Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3833 3834 [3835] 3836 3837 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1875787 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #57510 on: November 19, 2020, 11:37:52 AM »

Kinloch and the two Republicans had reached a compromise to seek an audit of the results in the Detroit area after Palmer and Hartmann said the official list of who voted did not match the number of ballots that had been received.

How does that happen?

Uncover ALL MALFEASANCE, even if it does not turn the election.  This will male all future elections more secure.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #57511 on: November 19, 2020, 11:50:35 AM »

kid can't keep an honest count of win and losses in a football pick'em contest which involves no more than 16 games a week.

to quote kid

"How does that happen?"

MALFEASANCE!

heh

listening to kid to pontificate on honesty and integrity is hilarious.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57512 on: November 19, 2020, 11:56:06 AM »

Kinloch and the two Republicans had reached a compromise to seek an audit of the results in the Detroit area after Palmer and Hartmann said the official list of who voted did not match the number of ballots that had been received.

How does that happen?

Uncover ALL MALFEASANCE, even if it does not turn the election.  This will male all future elections more secure.

That happens pretty much every election, Kid. Read the stories about this more carefully.

It's not malfeasance and therefore not the bugaboo you seem to think it is.

...absentee ballot poll books at 70% of Detroit's 134 absentee counting boards were found to be out of balance without explanation. The mismatches varied anywhere from one to more than four votes.

In August, canvassers found 72% of Detroit's absentee voting precincts didn't match the number of ballots cast. The imbalances between August and November are not an exact comparison since August's canvassing was based on results from 503 precincts and November's canvassing was based on 134 counting boards.

The situation in August and earlier imbalances in 2016 were not enough to keep the same board from certifying the results in this year's primary and November 2016.

If it wasn't a problem when Trump won then it should not be a problem when Trump lost. Do you disagree with that?

The method for fixing it is political, not the courts, but I agree it should be fixed - if there is consistently a gap between the two systems then there is a problem with the system.

It's still not malfeasance.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57513 on: November 19, 2020, 12:02:43 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/19/politics/gop-michigan-results-trump/index.html

President Trump called at least one of the two Wayne County Republicans, who said when "(a)sked if she discussed the presidential vote count with Trump, Palmer told the Post: "It's hard for me to describe. There was a lot of adrenalin and stress going on. There were general comments about different states but we really didn't discuss the details of the certification. ... It was not pressure. It was genuine concern for my safety.""

Nonetheless, she is now attempting to rescind her certification.

It doesn't work that way. The deadline was the 17th. And she's not filed suit.

Further, "Also Thursday, the Trump campaign dropped its federal lawsuit in Michigan that alleged voting irregularities and had asked the court to stop certification of the votes in Wayne County. Its filing included the affidavits from the two Republican board members."

So, a dead issue for this election

And Kid? BET that the GOP makes no effort to change the process once this election is over. Neither will the Dems, of course.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57514 on: November 19, 2020, 12:07:30 PM »

The Nebraska Republican governor has repeatedly resisted calls for mandatory mask-wearing in his state -- most recently at a press conference on Tuesday.

"I don't think mask mandates are appropriate," Ricketts told reporters. "I think they create resistance. Masks are just a tool, not the only tool, (and) they are not a panacea to solve all the problems."

IOW, if we require people to wear masks, they will resist it, so better they should not be resisting such an order. That way, they will just not wear them.

What?!

barton

« Reply #57515 on: November 19, 2020, 12:07:53 PM »

There is no electoral defeat Red won't spin as a win.

Yes

For instance even if Ga goes the way of the Dems you LOSE - since you have lost Manchin and God knows who else on most of what youwish to push through.

Curious as to who "you" is.   I've rarely seen all Democrats on the same page on all policy issues.   If absolutely rigid and total lockstep consensus is what you prefer,  then I guess the GOP really IS your party.   One thing I like about Dems,  as an Independent, is that they do have spirited and intelligent debates going on how to solve social and environmental  problems.   That healthy process is how some Dem congressfolk moved from major defunding of police to more practical reform plans.   Or how some Greens got from Carbon Neutral in Ten Years to more realistic carbon cap and trade,  and accepting "bridge" fuels and regulated fracking.  Now that same healthy process should extend across the aisle,  as well.   Politics is the art of the possible.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #57516 on: November 19, 2020, 12:12:41 PM »

republicans ... they'd be funny if they weren't so sad.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #57517 on: November 19, 2020, 12:14:32 PM »

kid can't keep an honest count of win and losses in a football pick'em contest which involves no more than 16 games a week.

