Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3990 3991 [3992] 3993 3994 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1883410 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #59865 on: December 11, 2020, 06:36:58 PM »

SC rejects Texas's motion.

no standing!

SIT TEXAS!

Yippee Kay Yay MOTHERFUCKER!

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #59866 on: December 11, 2020, 06:38:51 PM »

The world is looking on and commenting. Germany has had experience with deranged narcissists.

---German magazine Der Spiegel names Trump 'Loser of the Year'---

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/529830-german-magazine-der-spiegel-names-trump-loser-of-the-year
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #59867 on: December 11, 2020, 06:39:14 PM »

Defund the Police!

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/prince-william-officers-shoot-kill-79-year-old-man-police-say/2504993/?fbclid=IwAR33EtOQRYH3AYGMa8_1TPHgj-H0bFcTHvU8DLkMV5-z0crPUkBAsGFNysw

Point a gun at the cops anywhere, they will shoot you.
Don't drop the gun when ordered to, they will shoot you.

Roaming the gated community armed with a gun?
Wife rang cops about husband making concerning statements?
What if he'd shot another resident, bambu-ilk for example?

People acting "crazy" armed with guns are a menace...and must be stopped before they kill someone.
Hard to be critical of the cops without knowing every detail of the case.

I agree with your last sentence.  It's hard to know what the man's intent was, though I saw a report that he was suicidal.  If so, that somewhat shifts the narrative to "suicide by  cop," a phrase that describes raising a gun against LEO's in hope they will kill you.  But, really, more details are needed to know if the police action was proportional, i.e. if the old man did raise a gun at them or if he had threatened others in the area with his gun.

Suicide by cop.

Five deputies shot him.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59868 on: December 11, 2020, 06:39:55 PM »

Congress says "Fuck you" to Little Donnie.

The Senate voted overwhelmingly on Friday to approve a sweeping defense bill with a veto-proof majority, a major rebuke to President Donald Trump who has urged Republican opposition and threatened to veto the legislation. The vote was 84 to 13.

Trump's position on the bill has sharply divided GOP lawmakers, forcing them to choose between loyalty to the President and legislation that sets defense policy for the country. In the end, however, the President's opposition was not enough to stall passage of the legislation through Congress. The Senate vote comes after the House of Representatives also passed the bill with a veto-proof majority earlier this week. Now it will be up to Trump to decide how to respond.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/11/politics/senate-defense-bill-trump-veto-proof-majority/index.html

And Trump gets a pretty good defense bill.  Just not something he was never going to get

Who won again?
Did you follow, or comprehend, what the debate over thr defense bill was about? The defense bill that passed congress was - and has been for years - bipartisan.  Truml got exactly the bill he would have gotten if he had said nothing. Nothing changed in the bill be abuse of his announced opposition. Trump has threatened to veto the bill because, first,  it renamed military bases, and second, it did not rescind legal protections for social media platforms. He got neither of those things. He got zero. Now he either vetoes the bill and has that veto overriden or he signs a bill he threatened to veto despite getting nothing for the threat. "Who won again?" The bipartisan coalition in congress. Who lost? Trump, who has gotten nothing for his veto threat. Nothing.
"Not that others should have relief while you are burdened, but that as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their needs, so that their abundance may also supply your needs, that there may be equality."

2 Corinthians 8:13-14

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59870 on: December 11, 2020, 06:45:31 PM »

no standing!

SIT TEXAS!

On behalf of everyone with even a rudimentary understanding of the concept of standing: no duh.
"Not that others should have relief while you are burdened, but that as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their needs, so that their abundance may also supply your needs, that there may be equality."

2 Corinthians 8:13-14

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #59871 on: December 11, 2020, 06:47:25 PM »

CANZUK International.

Canada, Australia, New Zealand, UK.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CANZUK_International

CANZUK International, previously known as the Commonwealth Freedom of Movement Organisation, is a non-profit international organisation which aims to achieve the free movement of citizens, free trade agreements and foreign policy cooperation between Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom through intergovernmental action and the formation of a proposed diplomatic union known as CANZUK. The organisation aims to achieve similar free movement and trade arrangements that exist under the Trans-Tasman Travel Arrangement and the Closer Economic Relations trade agreement between Australia and New Zealand, with Canada and the United Kingdom eventually joining these arrangements.[4]

#####

While at first glance it might seem like Brexiters trying to revive 'empire'...that bloc could be good for Australia trade/cultural/foreign policy wise.
The bloc would still be a staunch ally of the US, being as they are...4 of the "Five Eyes" Intelligence org, with the US the other one.
Free movement of citizens?
Maybe...don't want any of those beheading types or anyone on the terror watch list from Britain moving downunder though.

Those proposing it have designed flags.
It's all very EU like in my eyes, and given that the EU ended up being a dismal failure for Britain...I don't really like the idea.
Where would it be run/ruled from...London? Canada?

