Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583958 times)

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #855 on: August 17, 2018, 03:13:15 PM »

Forget eliminating forum's. I want.to eliminate.the "Total Time Logged In" feature. Every Time I look at it I think, Jesus, I'm a.pathetic loser.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #856 on: August 17, 2018, 03:15:16 PM »

Don't you still have to pay for it?  I think that's Kid's issue, rather than hiding his whereabouts.

I don't know that it works in explorer.

I use Google Chrome and can read Wash Po articles via "open link in incognito window." 
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #857 on: August 17, 2018, 03:21:07 PM »

Judge Ellis of the Manafort trial is receiving threats against him, and is forced to use US Marshal protection outside of the courthouse.  This when if anything, his actions as judge have hurt the prosecution. He is keeping juror info sealed, for fear of threats being leveled against the jurors.  Already, there is talk about a potential mistrial, if the jurors feel too intimidated to rule against him.

This is the justice system in Trump's America.

Irony is of course that if there is a mistrial, Trump will trumpet the results as proof that Mueller's investigation is biased,  when Trump is the one creating the anti-justice dept overly politicized and lawless atmosphere that made having a fair trial so difficult.

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #858 on: August 17, 2018, 03:54:17 PM »

Don't you still have to pay for it?  I think that's Kid's issue, rather than hiding his whereabouts.

I don't know that it works in explorer.

I use Google Chrome and can read Wash Po articles via "open link in incognito window."
Fair enough.  I know nothing about this stuff.  I still prefer an Underwood manual typewriter  truth be told.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

barton

« Reply #859 on: August 17, 2018, 05:00:21 PM »

Incognito modes set the article counter back to zero,  so if you visit sites that provide 5 free per month, then you get in.   WaPo and NYT provide 5. 

I cast another vote to eliminate the total time logged feature,  for the reason Whiskery priest mentioned. 

One of my worst habits generally is calling any kind of goofing off "research." 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #860 on: August 17, 2018, 05:33:50 PM »

The GOP voters embraced it, despite this: "On May 29, 2018, the California Republican Party and the Republican Jewish Coalition issued a joint statement condemning Fitzgerald and his run for U.S. Congress, urging voters to reject his campaign."

Republicans issued this right before the vote...after having giving him their endorsement...after never looking into why the Democrats didn't endorse him in 2010 or 2012...because of a party rule that gives an automatic endorsement to anyone with an (R) next to their name.

As you said, party of stupid.

BTW, I would bet that many if not most of the Replican voters who cast their ballot for Fitzgerald don't regret it, and will do so again in the general.  Notable not because I think they share his views, but because the GOP has become so partisan and tribal that they would rather vote for an anti-semite than a Democrat.

so......

make your case for the Democrat in the race

What do you like about him/her?

Total hatred of Trump has to be one factor, right?

And you paint us as inflexible....

heh

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #861 on: August 17, 2018, 05:41:38 PM »

Try being nice when you have shit thrown at you from every direction

"Little Marco"
"Crooked Hillary"
"Lying Ted"
"Low Energy Jeb"
"Crazy Bernie"
"Sleepy Chuck Todd"
"Crazy Megyn"

When you are throwing shit in every direction and have been for years, you should not be surprised when shit starts coming back your way.

Those were only from before his election - he's done a bunch more since. The Chuck Todd nickname goes back to 2011, I believe.

Add to those his racial epithets and insults and you have an equal opportunity target!

But, but..... he started it, Mom.

Weak sauce

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: August 17, 2018, 05:43:36 PM »

Kid, you and the other remaining GOP hacks are too flexible, with no fixed principles just a love of crime and tyranny and a need to debase and degrade the American identity.

It’s why you must be inflexibly and universally opposed.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #863 on: August 17, 2018, 05:53:36 PM »

Try being nice when you have shit thrown at you from every direction

"Little Marco"
"Crooked Hillary"
"Lying Ted"
"Low Energy Jeb"
"Crazy Bernie"
"Sleepy Chuck Todd"
"Crazy Megyn"

When you are throwing shit in every direction and have been for years, you should not be surprised when shit starts coming back your way.

Those were only from before his election - he's done a bunch more since. The Chuck Todd nickname goes back to 2011, I believe.

Add to those his racial epithets and insults and you have an equal opportunity target!

But, but..... he started it, Mom.

Weak sauce

LOL, but that was the very premise of your first post!  That Trump was only not nice because people weren't nice to him.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #864 on: August 17, 2018, 05:56:08 PM »

The GOP voters embraced it, despite this: "On May 29, 2018, the California Republican Party and the Republican Jewish Coalition issued a joint statement condemning Fitzgerald and his run for U.S. Congress, urging voters to reject his campaign."

Republicans issued this right before the vote...after having giving him their endorsement...after never looking into why the Democrats didn't endorse him in 2010 or 2012...because of a party rule that gives an automatic endorsement to anyone with an (R) next to their name.

As you said, party of stupid.

BTW, I would bet that many if not most of the Replican voters who cast their ballot for Fitzgerald don't regret it, and will do so again in the general.  Notable not because I think they share his views, but because the GOP has become so partisan and tribal that they would rather vote for an anti-semite than a Democrat.

so......

make your case for the Democrat in the race

What do you like about him/her?

Total hatred of Trump has to be one factor, right?

And you paint us as inflexible....

heh

Sorry, what?

The Democrat in the race is running against a holocaust denying anti-semite.  Next to that you decry "hatred of Trump?"

You realize you prove the point, yes?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #865 on: August 17, 2018, 06:49:03 PM »

Kid, you and the other remaining GOP hacks are too flexible, with no fixed principles just a love of crime and tyranny and a need to debase and degrade the American identity.

Blow me.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #866 on: August 17, 2018, 07:15:23 PM »

Pretty impressive. You've still got 270 characters to go.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

barton

« Reply #867 on: August 17, 2018, 07:52:45 PM »

Pretty impressive. You've still got 270 characters to go.

Damn.   You made me choke on my beverage.   

Kid,  you understand that people are opposed to Trump's policies and conduct for well-considered reasons,  right?   It's not just personal hatred.   But keep reducing the thinking of those with whom you disagree to irrational hate...that sophistry seems to work for Trump.  Much easier than reasoned dialog.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #868 on: August 17, 2018, 08:28:17 PM »

Donald Trump understands;

There are about 1600 coal-fired power stations either under construction or planned, in 62 countries around the world.
Something like 583 in China, 273 in India, many in Japan, etc.
Yes, everyone's dancin' "coal"!

They've seen the folly of 'Paris' and the climate change/global warming folly.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: August 17, 2018, 08:44:21 PM »

Blow me.

If you associate with America’s criminal underclass, the republicans, that’s what people are bound to conclude.

Be flattered that someone has been reading your posts, is paying attention, and now knows you well enough to articulate the core of your philosophy.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 4288