That's why I have you to do it for me

Though it seems you only like to tally it up when I have a bad week

heh

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #57518 on: November 19, 2020, 12:16:43 PM »

If it wasn't a problem when Trump won then it should not be a problem when Trump lost. Do you disagree with that?

Its always a problem.  There shouldnt be doubt in our elections.

Hillary attempted to use the courts - did she not?

barton

« Reply #57519 on: November 19, 2020, 12:18:44 PM »

Ricketts,  out here among many of us ex-Nebraskans is recognized as one of the worst governors in the state's history.   Like Trump,  he's a symptom of fake populist far right propagandists saturating social media.   

Clinton conceded on November 9. 

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #57520 on: November 19, 2020, 12:22:51 PM »

That's why I have you to do it for me

Though it seems you only like to tally it up when I have a bad week

heh

kid your tally is your tally.

I have nothing to do with it.

However if you choose to report it incorrectly or in a misleading manner, as you like to do, I will post the accurate data.

MALFEASANCE!

heh

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57521 on: November 19, 2020, 12:30:24 PM »

Its always a problem.  There shouldnt be doubt in our elections.

Hillary attempted to use the courts - did she not?

Hillary conceded the day after the election.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Killing History
« Reply #57522 on: November 19, 2020, 12:39:42 PM »

There is no electoral defeat Red won't spin as a win.

I was just perusing  Red's book, "Killing History". Here are some things I learned.

Hindenberg disaster. Nobody died. That film was created by the airline industry to wipe out competition.

Titanic? A boon for the shipbuilding industry and helped accelerate aviation's development, and there was no proof that anyone perished. A total sailors' tale that anyone died.

Pearl Harbor? Never happened. FDR made the whole thing up to get us into a needless war.

Waterloo? Napoleon kicked ass! Then he retired to his favorite island, Corsica to rest.

Jim Crow? The name given to the laws that allowed black folks to vote in the Reconstructed South.

The Red Sox won the 1986 World Series. They know that. You don't.

The Black Plague was a total invention used to sell Shakespeare's works.

Atilla the Hun was a peacekeeper helping to secure Europe's freedom.

Viet Nam was a total victory for the USA. General Westmoreland told us that, dummies.

Julius Caesar was actually not assassinated. The Ides of March actually refer to the day that Caesar invented his famous salad that we still eat today. Brutus was helping him in the kitchen that day and cut Caesar accidently with a kitchen knife, but acted quickly to stem the bleeding. Caesar, who wanted to retire in secret, then convinced Brutus to spin his yarn about an assassination, while Caesar headed off to the French Riviera, quietly living out his final days dining on escargot and drinking fabulous Cote de Rhones.

The Great Fire of Chicago was when only one house burned down. The Democrats then used that as an excuse to launch urban reform and destroyed the houses of innocent Republicans as they worked block by block to put in their shadowy archictecture.

San Francisco Earthquake of 1906 was a total fabrication, and the one in 1989 was created by MLB. They were being paid to shake the cameras at the A's Giants game, and the players were paid extra to pretend they were experiencing an earthquake. It was all designed to embarrass George H. W. Bush. Fay Vincent was carrying out Paul Giamatti's wishes for honoring his dad, who hated Bush because he thought he was an embarrassment to Yale University.

It's fascinating reading.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #57523 on: November 19, 2020, 12:49:45 PM »

Trump is still very much in 'Hail Mary' territory regarding pulling this out, but it’s no longer about this election. It’s about the next one. If Democrats can get away with these shenanigans this year, do you think they’ll stop?

I think you all know the answer to that question.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2020/11/14/democracy-institute-pollster-yes-i-think-this-election-was-stolen-n2579970
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 01:09:59 PM by kidcarter8 »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57524 on: November 19, 2020, 12:52:20 PM »

Trump is still very much in 'Hail Mary' territory regarding pulling this out, but it’s no longer about this election. It’s about the next one. If Democrats can get away with these shenanigans this year, do you think they’ll stop?

I think you all know the answer to that question. You all know the kind of left-wing scum we’re dealing with here

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2020/11/14/democracy-institute-pollster-yes-i-think-this-election-was-stolen-n2579970

Too fucking funny, coming from the GOP.
Pages: 1 ... 3833 3834 [3835] 3836 3837 ... 4288