Just have a non-formal understanding...trade, culture, foreign policy, economic policy instead.
The last thing bambuland needs is another flag dividing the nation.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 07:11:24 PM by bambu. »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #59872 on: December 11, 2020, 06:50:43 PM »

The world is looking on and commenting. Germany has had experience with deranged narcissists.

---German magazine Der Spiegel names Trump 'Loser of the Year'---

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/529830-german-magazine-der-spiegel-names-trump-loser-of-the-year

Germany needs to look in the mirror instead of mocking Trump.
Starting with its 'open borders' policy...and the havoc that's caused.

Austria has seen the light...and gone very Trump-like.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #59873 on: December 11, 2020, 06:51:37 PM »

no standing!

SIT TEXAS!

On behalf of everyone with even a rudimentary understanding of the concept of standing: no duh.

Most of us expected it, and the states right and standing issue seemed obvious from the go, but when Trump packs the court with very conservative justices, who he picked in some respects to throw an election, I wasn't counting my chads prematurely.

I'm waiting for the next storm trooper boot to fall or Trump's next insane tweet

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #59874 on: December 11, 2020, 06:55:51 PM »

Defund the Police!

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/prince-william-officers-shoot-kill-79-year-old-man-police-say/2504993/?fbclid=IwAR33EtOQRYH3AYGMa8_1TPHgj-H0bFcTHvU8DLkMV5-z0crPUkBAsGFNysw

Point a gun at the cops anywhere, they will shoot you.
Don't drop the gun when ordered to, they will shoot you.

Roaming the gated community armed with a gun?
Wife rang cops about husband making concerning statements?
What if he'd shot another resident, bambu-ilk for example?

People acting "crazy" armed with guns are a menace...and must be stopped before they kill someone.
Hard to be critical of the cops without knowing every detail of the case.

I agree with your last sentence.  It's hard to know what the man's intent was, though I saw a report that he was suicidal.  If so, that somewhat shifts the narrative to "suicide by  cop," a phrase that describes raising a gun against LEO's in hope they will kill you.  But, really, more details are needed to know if the police action was proportional, i.e. if the old man did raise a gun at them or if he had threatened others in the area with his gun.

Suicide by cop.

Five deputies shot him.

The way it is.
If I lived in America and needed to ring 911 because the bad people were after me...I'd like armed cops to come in force to help me...not some counselling group.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #59875 on: December 11, 2020, 07:00:40 PM »

When newspapers started putting up paywalls they stopped being accessible to most americans.  Information comes at a cost.  But you know what doesn't?  Disinformation.  So over the last decade we've seen disinformation spread on cable news networks, chat room message boards,  social networks, and broadcast radio.

The decision made by the NY Times and others to make their valuable reporting harder to come by has led to disastrous outcomes all across America.

Blame Reagan.

Killing the Fairness Doctrine gave rise to hate radio and Fox News so a lot of folks rejected the legacy media. When the networks turned their news programming into profit generators (Fuck you, Jack Welch! Burn in Hell!) well...

Where does the funding come from to pay staff and maintain resources?

The advertisers killed the paper’s because Craig’s list killed the classifieds.

We always paid for newspapers.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #59876 on: December 11, 2020, 07:12:27 PM »

no standing!

SIT TEXAS!

“Alito & Thomas said they would have heard the case (they have a belief that SCOTUS must hear *all* cases brought in this manner).

But: they said they would not have granted "other relief." Meaning, they wouldn't have prevented the Electoral College process from moving forward.”  Andy Prokop

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #59877 on: December 11, 2020, 07:22:32 PM »

no standing!

SIT TEXAS!

“Alito & Thomas said they would have heard the case (they have a belief that SCOTUS must hear *all* cases brought in this manner).

But: they said they would not have granted "other relief." Meaning, they wouldn't have prevented the Electoral College process from moving forward.”  Andy Prokop

Trump is mulling an appeal to the Jedi Council or the Justice League of America.

He's got 126 Congressional Republicans who are ready to sign on.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59878 on: December 11, 2020, 08:08:27 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

barton

« Reply #59879 on: December 11, 2020, 08:13:01 PM »

no standing!

SIT TEXAS!

Most of us expected it, and the states right and standing issue seemed obvious from the go, but when Trump packs the court with very conservative justices, who he picked in some respects to throw an election, I wasn't counting my chads prematurely.

I'm waiting for the next storm trooper boot to fall or Trump's next insane tweet

If the My Pillow guy, Kristi Noem, and Mike Flynn are gathering on a stage on The Mall tomorrow,  to promote sedition,  that should get the jackboots stomping.   

The SCt ruling seemed like a no-brainer -- what's really disturbing is how many people who attended law school were willing to pretend it wasn't.   
Pages: 1 ... 3990 3991 [3992] 3993 3994 ... 4288