Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3508 3509 [3510] 3511 3512 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1996061 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #52635 on: October 07, 2020, 06:58:03 PM »

DOJ caught altering evidence in Flynn case:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/07/doj-altered-flynn-document-427280

But kiidcarter8 and Trump think we should all be talking about Hillary Clinton and Hunter Biden.

My favorite quote:

"I would remember it because it would be highly inappropriate if a president or vice president suggested prosecution or investigation of anyone. And it did not happen," Comey said.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #52636 on: October 07, 2020, 07:05:12 PM »

Trump promises free regeneron.

Cool.

I think "regeneron for every cough" works as a nice peace of political propaganda and harkens back to the simpler time of Herbert Hoover.

which seems appropriate.

oilcan

« Reply #52637 on: October 07, 2020, 07:14:01 PM »

Hoovering is how Trump has usually taken his drugs.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #52638 on: October 07, 2020, 07:47:09 PM »

Maybe Trump has seen the light, seen the error of his ways regarding cheap labour and is now acting.
He should be applauded.

Please don't try and tell me that cheap labour wasn't supported by Obama/Biden...one only has to look at CA...etc etc etc.
Open borders, sanctuary cities, etc.

Chum.

It's true though, you know they did it.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #52639 on: October 07, 2020, 07:51:19 PM »

I guess the idea of voting absentee and early is appealing.
Just wondering if the 400,000 who did so in North Carolina are having second thoughts.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52640 on: October 07, 2020, 07:55:01 PM »

Just wondering if the 400,000 who did so in North Carolina are having second thoughts.

Only because they wish they could vote against Trump if they didn't.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52641 on: October 07, 2020, 07:56:42 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/07/health/nejm-editorial-political-leadership-bn/index.html

New England Journal of Medicine calls for the removal of Trump, et al, in an unprecedented action.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #52642 on: October 07, 2020, 08:04:55 PM »

Just wondering did the 211,00 Americans rise from the dead

Just wondering if Trump trued up and paid his true federal tax liabilities

Just wondering if Putin stopped dancing his happy dance in the Kremlin

Just wondering if hell froze over

Just wondering if Red ever puts country first.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 08:06:52 PM by bankshot1 »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52643 on: October 07, 2020, 08:09:16 PM »

None of those things happened Banks, I’m sorry to say.

Steroids have turned trump into the love child of Kanye and Charlie Sheen, a horrific enough spectacle.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #52644 on: October 07, 2020, 08:22:23 PM »

Obviously NBA Commissioner Adam Silver has been pouring over the sad TV ratings for its  Championship series:
We’re completely committed to standing for social justice and racial equality and that’s been the case going back decades. It’s part of the DNA of this league. How it gets manifested is something we’re gonna have to sit down with the players and discuss for next season. I would say, in terms of the messages you see on the court and our jerseys, this was an extraordinary moment in time when we began these discussions with the players and what we all lived through this summer. My sense is there’ll be somewhat a return to normalcy, that those messages will largely be left to be delivered off the floor.

And I understand those people who are saying ‘I’m on your side, but I want to watch a basketball game.’

« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 08:24:59 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #52645 on: October 07, 2020, 08:33:34 PM »

Obviously NBA Commissioner Adam Silver has been pouring over the sad TV ratings for its  Championship series:
We’re completely committed to standing for social justice and racial equality and that’s been the case going back decades. It’s part of the DNA of this league. How it gets manifested is something we’re gonna have to sit down with the players and discuss for next season. I would say, in terms of the messages you see on the court and our jerseys, this was an extraordinary moment in time when we began these discussions with the players and what we all lived through this summer. My sense is there’ll be somewhat a return to normalcy, that those messages will largely be left to be delivered off the floor.

And I understand those people who are saying ‘I’m on your side, but I want to watch a basketball game.’

Red is focused, laser focused on the issues of greatest importance to this country.

As we as a country battle covid and the suffering and death it brings, an economic depression that has hurt tens of millions of Americans, children who can't safely return to schools, and with making a political choice between a competent and empathetic Biden and a delusional clown President who can't even put on his carrot-colored make-up in the right proportion, Red worries about NBA ratings.

just more 3-card Donnie, from Red.

LMAO

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #52646 on: October 07, 2020, 08:37:35 PM »

Wonder what that commentator who was sacked for saying "All Lives Matter" in response to a question is doing now?
Wouldn't surprise me if people switched off in protest.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #52647 on: October 07, 2020, 08:39:16 PM »

Why?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #52648 on: October 07, 2020, 08:46:30 PM »

Americans are split on Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett, with 46% saying they do not want the Senate to send her to the high court and 42% saying the Senate should confirm her in a new CNN Poll conducted by SSRS....A majority of Republicans in the poll want Barrett confirmed (83%), while independents are split (42% do, 42% do not), and only 8% of Democrats support the Senate voting to confirm the federal judge.

By taking her nominaton down Trump has a better chance at re-election

But he wont - because Trump is all about doing the right thing

By losing - and getting Ms Barrett confirmed, Trump will have done right by party and nation.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #52649 on: October 07, 2020, 08:50:15 PM »

But he wont - because Trump is all about doing the right thing

pure gold

this is Troll HoF-worthy trolling

LMAO
Pages: 1 ... 3508 3509 [3510] 3511 3512 ... 4288