucking thing.  "I denounce White Supremacy and Racism in all its forms, and reject any attempts they might make to physically intimidate or do harm in the name of my reelection."  if it was a verbal gaffe, a mistake, then correct it.  And if he can't do something as simple as that then he is unfit to be President of the United States.   It really is as simple as that.

Maya Angelou, again.   When someone shows you who they are...

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #51779 on: October 01, 2020, 11:13:02 AM »

I like Needs posting transcript excerpts

Dems want you to feel that Trump was INTERRUPTING, that he was BLUSTERY, a LOUDMOUTH, IMPOLITE

You dont get that from transcript

When looking at just the words, the issues are there - mostly in Trump's favor.
Pages: 1 ... 3450 3451 [3452] 3453 3454 ... 4288