Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3474 3475 [3476] 3477 3478 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1995428 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #52125 on: October 03, 2020, 06:39:44 PM »

You are right Barton. Members from both sides have zoomed into judicial hearings and votes.

We’ll have to jam their signals and cut their land lines, a small price to pay to maintain justice in this country.

So, you're advocating domestic terrorism.

Not cool, dude.

By helping Louis DeJoy get in position to ratfuck the post office, these guys have affirmatively waived any right to clear, timely, and effective communication.

Like trump they are sick, sick men.

On top of that, they have Covid.

Nice joke, and not bad, however, you are still advocating domestic terrorism. Is that your preferred solution to what appears to be a systemic problem?

When it is well confirmed one party is continuing to abet a foreign attack, and they’ve been laying siege on behalf of the invaders for a number of years, I listen to a guy like McMaster and wonder how the Sneakers and Hackers crowds would approach a situation like Red Dawn.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #52127 on: October 03, 2020, 06:42:50 PM »

You are right Barton. Members from both sides have zoomed into judicial hearings and votes.

We’ll have to jam their signals and cut their land lines, a small price to pay to maintain justice in this country.

So, you're advocating domestic terrorism.

Not cool, dude.

By helping Louis DeJoy get in position to ratfuck the post office, these guys have affirmatively waived any right to clear, timely, and effective communication.

Like trump they are sick, sick men.

On top of that, they have Covid.

Nice joke, and not bad, however, you are still advocating domestic terrorism. Is that your preferred solution to what appears to be a systemic problem?

When it is well confirmed one party is continuing to abet a foreign attack, and they’ve been laying siege on behalf of the invaders for a number of years, I listen to a guy like McMaster and wonder how the Sneakers and Hackers crowds would approach a situation like Red Dawn.

Wondering is fine. But perhaps you could just answer the question.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #52128 on: October 03, 2020, 06:47:08 PM »

Second wave is coming. Or is it here?

Friday's nationwide case count was the highest daily total in nearly two months.

There were 54,441 positive cases of the coronavirus reported on Friday, the highest single-day case count since Aug.14, when the country recorded just over 64,000 cases, per Johns Hopkins University data.

The country's daily cases peaked on July 16, when 77,362 positive tests were reported.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/10/03/united-states-reports-highest-covid-cases-august/3610298001/

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #52130 on: October 03, 2020, 06:51:34 PM »

YOU'll be seeing this picture a lot the next few weeks. It's going, uh, viral!! Sorry about the size of it. Had to squeeze Chris Christie in on the right side of the picture.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 06:53:19 PM by UNO »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #52131 on: October 03, 2020, 06:52:42 PM »

If Amy Coney Barrett does not have a full in person confirmation hearing, she can’t be validly confirmed. Even if she’s illegally seated without such a hearing, she’ll be Swiftly removed and the open seat will be filled by the next president. Any court decisions that include her will be invalid without a full in person confirmation hearing.

Senate committees have been having hearings using remote technology.  Is there actually any legal requirement for in person hearings for ACB?  I confess I am short of solid facts on this topic, and am just asking.  What I do know is that if two members of the SJC, both repubes, are absent and too ill to participate in any form, then that would considerably delay the SJC vote on advancing the nominee to the full Senate.  If they simply did not vote, their absence would mean a possible tie on advancement.  Which would mean more waiting.
If the Senate GOP does not have the in- person votes to confirm Barrett there would not be a vote until it does.

The master of the obvious has spoken.

MM has to thread the sutures very carefully, and jam this vote through before Trump is ruled too sick or too incapcitated to remain in power.

Im pretty sure Pence would sign off on Amy of the weird right wing, unless they both go it’s really a Senate issue.

I wondered about Pence in that role, taking over for an incapacitated, but still alive Trump, and whether this nomination would be in limbo.

I'd say its a gray area, but we all know its more Red-Blue.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #52132 on: October 03, 2020, 06:56:12 PM »

Update on the confused signals from the WH and Trump's doc, and Chris Christie is now hospitalized.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/10/03/trump-covid-updates-president-gets-remdesivir-walter-reed-hospital/3592595001/

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52133 on: October 03, 2020, 07:00:29 PM »

Potentially trespassing and damage to property, if they have and use land lines.

You are using the word terrorism like you are trying to ram an oil pipeline through fragile sacred land.

We have returned to the era of the politics of poll watchers and white ethnostate armed parades. For a faction that chokes the vote with one hand while wrenching open the spigot on pollution with the other, their power in any form sows disorder and ruin and costs lives.

My soul may be burnt, but as a match sputtering out, I’d be glad to see the whole republican house crashing down in ashes around me so that the United States may live and grow and heal.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #52134 on: October 03, 2020, 07:09:18 PM »

Out on the MAGA world fringes, people were divided. Some swiftly predicted rosy outcomes — the president was already healthy, he could take hydroxychloroquine, a much-hyped drug Trump has touted as a Covid-19 treatment with no conclusive evidence. Others concocted theories that the Democrats were, somehow, trying to steal the election once again.

