Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1612356 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #5655 on: November 06, 2018, 04:03:05 PM »

I think spamming the Board with links to some of the myriad mental defectives/political hacks on Twitter constitutes folly and tossing of monkey poo. 
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5657 on: November 06, 2018, 04:25:16 PM »

I agree with Paul Ryan.  I believe in the Bradley effect.  I think we will see status quo after tonight.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #5658 on: November 06, 2018, 04:33:50 PM »

Botox?

that's the 2018 World Champion Botox

Go Tox!

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5659 on: November 06, 2018, 04:38:54 PM »

Maybe you prefer it when posters toss monkey poo back and forth at one another.  I have chosen to not take part in such folly.

Plus he’s drowning in monkey poo and none of the shit he throws seems to stick.

Republicans are ratfucking hard this year knowing they are lacking any way to attract votes.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5660 on: November 06, 2018, 04:41:31 PM »

I give you 2 harpies and a hard working immigrant

https://twitter.com/tarastrong/status/1059886878080458752

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5661 on: November 06, 2018, 06:51:52 PM »

I agree with Paul Ryan.  I believe in the Bradley effect.  I think we will see status quo after tonight.
I never thought Dems had a chance in the Senate. More likely to lose at east one net. Not optimistic about the House either. Repos did good job with the gerrymandering.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

barton

« Reply #5662 on: November 06, 2018, 06:57:07 PM »

Belief is all one has -- there is no real evidence that it's a real effect.   Of more concern to me is reports of malfunctioning machines or stations with too few machines.   Reports from Georgia of people giving up after hours standing in line. 

As for Bradley effect, I think Georgia in 2018 is a different thing from LA in 1982.   Any surprises, as far as polls being off,  more likely to come from voter access problems presided over by the grossly conflicted Kemp.   How did the state not compel him to recuse himself?  Stinks of corruption most foul.   

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5663 on: November 06, 2018, 07:39:07 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/05/us/angry-white-man-john-blake/index.html

It's about projection and fear of 'other' - but as previously noted, the biggest risk at any given moment is angry white men.

Risk re what:  mass murder?

Why are you discussing this?

Unless you mean the Morning Joe types, I don't see much anger out there among those that aren't criminally insane.  And even Joe's group can be reasonable.  Again - not much "risk" there.

Mass murder.

Terrorism inside the United States.

Those were what I had in mind, especially the second, but toss pedophilia and road rage onto the pile, as well.

Not much risk there?

How fortunate for you that you are not in the population that receives racist and/or antisemitic and/or misogynistic attacks.

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5664 on: November 06, 2018, 07:45:00 PM »

Do you guys have a moderator/admin?

Most places, announcing you've put half the forum on Ignore would be considered so hostile and childish that you would be banned.  If this guy keeps posting links, who does he think will click on them now, after that revelation?  This whole forum is predicated on free speech and not censoring people.  I would think this massive Iggy-ing would make the guy a pariah here.

The admin is 99% absentee and while he appointed me moderator, I can't even kick out spambot posters.

I can delete obnoxious posts, which I do sparingly, spam posts when I notice them or they are pointed out, and the like. I can edit posts. I can see who is pretending to be a new person but isn't really (but I cannot do anything about it). I can merge forums and close them or delete them. I can put in polls.

POWER!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5665 on: November 06, 2018, 07:48:35 PM »

Maybe you prefer it when posters toss monkey poo back and forth at one another.  I have chosen to not take part in such folly.

You probably believe it, too.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5666 on: November 06, 2018, 07:50:15 PM »

Botox?

that's the 2018 World Champion Botox

Go Tox!

That got a laugh from both of the people in this household.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5667 on: November 06, 2018, 08:00:51 PM »

I think the Dems will take the House with wiggle room.

I think the GOP will win more Governorships than the Dems, but retain a far narrower lead - just a bit better than 50-50 of the 36 up this year.

Senate? GOP may pick up one, to 52-48.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5668 on: November 06, 2018, 09:19:38 PM »

barton

« Reply #5669 on: November 06, 2018, 09:45:16 PM »

I think the Dems will take the House with wiggle room.

I think the GOP will win more Governorships than the Dems, but retain a far narrower lead - just a bit better than 50-50 of the 36 up this year.

Senate? GOP may pick up one, to 52-48.

Seems like the exurbs will decide the House.  Still looks like Dems proclaim their lust for voting while the Republican just go to the polls and do it.  Young Dem-leaning still seem to find rationales for not voting... I heard one interviewed who said the US really needs to make cellphone voting happen.   That attitude is something Dem activists need to really reform.   Not holding my breath.

I see the squeakers developing - Beto in TX, Sinema in AZ, but there doesn't seem to be that nationally saturated blue wave.... looks like House will be very close and Dems might fall a bit short.   Moderate non-Trump Repubes look to be going extinct.   So I expect the divide to widen.   No surprises. 

Abrams not looking good.   And she will want the machinery problems investigated,  for sure.   And Kemp's machinations.

Colorado just elected Democrat,  a gay man, governor - that's a continuing progressive trend for Colorado.   

Conor Lamb!   PA House seat.   Thanks to redrawn districts that undo gross 'mandering.

Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 4288