Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4247 4248 [4249] 4250 4251 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1595164 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #63720 on: January 19, 2021, 04:46:02 PM »

You guys okay with the kind of jackass post that Ham made to Larry or do you think more should be done than deleting it?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63722 on: January 19, 2021, 04:55:12 PM »

You guys okay with the kind of jackass post that Ham made to Larry or do you think more should be done than deleting it?

I don’t think you can look at any one of those recent posts in isolation. The toxic spray must be taken in as a whole, kind of like landscape archeology. That is how you understand contextual significance.

Anything less would be extending Utleyham more white privilege than he really deserves.

As a baseline, I’d go back and replace the content of his last 20 posts on all forums with

THIS POST HAS BEEN DELETED DUE TO ITS AUTHOR’S SCHMUCKY CONDUCT
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #63723 on: January 19, 2021, 04:56:45 PM »

Was two.

Now 12.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/19/politics/national-guard-removed-inauguration-duty/index.html

We haven’t even started to account for the fuckers fascist team trump has burrowed into various agencies.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #63724 on: January 19, 2021, 04:58:33 PM »

My neighbor (shared walk) were literally cheering and clapping at Joe Biden getting into the motorcade.

I mean applause and church shouts

Tomorrow I'm putting out my DC flag.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #63725 on: January 19, 2021, 05:05:39 PM »

In what world does casually tossed-off cruelty count as “sterner stuff?”

For a few weeks there I was really enjoying the fairly reasonable and thoughtful Uno.   Somehow the kraken always finds its way back to the surface.   Yawn. 

barton

« Reply #63726 on: January 19, 2021, 05:10:51 PM »

New First Daughter arrives, in idiotic fashion

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/19/politics/ashley-biden-interview/index.html

But she will use her platform "to advocate for social justice, for mental health, to be involved in community development and revitalization," she said. 

Idiotic!  What next,  improved nutrition for poor children?  Safe water supplies?   Crazy bitch!

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63727 on: January 19, 2021, 05:15:03 PM »

Happy Martin Luther King Day!

But remember when he was murdered April 4, 1968 he was one of the most reviled men in America.

Was he?

Yes.

http://baltimoretimes-online.com/news/2020/feb/07/martin-luther-king-they-love/

Usually an opinion piece such as this, with embedded unsourced "facts" isn't something I'd count as evidence. But, I do like the argument the writer makes. I think idealizing humans does reduce their true nature to one we assign, as oppose to one that is or was.

"Please don’t act like everyone loved my father. He was assassinated. A 1967 poll reflected that he was one of the most hated men in America. Most hated. Many who quote him now and evoke him to deter justice today would likely hate, and may already hate, the authentic King." #MLK

Berniece King

I forgot. Larry doesn't do nuance.

So...who has argued here that MLK was not vilified and loathed by many?

If you make a statement, Larry, you should back it with facts. Barton did that for you with his post. You? Not so much.

But again, the point that was made in the Baltimore link you provided was a good one. Too often we idealize humans, and with great risk of poisoning the well from which wish to drink.

I do think for most Americans today is seen as a "black holiday".

Sad to say, but likely true for most Americans.

Even so, King's legacy plays out in different ways----just ask Kamala Harris on Wednesday. Or the new black Senator from Georgia.

Then again, don't ask the ADL, who is keenly aware of the actions and words and plans of Ya'll Quaeda. They aren't feeling the love from Americans today anymore than MLK did then.

Yeah...

What the fuck does she know?

She knows what she's been told. She's only 57.

Not sure why you'd miss the larger point other than for the convenience of avoiding real discussion.

Real discussion?

About some bullshit you feel the need to spread?

Fuck that.

My energies lie elsewhere.

Oh, so you think Ms. King had her finger on the pulse of America at age 4.

Yes, put your energies into making sense.

Do you think she remained four (She was five when her father was murdered) intellectually and emotionally?

I think she has a better handle on the history of her family than you.

Have a seat and let it go.
It is almost like you have not been posting with Uno for years. Let it go. Heh.
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #63728 on: January 19, 2021, 05:21:13 PM »

Gavin Newsom 

1hr
 · 

Tackling the climate crisis head on. Building a more affordable healthcare system for all. Others are talking about it -- we are doing it. It's no wonder the new Administration is using CA's progressivism as their roadmap to success.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2021-01-17/make-america-california-again-how-biden-will-try

==========

While California does have a lot to offer by way of being a role model for our nation, we need to work together as a team as a country, and we need the New York Stock Exchange and The Bank of New York, etc, and each area brings something to the table.

But on issues such as healthcare, California has had everyone covered on healthcare for the last 20 years. I have been saying that the USA could just copy Orange County, California, on healthcare and everyone would be covered.

Though California has been slow to address issues such as losing jobs to China, and California has been slow to deal with the issue of homelessness, and on the issue of drug addiction, and on some other issues. Federal money can help California, and we need to keep some of California's money local instead of sending it to Washington DC.

The rest of the USA could also learn from the new Wellness Center in Orange, and also the Mental Health Association in Santa Ana is doing a great job. We also have programs where mental health experts are sent in to deal with mental health issues instead of sending in cops with guns, sometimes lethal force is not needed.

Anaheim is also wise in that the citizens of the city own the electric company, and we sell electricity to Disneyland, etc, and some of the money goes towards helping the homeless people, etc.

The USA also needs high speed trains. California is leading the way on high speed trains. The route between Lancaster and Los Angeles needs to be built soon. And the route between Las Vegas and Anaheim needs to happen soon. There can also be a route between New York City and Washington DC.

The USA can learn a lot from California, but the USA is a united nation, and we all bring something to the table.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #63729 on: January 19, 2021, 05:29:09 PM »

Right on Tony!

On another good note,

http://www.vox.com/2021/1/19/22239074/affordable-clean-energy-rule-vacated-trump-court-climate-change-obama-biden

More proof that there are no good arguments for the republican position on anything.

Trump can’t stop recording losses. It’s beautiful.

Richard P. Feynman

barton

« Reply #63730 on: January 19, 2021, 05:37:34 PM »

Broken clock....

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Trump administration has determined that China has committed “genocide and crimes against humanity” by repressing Uighur Muslims in its Xinjiang region, U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said on Tuesday, in an embarrassing blow to Beijing a day before President-elect Joe Biden is set to take office....

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #63731 on: January 19, 2021, 05:52:19 PM »

my no1 morning radio host just now:
"The many good things he did during his presidency outweighed the silly tweets.
 Unfortunately his legacy will be tarnished by recent events."
Go woke, go broke.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63732 on: January 19, 2021, 06:06:37 PM »

I'd love to sit in on one of your classes, Josh. You're so, uh..."fair and balanced" in your views.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #63733 on: January 19, 2021, 06:07:21 PM »

My neighbor (shared walk) were literally cheering and clapping at Joe Biden getting into the motorcade.

I mean applause and church shouts

Tomorrow I'm putting out my DC flag.

You earned it

Enjoy the day
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63734 on: January 19, 2021, 06:08:38 PM »

I don’t think you can look at any one of those recent posts in isolation. The toxic spray must be taken in as a whole, kind of like landscape archeology. That is how you understand contextual significance.

Anything less would be extending Utleyham more white privilege than he really deserves.

As a baseline, I’d go back and replace the content of his last 20 posts on all forums with

THIS POST HAS BEEN DELETED DUE TO ITS AUTHOR’S SCHMUCKY CONDUCT

Says the bigot, who throws nothing but personal attack after personal attack on the board thinking that what he has to say actually matters to anyone.

Heh
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.
Pages: 1 ... 4247 4248 [4249] 4250 4251 ... 4288