Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1728 1729 [1730] 1731 1732 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1985495 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #25935 on: January 06, 2020, 03:08:12 PM »

The US already left Iraq once and was invited back in to fight ISIS and train the Iraqi military. 
A misrepresentation of actual events.
Obama pulled out US Troops in 2011 and used the phrase “ the tide of war is receding” during his re-election campaign.
While we were gone the Islamic State grew in Iraq and Obama HAD to return the troops lest the jihadists take over Baghdad. Obama’s blunder was trying to appease Iran and it was certainly a big mistake.

Uh, W Bush agreed on a US withdrawal because Iraq was no longer willing to give US troops immunity for any atrocities and crimes they committed in Iraq.  The withdrawal was completed under O.

O returned US troops to Iraq at the invitation of the gov't after the army collapsed mostly without a fight in the North.

There was no appeasement of Iran in the withdrawal that W Bush agreed to and Obama implemented.
Spin it any way that makes you feel better.
The decision to pull troops out of Iraq in 2011 was a disastrous one and only fueled Iranian meddling to the point Obama had to send troops back.
Iran meddling? Iran has nothing to do with ISIS. ISIS, like al Qaeda, is radical Sunni.

And the date of the pull out was based on the terminal date from the SoFA negotiated by Bush. Iraq was not willing to negotiate a new one.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #25936 on: January 06, 2020, 03:10:10 PM »

Farah Pahlavi - فرح پهلوی
1 hr ·

In connection with the attack on Iranian cultural works.

Unfortunately, the Islamic Republic has done serious damage to Iran's cultural heritage in the past 40 years. The cultural works of nations belong to human history and culture, especially a few thousand years of Iran's culture and art, which has presented the first announcement of human rights to the world in Cyrus the great.

The ancient culture of Iran has been able to pass the dark tunnel of time with its natural peace and being transferred to today, regardless of the political differences of the government.

In these black years, the great nation of Iran has asked for peace, peace and freedom with its ancient history and culture.
By rely on this national demand and protecting and protecting the cultural works of Iran that the world political leaders can have the friendship and solidarity of the Iranian nation.

I hope that our beloved homeland will find its worthy place in the great world family.

---------------------------

Queen Farah Pahlava, and Mahlagha Jaberi, can help as we work to transform Iran into a peaceful and wonderful place. Ivanka Trump can help too, and the Persians in Beverly Hills can help.

Salute,

Tony V.
Iran will welcome the Pahlavis back right after I score that second date with Zooey Deschanel. I cannot figure out if you are a naive fool or a total idiot.
A parrot bit me.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #25937 on: January 06, 2020, 03:11:56 PM »

3 US citizens killed by terrorists in Kenya by Al Qaeda affiliate.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/05/politics/us-service-member-civilian-defense-contractors-killed-kenya/index.html

And we also have the US declaration that we are ceasing our efforts against ISIS for the time being, while we prepare for action with the Iranian forces.
https://www.airforcemag.com/us-suspends-anti-isis-operations-iraq-parliament-calls-for-american-forces-to-leave/

What could go wrong?!

Oh, wait - it's Obama's fault!
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/01/05/pompeo-blames-obama-iran-situation/2818151001/

Pompeo is out of his fucking mind.

Some people believe that Mr Pompeo is only doing the bidding of the real bosses of America's security group.
Some people believe that this applies to President Trump also.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 03:31:13 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #25938 on: January 06, 2020, 03:15:12 PM »

1 hr ·

Unfortunately, the Islamic Republic has done serious damage to Iran's cultural heritage in the past 40 years. The cultural works of nations belong to human history and culture, especially a few thousand years of Iran's culture and art, which has presented the first announcement of human rights to the world in Cyrus the great.

The ancient culture of Iran has been able to pass the dark tunnel of time with its natural peace and being transferred to today, regardless of the political differences of the government.

In these black years, the great nation of Iran has asked for peace, peace and freedom with its ancient history and culture.
By rely on this national demand and protecting and protecting the cultural works of Iran that the world political leaders can have the friendship and solidarity of the Iranian nation.

I hope that our beloved homeland will find its worthy place in the great world family.

Queen Farah Pahlava, and Mahlagha Jaberi, can help as we work to transform Iran into a peaceful and wonderful place. Ivanka Trump can help too, and the Persians in Beverly Hills can help.

