Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3507 3508 [3509] 3510 3511 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1996222 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #52620 on: October 07, 2020, 05:59:02 PM »

Will Pence pull a Bush? Maybe so, but likely in a more modern way.

Good Read:https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Let-me-help-you-Mrs-Ferraro-The-first-time-a-15627577.php
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52621 on: October 07, 2020, 06:00:55 PM »

Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #52622 on: October 07, 2020, 06:03:22 PM »

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-54444793

Trump freezes H1-B visas.

Good.
More jobs for Americans, at good wages, hopefully.
Cheap labour should be abolished.

MAGA!
Jobs on American soil for Americans only!

Shouldn't you be more worried about how great Australia is rather than concern yourself with the USA, given that your are allegedly an Aussie?

It's very odd. I can tell you that here in America, no one cares how great Australia is. No one actually thinks of Australia, except for maybe wondering why they can't spell syrah or pronounce words without sounding like someone is standing on their big toe.

Maybe it's time you thought more about your PM than our POTUS.

POTUS rules the world.
Australia is in the world...therefore POTUS rules Australia.

Cheap labour foreign workers...both onshore and offshore America...whose jobs will they take?
Answer:  Yours.

Whose jobs will they decrease the salaries of?
Answer:  Yours.

If you want jobs for the millions of Americans now unemployed because of the pandemic, you should be cheering loudly for what POTUS has done.

If you apply now, as obsequiously as possible, New Zealand May accept you as her colony and lead your nation out of its darkness and dispair.

LOL

You've been reading too many fairytales.

Sez the fool who thinks that Trump rules the world.

You need to look a little closer.
The western world...and therefore most of the world.

No, not even the western world. Far from it.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/presidency-of-the-United-States-of-America

United States the president is vested with great authority and is arguably the most powerful elected official in the world.

The president is also the commander in chief of the country’s military and has unlimited authority to direct the movements of land, sea, and air forces. The president has the power to make treaties with foreign governments, …

#####

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Chairman Mao

Yes, POTUS rules the world, for now...not much longer though, China is buying up the world at express pace.

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #52623 on: October 07, 2020, 06:04:46 PM »

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-54444793

Trump freezes H1-B visas.

Good.
More jobs for Americans, at good wages, hopefully.
Cheap labour should be abolished.

MAGA!
Jobs on American soil for Americans only!

Shouldn't you be more worried about how great Australia is rather than concern yourself with the USA, given that your are allegedly an Aussie?

It's very odd. I can tell you that here in America, no one cares how great Australia is. No one actually thinks of Australia, except for maybe wondering why they can't spell syrah or pronounce words without sounding like someone is standing on their big toe.

Maybe it's time you thought more about your PM than our POTUS.

Yes, your job/s.

Already been to my land;

https://www.smh.com.au/national/bank-staff-refuse-to-train-overseas-replacements-20061020-gdon2d.html

Bank staff refuse to train overseas replacements

QANTAS has defended its decision to sack about 350 Sydney workers and move their jobs offshore, while 60 St George Bank workers in Kogarah yesterday refused to continue training their Indian replacements.

The NSW secretary of the Australian Services Union, Sally McManus, said the impact of job losses on information technology staff would be devastating. "Some of them have been there 20 years, they have in-depth skills on the Qantas systems, but the skills are not transferable," she said.

Staff at a St George Bank accounts office in Kogarah yesterday voted not to help train a team of IT workers from the Indian outsourcing company that is taking over their jobs.

One staff member, Cathy Samartzis, said it was like being asked to dig your own grave.

"Some people have been here a long time," she said. "They have mortgages and families and kids to feed. It makes me feel sick."
The staff, who were warned last month that they would lose their jobs early next year, were told on Tuesday that they would assist with training the new staff through a buddy system.

Their Indian replacements first appeared in the office on Wednesday.

So, you're a bigot. Yes, we know that.

But all you've done here is to show how capitalism "works", and the one you support for leader of the free world is not only known for cheap labor, but for stiffing them altogether! Biden has the track record of creating and saving jobs. It's just how it is.

Now, run along, bambu. When you hop into these seas of discussion you better swim faster than the sharks. You, sir, look like chum.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #52624 on: October 07, 2020, 06:10:05 PM »

Meet "The Beatles".

