Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1605673 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Trump's done more to punish Jim Acosta than he has the Saudis
« Reply #6015 on: November 11, 2018, 10:39:45 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #6016 on: November 11, 2018, 10:50:48 PM »

Sorry to interrupt.

Can someone tell me please if there has been even a little bit of "Say What Now?"  Over the Turks having a recording of Kh's khilling? In the Saudi Embassy.

So Turkey has bugged the Saudi embassy? Isn't that against any international law? I know that when the US hired Soviet builders to construct the US Embassy they were SHOCKED to find the whole place like Swiss cheese with microphones everywhere.

But the embassy is supposed to be sovereign territory of the nation, not the host. I just haven't seen any raised eyebrows so I thought I'd ask here.

He went into the embassy with his smart watch mic on transmitting to his smart phone which was being held outside. Not having a teenager or assertive millennial in the hit squad, they didn’t think about that before they went to work. The phone and recording were delivered to Turkish authorities as evidence of a crime.

Alternatively, they knew a record was likely being made and wanted it to get out. The gamble is that the new world alignment would spare them any serious consequences and that the chilling effect would be much greater if people actually hear the screams.

It’s what happens when you let cruel bastards like trump run your country. MBS is a cruel bastard like trump.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 10:55:19 PM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6017 on: November 11, 2018, 11:33:46 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/11/politics/arizona-senate-sinema-mcsally-update/index.html

Even the GOP is backing off from Trump's BS about voter fraud.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6018 on: November 11, 2018, 11:54:21 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/11/politics/arizona-senate-sinema-mcsally-update/index.html

Well, it is now in the Repos interest to count every ballot. McSurly is behind.

We have gone from no Dam winners statewide since Napolitano joined the Obama administration election night to 3 or.4.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #6019 on: November 12, 2018, 02:13:15 AM »

Still do not understand the benefit, if any, of welcoming violent primitives from third world societies. Violence breeds violence?

It’s too late. The Irish are already here.

Or did you mean the Italians?

Both groups came here legally. Proved their worth.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6020 on: November 12, 2018, 04:42:25 AM »

Still do not understand the benefit, if any, of welcoming violent primitives from third world societies. Violence breeds violence?

It’s too late. The Irish are already here.

Or did you mean the Italians?

Both groups came here legally. Proved their worth.

They wouldn’t have had the chance if the authorities then couldn’t see a benefit in welcoming violent primitives from third world societies. There were a lot of dumbasses at the time who wanted to exclude them because “Violence breeds violence”.

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #6021 on: November 12, 2018, 06:47:33 AM »

The argument is not about lawful immigration it is about illegal aliens and ignoring the laws. Asylum does not mean escape from economic distress. Italy and the UK are not third world countries.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #6022 on: November 12, 2018, 07:46:23 AM »

The argument is not about lawful immigration it is about illegal aliens and ignoring the laws. Asylum does not mean escape from economic distress. Italy and the UK are not third world countries.
There is nothing in your argument that you 'Still do not understand the benefit, if any, of welcoming violent primitives from third world societies. Violence breeds violence?" that makes any reference to the legality of entry. In fact, you have made it clear that you oppose the legal entry of those you refer to as "violent primitives" as well.

And just as Italians have proven their worth despite the involvement of a narrow sliver of their people in violent.organized crime, Latinos and Muslims have proven their worth here as well, through their hard work, their peaceful assimilation into society, and their civic involvement.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #6023 on: November 12, 2018, 08:22:10 AM »

The Trump Administration is a pure con-job:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/12/us/politics/north-korea-missile-bases.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

North Korea is moving ahead with its ballistic missile program at 16 hidden bases that have been identified in new commercial satellite images, a network long known to American intelligence agencies but left undiscussed as President Trump claims to have neutralized the North’s nuclear threat.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #6024 on: November 12, 2018, 08:30:04 AM »

Edit-I see I'm late to the party.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/11/10/donald-trump-cancels-visit-wwi-cemetery-ceremony-because-rain/1958788002/

Our Commander in Chief didn't have the decency to pay respects to Americans who died fighting for this country, becasuse it was fucking raining.

Or maybe Putin told him not to go.

Every day Trump manages to disgrace this country.

PARIS – Saturday's rainout of President Donald Trump's visit to a World War I cemetery is drawing catcalls from critics, including Winston Churchill's grandson.

"They died with their face to the foe and that pathetic inadequate Donald Trump couldn’t even defy the weather to pay his respects to The Fallen," said Nicholas Soames, Churchill's grandson and a member of British Parliament.

World leaders gave Trump too much space and legitimacy in the interest of maintaining relations with the US.

Now thanks to the mid-terms they can minimize the damage he is doing to the world by pushing back. Trump does not represent America. He doesn’t even represent the minority of Americans who think he is their representative.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6025 on: November 12, 2018, 09:16:04 AM »

"As long as they have that world view they will be a good judge"

Doesn't say anything about others being poor judges.

You are resolute in not managing to absorb what you read.

This was his answer to the question, "How do you set the criteria that you will use to block those judges?”

It was his answer to if he was New Testament

You have no reasoning and analysis skill.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6026 on: November 12, 2018, 09:17:46 AM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/12/us/politics/north-korea-missile-bases.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

North Korea is moving ahead with its ballistic missile program at 16 hidden bases that have been identified in new commercial satellite images, a network long known to American intelligence agencies but left undiscussed as President Trump claims to have neutralized the North’s nuclear threat.

Seems like stuff that shouldn't be discussed in the press

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6027 on: November 12, 2018, 09:23:03 AM »

Thanks for the update

Morning Joe today praises McSally for her conduct while continuing to criticize Rick Scott for having the gall to say there might be some impropriety in FLA

Says Scott will go to the Seante tarnished should he be victorious
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 09:26:08 AM by kiiidcarter8 »

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #6028 on: November 12, 2018, 09:27:25 AM »

Seems like stuff that shouldn't be discussed in the press
Intelligence leaks are usually calculated. Given Trump is more likely to pay attention to news reports than intelligence briefings, perhaps this is a way to get the news.on Faux and Frauds.

By the way, here is something to think about, with our amateur bumbler on the world stage:

And the sanctions are collapsing, in part because North Korea has leveraged its new, softer-sounding relationship with Washington, and its stated commitment to eventual denuclearization, to resume trade with Russia and China.

Two takeaways from that: Trump has never understood North Korea or the extent to which his scattershot, untethered, unprincipled,  unstuddied "who ever likes me I like" approach echoes in foreign countries.

Second, China and Russia have no respect for, or fear of, Trump.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 09:30:38 AM by whiskeypriest »

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 4288