Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3588 3589 [3590] 3591 3592 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1611515 times)

oilcan

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #53835 on: October 19, 2020, 12:57:07 PM »

If Kelly, son of cops, had ever said anything that would lead voters to think he could endorse that young twit's tweet, then it might make a difference.  But Kelly hasn't, and I think most voters have made up their minds at this point.  This is really small potatoes and I think even McSurly knows that and is just playing the usual games.

Young, STILL EMPLOYED twit.  That's the point.

So Kelly doesn't fire people for being stupid?  How very Trumpian of him!  LoL. 

Seriously, the lad was disciplined.  Small taters.

In any case, it looks like Dem candidates for Senate in Georgia have been inching past the entrenched Repubs.  So the threats to a GOP Senate are popping up all over. 

barton

« Reply #53836 on: October 19, 2020, 01:07:18 PM »

I'll agree with Kid (mark your calendars!) that Kelly's best move politically would be to fire the "pig" tweeter. 

However, I suspect that most voters can correctly interpret this non-action as compassion for youthful stupidity rather than that Kelly doesn't support cops.  Still hoping the fact that Kelly has cops for parents will somehow register with Mr. Carter as VERY PROBABLY indicative that Kelly is not anti-police. 

barton

« Reply #53837 on: October 19, 2020, 01:15:06 PM »

Dwarves dwell in dwellings of dwindling size due to problems in the construction material supply chain and labor shortages. 

I experienced this problem, which has struck even the normally-sized, today when I tried to order some sheetrock delivered.  They told me they are forced to give priority to contractors right now, and it will be six weeks at least before retail delivery can resume. 

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53838 on: October 19, 2020, 01:24:27 PM »

https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-americas-thinking/521053-poll-biden-leads-trump-by-7-points-nationwide

28% of independents in this poll undecided

That's a  huge chunk - and likely a good portion of LEANS TRUMP in there.

Just keep ignoring the data, Kid.

And you keep ignoring the trends and 2016.
It is not 2016.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53839 on: October 19, 2020, 01:28:20 PM »

https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-americas-thinking/521053-poll-biden-leads-trump-by-7-points-nationwide

Just keep ignoring the data, Kid.

And you keep ignoring the trends and 2016.

I quoted your current preferred pollster, IBD/TIPP that said that they don't see 2016's model as applying to 2020.

That would be an example of the data that you are ignoring.

You talk about trend, but you are selective in what you will consider. Here's TIPP for the last 5 polls:

IBD/TIPP   10/19/2020   949 LV ±3.2%      50%   44%   2%   1%   3%
IBD/TIPP   10/18/2020   1,021 LV ±3.2%   50%   45%   2%   1%   2%
IBD/TIPP   10/17/2020   1,009 LV ±3.2%   50%   43%   2%   1%   4%
IBD/TIPP   10/16/2020   951 LV ±3.2%      49%   44%   3%   1%   3%
IBD/TIPP   10/15/2020   864 LV ±3.4%      50%   42%   2%   1%   

Leads of 8, 5, 7, 5, 6 - all the changes within their margin of error.

Or in the two way, leads of 8, 6, 7, 6, 6.

Meanwhile, in one you don't like as much, USC, we see leads of 9.5 to 10.5 the first week of October. Then we see leads of 10.5 - 12.5 the second week of Oct. And for the last four days, it's been between 11.5 and 11.8, trending up in small increments.

In the last month, the Global Strategy group's polls read +11, +10, +8, +10.

I look at everybody's trends, Kid, not just those I like.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53840 on: October 19, 2020, 01:29:06 PM »

You think Joe wins by more than Hillary's 2.86 mil?

Double, at least.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53841 on: October 19, 2020, 01:31:43 PM »

Angry Covid Barrett’s legal approach is both “jiggery-pokery” and “pure applesauce”.

http://www.salon.com/2020/10/19/amy-coney-barretts-originalist-doctrine-may-sound-good--but-its-completely-incoherent/

She’s a failure as a judge and an anathema to justice.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

barton

« Reply #53842 on: October 19, 2020, 01:41:53 PM »

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-housing-eviction-insight/times-up-after-a-reprieve-a-wave-of-evictions-expected-across-u-s-idUSKBN27415U

And those evictions will happen in January. 