Two Islamic State militants from Britain were brought to the United States on Wednesday to face charges in a gruesome campaign of torture, beheadings and other acts of violence against four Americans and others captured and held hostage in Syria, the Justice Department said.
El Shafee Elsheikh and Alexanda Kotey are two of four men who were called “the Beatles” by the hostages because of the captors’ British accents. The two men made their first appearance Wednesday afternoon in federal court in Alexandria, Virginia, where a federal grand jury issued an eight-count indictment that accuses them of being “leading participants in a brutal hostage-taking scheme” that resulted in the deaths of Western hostages, including American journalist James Foley.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/nation-world/story/2020-10-07/ap-source-us-to-announce-charges-against-british-is-members

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #52625 on: October 07, 2020, 06:11:44 PM »

Maybe Trump has seen the light, seen the error of his ways regarding cheap labour and is now acting.
He should be applauded.

Please don't try and tell me that cheap labour wasn't supported by Obama/Biden...one only has to look at CA...etc etc etc.
Open borders, sanctuary cities, etc.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #52626 on: October 07, 2020, 06:14:59 PM »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #52627 on: October 07, 2020, 06:15:53 PM »

Maybe Trump has seen the light, seen the error of his ways regarding cheap labour and is now acting.
He should be applauded.

Please don't try and tell me that cheap labour wasn't supported by Obama/Biden...one only has to look at CA...etc etc etc.
Open borders, sanctuary cities, etc.

Chum.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #52628 on: October 07, 2020, 06:17:32 PM »

Maybe there are that many Anti-Catholics in the U.S.

Biden's Catholic. Seems unlikely to be the cause.

ACB belonged to a fundamentalist Christian cult, with some affiliation to Catholicism.  She was actually a handmaid in her church, the highest rank a woman could attain in the male-dominated cult.  She also lived in the cult founder's mansion for a few years.  And since they are highly anti-abortion and paternalistic, there really is no way she can be impartial judging any abortion related cases.  As her signing a 2006 newspaper ad seeking to overturn Wade v. Roe makes clear.
Both of her parents are also high up in the People of Praise cult movement.

https://apnews.com/article/politics-south-bend-amy-coney-barrett-us-supreme-court-courts-7350a62e68fb6e70424a3c177c79ab52

She was also part of a Notre Dame Right to Life group.
https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-politics-amy-coney-barrett-judiciary-us-supreme-court-5d587c3aa43a459c9c2459787eed6b26
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

barton

« Reply #52629 on: October 07, 2020, 06:24:13 PM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/07/nyregion/orthodox-jews-nyc-coronavirus.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Backlash Grows in Orthodox Jewish Areas Over Virus Crackdown by Cuomo

Rules that would have a pronounced impact on synagogues were met with protests, fires and a street attack in a part of Brooklyn seeing an uptick in cases.

Suffering Sukkot ash!   

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52630 on: October 07, 2020, 06:29:10 PM »

ACB belonged to a fundamentalist Christian cult, with some affiliation to Catholicism.  She was actually a handmaid in her church, the highest rank a woman could attain in the male-dominated cult.  She also lived in the cult founder's mansion for a few years.  And since they are highly anti-abortion and paternalistic, there really is no way she can be impartial judging any abortion related cases.  As her signing a 2006 newspaper ad seeking to overturn Wade v. Roe makes clear.
Both of her parents are also high up in the People of Praise cult movement.

Sure.

But I am pretty sure that anti-Catholic sentiment is not the cause of Trump's declining numbers. That was my point.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #52631 on: October 07, 2020, 06:30:52 PM »

Black Republicans, because black people are not a monolith, anymore than the Orthodox Jews represent all Jews:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99PR2mWDb9w

barton

« Reply #52632 on: October 07, 2020, 06:31:53 PM »

ACB belonged to a fundamentalist Christian cult, with some affiliation to Catholicism.  She was actually a handmaid in her church, the highest rank a woman could attain in the male-dominated cult. ...

Time for Mitt's wife to go full Lysistrata on his ass.   Vote "no" on Amy Culty or look  forward to sleeping on the couch,  flogging the log.   Get other Senate wives on board.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #52633 on: October 07, 2020, 06:43:05 PM »

DOJ caught altering evidence in Flynn case:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/07/doj-altered-flynn-document-427280

But kiidcarter8 and Trump think we should all be talking about Hillary Clinton and Hunter Biden.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52634 on: October 07, 2020, 06:50:59 PM »

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-still-recovering-from-covid-19-returns-to-oval-office/

"A blessing from God," says Trump of his COVID-19 diagnosis."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 3507 3508 [3509] 3510 3511 ... 4288