Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3738 3739 [3740] 3741 3742 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1877055 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #56085 on: November 06, 2020, 01:02:59 PM »

kid came out of hiding or he's all partied out

Or he's hiding from his bookies.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56086 on: November 06, 2020, 01:07:26 PM »

I was surprised only by Maine. Well, and Cunningham's inability to keep his dick under control in the middle of an erection election.

Of course you were

Because the polling you were married to was shit.
I wasn't married to any polling. You were.
"Not that others should have relief while you are burdened, but that as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their needs, so that their abundance may also supply your needs, that there may be equality."

2 Corinthians 8:13-14

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #56087 on: November 06, 2020, 01:09:46 PM »

Red seems to be having a hard time accepting that in the last 2 elections, '18 and '20, the Repubs lost the House and WH.

I had hoped for the D-gains in the Senate, but running against strong incumbents (Mitch. Lindsay, etc.) in mostly red states in the challenging social distancing covid-campaigning for challengers  (ie social distancing and masks limit baby kissing, door knocking, eating hot dogs, pizza, bbq and knishes etc) I think hurt. But picking up seats and flipping Arzona and Col and having 2 shots (likely) in the Georgia run-off gives me hope for a more decent and fairer future. That Cuuningham couldn't keep his dick in his pants, hurt, and did Tuberville in Bama. Maybe the Dems can recruit Saban for the next go round.
I was surprised only by Maine. Well, and Cunningham's inability to keep his dick under control in the middle of an erection election.

Collins in Me was a disappointment, but Me is a pretty conservative state, at least by northeast standards. 

I'm just playing at poly-sci, but I think the challenges of beating entrenched incumbents and campaigning in the time of covid hurt dems more than most calculated.   

or I could be rationalizing.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #56088 on: November 06, 2020, 01:10:38 PM »

Biden leads

20,500 - Nevada
1,500 - Georgia
12.500 - Pennsylvania
43,800 - Arizona
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #56089 on: November 06, 2020, 01:11:52 PM »

North Dakota strong

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/04/politics/north-dakota-candidate-died-covid-wins-election-trnd/index.html

Horton Wilde chuckles

Do YOU condemn Trump's unfounded allegations of a rigged election?

Sure, whatever

I predicted only drama.  The show goes on....

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #56090 on: November 06, 2020, 01:13:39 PM »

Of course you were

Because the polling you were married to was shit.
I wasn't married to any polling. You were.

The funny part is JOSH thinking I was posting REAL CLEAR charts to support Trump.

Not REAL CLEAR thought on his part.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #56091 on: November 06, 2020, 01:15:06 PM »

good to know kid's take on voter suppression and Trump's pissing on our democracy, is "whatever".

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #56092 on: November 06, 2020, 01:36:49 PM »

for those who need a dose of schedenfreude, a good laugh, or a dose of reality, the embeded video in this tweet is pretty funny and spot on.

(and its likely you've seen it purposed in other ways)

someone tell Red (he's ignored me for years) the video is in German so he can skip the subtitles.

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1324078979775684608

The tweet reads

Live look at the White House bunker where Trump is trying to stop the counting of ballots.

The internet remains undefeated...

The video is SFW and funny.

barton

« Reply #56093 on: November 06, 2020, 01:46:29 PM »

good to know kid's take on voter suppression and Trump's pissing on our democracy, is "whatever".

Why would anything change? 

I didn't experience much disappointment, mainly I guess due to my thinking polls are an infant science.  Not sure they'll have a reliable method anytime soon. 

BANKS -- yeah, the Bruno Ganz version of Trump is funny stuff.  I think Fac or maybe Kam posted it a day or two back.  My wife had never seen "Downfall," the 2004 Oscar-nominated film that's from, so we've got it on our list now. 

barton

« Reply #56094 on: November 06, 2020, 01:48:04 PM »

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56095 on: November 06, 2020, 01:49:46 PM »

North Dakota strong

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/04/politics/north-dakota-candidate-died-covid-wins-election-trnd/index.html

Horton Wilde chuckles

Do YOU condemn Trump's unfounded allegations of a rigged election?

Sure, whatever

I predicted only drama.  The show goes on....

Whatever?

Wow, such a powerful condemnation of treason.

You're not quite to Red's level of being anti-American, but you have clearly stepped into the un-American category.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

barton

« Reply #56096 on: November 06, 2020, 01:50:19 PM »

In case anyone didn't catch the Philip Larkin parenting method mentioned in that Guardian piece, it's a reference to this famous poem of his:

'This be the verse'

They fuck you up, your mum and dad.
They may not mean to, but they do.
They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra, just for you.

But they were fucked up in their turn
By fools in old-style hats and coats,
Who half the time were soppy-stern
And half at one another's throats.

Man hands on misery to man.
It deepens like a coastal shelf.
Get out as early as you can,
And don't have any kids yourself.

Philip Larkin

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56097 on: November 06, 2020, 01:54:41 PM »

for those who need a dose of schedenfreude, a good laugh, or a dose of reality, the embeded video in this tweet is pretty funny and spot on.

someone tell Red (he's ignored me for years) the video is in German so he can skip the subtitles.

The tweet reads

Live look at the White House bunker where Trump is trying to stop the counting of ballots.

"It's much easier in Korea."

"All of you who I've infected with Covid, step out of the room!"

Good lines in there, banks.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56098 on: November 06, 2020, 02:01:04 PM »

The tweet reads

Heh. Those were everywhere not that long ago. Nice to see them making a comeback.

Downfall is a good movie. I expect some Traudl Junge style mea culpa memoirs from this administration soon.
"Not that others should have relief while you are burdened, but that as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their needs, so that their abundance may also supply your needs, that there may be equality."

2 Corinthians 8:13-14

oilcan

« Reply #56099 on: November 06, 2020, 02:05:34 PM »

I think Biden has Nevada.  I thought there'd be some blue shift there, mainly because NV has been decidedly blue since 2016, both state and federal.  From the NYT, just a minute ago....

oseph R. Biden Jr. widened his lead over President Trump in Nevada on Friday from about 11,000 votes to about 20,500, and moved closer to victory there, as his advantage over Mr. Trump grew to nearly two percentage points.

Nevada has six electoral votes and its entire Election Day vote has been counted; the late mail and provisional ballots that remain lean Democratic. About 9 percent of the state’s votes have yet to be tabulated.

Final results might not be made public until Saturday or Sunday, elections officials have said....

I think we'll be ready for champagne and Kool and the Gang by late tonight, when things are a little clearer in PA.  But the trendline is already pretty unambiguous.  So....WOOHOO

(I didn't get all woohoo over AZ, simply because I know that Republicans there are much more accustomed to voting by mail, and so a blue shift was less likely in the mail count)
Pages: 1 ... 3738 3739 [3740] 3741 3742 ... 4288