Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1713 1714 [1715] 1716 1717 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1605164 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #25710 on: January 02, 2020, 03:34:48 AM »

They're taking your country away...mocking the dead Americans who saved Iraqis from Saddam

We had to destroy the country to save it.

Before we hanged him, I used to say that if I were Iraqi I would vote for Saddam.  Sure he was a dictator, and did some nasty stuff to enemies, but things were much better than the wreckage we caused and left behind.  I mean, Holy Hell those folks are still enduring freedom. 

We not only bombed the hell out of them, occupied them with force, but also sparked two civil wars, one of which jumped the border and took over nearly half of Syria.  The numbers of dead, displaced, disappeared or rotting in jails is monstrous. 

Not to mention that we overthrew a secular gov't and put combustible religion into politics there.  Aided Iranian regional power, by kicking out the Baathists and then fomenting ethnic cleansing by keeping the Sunnis out of the army.  Not to mention all the lost American treasure and prestige (Abu Ghraib anyone?)

By now, basically everyone agrees that the Iraq War and Saddam overthrow was the worst US foreign policy decision ever.  It was also an illegal unnecessary war started under false pretenses.  Seems another of those Die For Oil Sucka wars.  And die for military contractors profits.

Yeah, Iraq was saved from Saddam and cast directly into a US-sponsored version of Hell.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #25711 on: January 02, 2020, 05:04:36 AM »

Explicitly non-Christian nation?
Only in theory.

No, Bambi.

In LAW.

In law, but not in the real world.

Spoken like somebody from a country with a god-chosen monarch.

Don't you just love her.
So Christian.
So Head of State.
Australia, legally secular, ...but in reality a Christian country still. Same as America.

Just say it’s a white nation...

It used to be a white nation.
It sure isn't now.
Now there are foreign flags being waved everywhere as many immigrants wave the flags of their countries...and Black folks have their own flag/s;

https://australianmuseum.net.au/learn/cultures/atsi-collection/cultural-objects/indigenous-australia-flags/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8tCUgtzk5gIVyDUrCh28LAfMEAAYASAAEgKoC_D_BwE

#####

Seems to be;

National flag;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Australia

Indigenous "Flags of Australia' 2 flags as above.

The 3 of them flown together now in many/most places....or just the National flag and the red/yellow/black Aboriginal flag flown together.
Sure looks like voluntary 'apartheid' to many...two flags, two races, two nations.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/blogs/andrew-bolt/the-apartheid-project-nrl-all-stars-consider-banning-national-anthem/news-story/6b9305f42878e7020d6cc23b509212e9

« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 05:54:34 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #25712 on: January 02, 2020, 05:19:34 AM »

They're taking your country away...mocking the dead Americans who saved Iraqis from Saddam

Before we hanged him, I used to say that if I were Iraqi I would vote for Saddam.  Sure he was a dictator, and did some nasty stuff to enemies, but things were much better than the wreckage we caused and left behind.  I mean, Holy Hell those folks are still enduring freedom. 

We not only bombed the hell out of them, occupied them with force, but also sparked two civil wars, one of which jumped the border and took over nearly half of Syria.  The numbers of dead, displaced, disappeared or rotting in jails is monstrous. 

Not to mention that we overthrew a secular gov't and put combustible religion into politics there.  Aided Iranian regional power, by kicking out the Baathists and then fomenting ethnic cleansing by keeping the Sunnis out of the army.  Not to mention all the lost American treasure and prestige (Abu Ghraib anyone?)

By now, basically everyone agrees that the Iraq War and Saddam overthrow was the worst US foreign policy decision ever.  It was also an illegal unnecessary war started under false pretenses.  Seems another of those Die For Oil Sucka wars.  And die for military contractors profits.

Yeah, Iraq was saved from Saddam and cast directly into a US-sponsored version of Hell.

US got sick of him.
Sick of his invading other countries, and pretending to.... by massing his military on the borders.
Abu Ghraib was allegedly 'Standard Operating Procedure'...I have the book of the same name.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 05:22:01 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #25713 on: January 02, 2020, 06:14:18 AM »

US got sick of him.
Sick of his invading other countries, and pretending to.... by massing his military on the borders.
Abu Ghraib was allegedly 'Standard Operating Procedure'...I have the book of the same name.