Meanwhile, the president was unusually silent. After his post-midnight tweet announcing he had the virus, Trump went silent until nearly 7 p.m., leaving his fervent online fan base without guidance on his preferred narrative.

Yet the base’s response mirrors the way Trump has instructed his followers to react to any pandemic-related news: downplay, craft optimistic storylines and accuse the Democrats and media of obfuscation and vitriol. It’s how the president has reacted to nearly every unwelcome pandemic-related development in recent months, whether it was early concerns over personal protective equipment and hospital space, or a death toll that recently surpassed 200,000.

“I think right now, a lot of Trump supporters are just stunned and they're not getting much direction from the president right now,” said Lee Stranahan, a former White House reporter for the right-leaning Breitbart News and a radio host on the Russian-funded Sputnik News.

Trump made his first brief statement before heading to the hospital Friday night. Appearing in a brief video, Trump thanked his supporters and said, “I think I’m doing very well” and that he was going to the hospital “to make sure things work out.”

Across the MAGA internet, Trump’s followers insisted the president’s deeply cultivated image of toughness, tirelessness and robust health would lead to his inevitable triumph over the virus.

“He works 20 hours a day. I think he’ll be tough,” said Mike Lindell, CEO of MyPillow and a Trump surrogate flirting with the Minnesota governorship, in an interview. “He's a fighter. It'll be tough to keep him down.”

The less-inhibited MAGA crowd put it in blunter terms.

“You’ve never seen him sick. You’ve never seen him without energy,” Brenden Dilley, a self-described “MAGA life coach,” told his viewers on his radio show Friday. “[He’s] not walking around with weak-ass, p---- f------ genetics. He ain’t got those liberal genes. These are, like, god-tier genetics; top 1-percentile genetics.”

What "percentile genetics" do you think Mr. Dilley has? If Trump has "top 1-percentile genetics"? If Trump had 10-percentile score on a genetics scale, he'd only be better than 10% of all people scored on that scale. So, a 1 percentile score means, essentially, his genetics are better than 1% of all scored.

Not really the sign of someone "with weak-ass, p---- f------ genetics". Not very "god-tier", either.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/02/maga-world-blame-adulation-trump-covid-425624

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #52135 on: October 03, 2020, 07:10:52 PM »

Potentially trespassing and damage to property, if they have and use land lines.

You are using the word terrorism like you are trying to ram an oil pipeline through fragile sacred land.

We have returned to the era of the politics of poll watchers and white ethnostate armed parades. For a faction that chokes the vote with one hand while wrenching open the spigot on pollution with the other, their power in any form sows disorder and ruin and costs lives.

My soul may be burnt, but as a match sputtering out, I’d be glad to see the whole republican house crashing down in ashes around me so that the United States may live and grow and heal.

Eye for an eye, and that sort of thing. Got it.

Well, thanks for letting us know where you are on the political spectrum.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #52136 on: October 03, 2020, 07:29:37 PM »

Trump tweets about stimulus from hospital: 'Get it done'

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #52137 on: October 03, 2020, 07:30:53 PM »

Eye for an eye, and that sort of thing. Got it.

FAC = Unproud Boy

barton

« Reply #52138 on: October 03, 2020, 07:34:56 PM »

If jamming someone's wifi and cutting their landline is terrorism,  then terrorism must have really gone soft and retreated to its rocking chair.   You guys crack me up.   

Help!  There was a terrorist attack!   I'm missing Warrior Nun and I had to call my Mom on my cellphone!     

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #52139 on: October 03, 2020, 07:48:17 PM »

Trouble with Dems in NC

I have hurt my family, disappointed my friends, and am deeply sorry. The first step in repairing those relationships is taking complete responsibility, which I do. I ask that my family’s privacy be respected in this personal matter,” Cunningham said in a statement sent to The News & Observer.

“I remain grateful and humbled by the ongoing support that North Carolinians have extended in this campaign, and in the remaining weeks before this election I will continue to work to earn the opportunity to fight for the people of our state

https://news.yahoo.com/u-senate-candidate-cal-cunningham-032426604.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9zZWFyY2gueWFob28uY29tL3locy9zZWFyY2g_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&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAJ2hl0ICdnmp-ZYSjOP2_UoRdqoE6l5YcPRMvDHXDqbEtlGa3XNVY1GKqjle67OVUR_TXOSchNakS67f5Om1GmZ7mBBPvVJcOAW_NHaEHJFxKTikrdymKfyfFxK6_w7F_FhPZp2qFdh1AAyiahBqNAxoFR29DdsJsZ0_6x-_ag2g
Pages: 1 ... 3474 3475 [3476] 3477 3478 ... 4288