A lot of landlords are Mom and Pop operations, who have mortgages to pay, and renting property does not have a big profit margin.  Which means we need some kind of national emergency relief now to landlords, and to keep tenants secure until they go back to work and get caught up. 

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #53843 on: October 19, 2020, 02:18:40 PM »

Hill TV this morning on the state of the race

http://youtu.be/F2RgIQgZ-Vw

Too much jiggery and not enough pokery seems to be the undoing of trump and his flock of goons.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #53844 on: October 19, 2020, 02:21:49 PM »

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-housing-eviction-insight/times-up-after-a-reprieve-a-wave-of-evictions-expected-across-u-s-idUSKBN27415U

And those evictions will happen in January. 

A lot of landlords are Mom and Pop operations, who have mortgages to pay, and renting property does not have a big profit margin.  Which means we need some kind of national emergency relief now to landlords, and to keep tenants secure until they go back to work and get caught up.

Look for a lame duck executive order streamlining eviction processes and removing tenant protections.

Republicans are ghouls. They reek rankly of contagion and the grave.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #53845 on: October 19, 2020, 02:24:31 PM »

If Kelly, son of cops, had ever said anything that would lead voters to think he could endorse that young twit's tweet, then it might make a difference.  But Kelly hasn't, and I think most voters have made up their minds at this point.  This is really small potatoes and I think even McSurly knows that and is just playing the usual games.

Young, STILL EMPLOYED twit.  That's the point.

So Kelly doesn't fire people for being stupid?  How very Trumpian of him!  LoL. 

Seriously, the lad was disciplined.  Small taters.

In any case, it looks like Dem candidates for Senate in Georgia have been inching past the entrenched Repubs.  So the threats to a GOP Senate are popping up all over.

T.J. L’Heureux, future sheriff of Maricopa County, AZ.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53846 on: October 19, 2020, 02:27:34 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/19/politics/donald-trump-anthony-fauci-coronavirus/index.html

Trump has decided to go aftere Dr. Fauci.

I don't think that's going to help him, help his campaign, or help the country.

Not to mention that it undermines his own commercial!

"People are tired of Covid. I have these huge rallies," Trump said, phoning into a call with campaign staff from his namesake hotel in Las Vegas, where he spent two nights amid a western campaign swing. "People are saying whatever. Just leave us alone. They're tired of it. People are tired of hearing Fauci and all these idiots."
"Fauci is a nice guy," Trump went on. "He's been here for 500 years."
"Fauci is a disaster. If I listened to him, we'd have 500,000 deaths," he said on the campaign call on Monday, before later saying it would be 700,000 or 800,000.
"If there's a reporter on, you can have it just the way I said it, I couldn't care less," Trump said. CNN was given access to the call by a source.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #53847 on: October 19, 2020, 02:43:56 PM »

They held a large rally in France yesterday to mourn the teacher who was beheaded.
They sang their national anthem.

The head-hacker-offer was shot dead shortly after committing his deed of pure evil.
11 others have been arrested.

Another such crime to add to the long list of terror attacks in France, the rest of Europe, and Britain.
They were all warned what would happen if they didn't change their immigration etc policies...but they refused to listen.
Now they have what they have.
Ms Bardot tried to tell them...they threatened to toss her in prison.

There are ways to solve the problem, but they wouldn't be acceptable to the politicians there today.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 02:45:51 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #53848 on: October 19, 2020, 02:46:28 PM »

http://youtu.be/koonIzEwZR0

I don’t remember ads like this in 2012...

Also a reminder that when you think of this year’s calendar relative to polls and date, in comparison with 2016, the election then ended on Nov 8. This year it ends on Nov 3. Comparing trajectories, we are five days closer to the wall than we were at the equivalent date last cycle four years ago.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #53849 on: October 19, 2020, 02:51:31 PM »

There are ways to solve the problem, but they wouldn't be acceptable to the politicians there today.

Maybe the west can renounce drone strikes forever in exchange for a global fatwa against beheadings.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 3588 3589 [3590] 3591 3592 ... 4288