JFC...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #25714 on: January 02, 2020, 06:15:57 AM »

Cobargo residents want to kick Morrison’s ass...

The video of him forcing a woman to shake his hand will last forever...

https://www.9news.com.au/national/scott-morrison-cobargo-tour-hastily-moves-on-as-residents-express-anger/98f2b3ff-e648-4e65-a84d-f5273d5e930e
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

oilcan

« Reply #25715 on: January 02, 2020, 10:25:15 AM »

http://www.bom.gov.au/state-of-the-climate/

A report from Bambam's government on why and how Australia is warming and some areas drying.   

barton

« Reply #25716 on: January 02, 2020, 12:26:51 PM »

But but radio host!!

Meanwhile, vote purging and its impartial and nonpartisan focus on Democratic districts....

https://apnews.com/ea39036616cb894830236e091ab4bb08

Guess what sort of people don't always answer mail from the election commission?  Yep, lower income members of the working class who are, erm, kind of busy. 

barton

« Reply #25717 on: January 02, 2020, 01:13:55 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/transportation/2020/01/02/drones-are-swarming-over-colorado-nebraska-night-authorities-say-they-have-no-idea-why/

At the risk of aligning myself with Cliven Bundy, why exactly is it a federal crime to shoot down a drone buzzing your property?

I would construct a potato gun, which is not legally a firearm, and requires only some hairspray and a bit of PVC drainpipe.  As they say in France:

C'est la vie, c'est la guerre, c'est la pomme de terre!

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #25718 on: January 02, 2020, 01:42:25 PM »

No one sells books at the train station, you could make money with a bookstore selling books and magazines at the train station in Los Angeles, and it would be good for all of the stations, including in Lancaster and in Fullerton.

And Anaheim needs a Barnes and Noble, the only thing is that they need to be smart and have a Spanish section as a large percentage of our people are Latino.

People love books, and there needs to be more bookstores.

And I need to get my poetry book published and into the bookstores.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #25719 on: January 02, 2020, 01:49:47 PM »

Drip, drip, drip...

Earlier in the day on Aug. 30, President Donald Trump met with Defense Secretary Mark Esper and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo to discuss the president’s hold on $391 million in military assistance for Ukraine. Inside the Trump administration, panic was reaching fever pitch about the president’s funding hold, which had stretched on for two months. Days earlier, POLITICO had broken the story and questions were starting to pile up. U.S. defense contractors were worried about delayed contracts and officials in Kyiv and lawmakers on Capitol Hill wanted to know what on earth was going on. While Trump’s national security team thought withholding the money went against U.S. national security interests, Trump still wouldn’t budge.

Thanks to the testimony of several Trump administration officials, we now know what Trump was waiting on: a commitment from Ukraine to investigate Joe Biden.

https://www.justsecurity.org/67863/exclusive-unredacted-ukraine-documents-reveal-extent-of-pentagons-legal-concerns/

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25720 on: January 02, 2020, 01:50:12 PM »

No one sells books at the train station, you could make money with a bookstore selling books and magazines at the train station in Los Angeles, and it would be good for all of the stations, including in Lancaster and in Fullerton.

And Anaheim needs a Barnes and Noble, the only thing is that they need to be smart and have a Spanish section as a large percentage of our people are Latino.

People love books, and there needs to be more bookstores.

And I need to get my poetry book published and into the bookstores.

Salute,

Tony V.
Maybe they could.sell buggy whips too.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25721 on: January 02, 2020, 01:55:38 PM »

Do they make good bookmarks? I haven’t seen one in a while...

The Australian apartheid wasn’t voluntary and hasn’t ended. But Oz has hotter topics to deal with right now.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #25722 on: January 02, 2020, 02:05:52 PM »

Guess what sort of people don't always answer mail from the election commission?  Yep, lower income members of the working class who are, erm, kind of busy.

I haven't seen any, but I read one interesting article that claimed the electoral mailers were purposely designed to look like junk mail. . .
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #25723 on: January 02, 2020, 02:29:34 PM »

But but radio host!!

Meanwhile, vote purging and its impartial and nonpartisan focus on Democratic districts....

https://apnews.com/ea39036616cb894830236e091ab4bb08

The GOP is in its death throes...

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25724 on: January 02, 2020, 02:59:48 PM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 1713 1714 [1715] 1716 1717 ... 4288