Salute,

Tony V.
Iran will welcome the Pahlavis back right after I score that second date with Zooey Deschanel. I cannot figure out if you are a naive fool or a total idiot.

Tony just wants the best for everyone in the world...as does 'Gracie Hart' of the FBI...'world peace'.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25939 on: January 06, 2020, 03:23:58 PM »

The US already left Iraq once and was invited back in to fight ISIS and train the Iraqi military. 
Obama pulled out US Troops in 2011 and used the phrase “ the tide of war is receding” during his re-election campaign.
While we were gone the Islamic State grew in Iraq and Obama HAD to return the troops lest the jihadists take over Baghdad. Obama’s blunder was trying to appease Iran and it was certainly a big mistake.

Uh, W Bush agreed on a US withdrawal because Iraq was no longer willing to give US troops immunity for any atrocities and crimes they committed in Iraq.  The withdrawal was completed under O.

O returned US troops to Iraq at the invitation of the gov't after the army collapsed mostly without a fight in the North.

There was no appeasement of Iran in the withdrawal that W Bush agreed to and Obama implemented.

aka: "You're right, but I cannot admit it. So, I will focus on a different point than the one I had been trying to make and pretend that was my purpose all along."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #25940 on: January 06, 2020, 03:30:08 PM »

Iraqi parliament tells USA to get the fuck out...

We shall do what is best for US, not what is best for them.

So much for rule of law, respecting other governments, etc.

And no, we have been doing anything but what is best for US, Kid.

Like threatening World Heritage sites is "good for US." It's a war crime, but you like torture, too, so nobody should be surprised if/when you endorse that threat, too.

We know Bambi will.

Whatever it takes...with few exceptions...such exceptions to be decided as the 'war on terror' rolls on.

Hmmm. Maybe capture an Iranian Ayatollah, toss him into a prison cell, give him 3 blankets to use for everything, and feed him on mouse droppings, as Iran is doing to the flower of Aussie womanhood academic it has in its prison from hell.
Terror and torture.

Respecting other govts?
Some don't deserve respect...and should not get it.

Them or us.
I choose us.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #25941 on: January 06, 2020, 03:43:15 PM »

1 hr ·

Salute,

Tony V.

Tony just wants the best for everyone in the world...as does 'Gracie Hart' of the FBI...'world peace'.

Doing the right thing is often the hard way, but none the less you must do the right thing.

And certainly the good people must outnumber the bad in Iran, it cannot be all bad. We just need for the good people to rise up and do what is right.

And Bambu is right, I want world peace.

Also remember that Poland got their freedom peacefully, it took a long time, but Lech Walesa and his people won freedom without firing a shot. And then the Berlin Wall fell, on my Birthday in 1989, November 9th, 1989. Over 300,000,000 people won their freedom and improved human rights, and it happened peacefully. Iran can change peacefully as well.

The good people just need to rise up and take over. All that evil needs to succeed is for the good people to do nothing, so the good people need to rise up and get rid of the evil, and fix their nation. If the good people join together as a team, with support from wealthy Persians globally, including help from Persians in Beverly Hills, and with help from Queen Farah, and with help from Mahlagha Jaberi, it can all happen peacefully. We just need to support the good people in Iran, we need to give them money and support. We need to propel our allies upward in their society. And we need for their movie stars to be our people, etc.

And we can make movies in Turkey for distribution in the Muslim world. And we can have radio stations broadcasting there, etc.

Everything can happen peacefully. There is no need for mass blood-shed.. We need to be like Lech Walesa in Poland, everything can happen peacefully.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 04:14:02 PM by FlyingVProd »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25942 on: January 06, 2020, 03:48:06 PM »

Like threatening World Heritage sites is "good for US." It's a war crime, but you like torture, too, so nobody should be surprised if/when you endorse that threat, too.

We know Bambi will.

Whatever it takes...with few exceptions...such exceptions to be decided as the 'war on terror' rolls on.

Hmmm. Maybe capture an Iranian Ayatollah, toss him into a prison cell, give him 3 blankets to use for everything, and feed him on mouse droppings, as Iran is doing to the flower of Aussie womanhood academic it has in its prison from hell.
Terror and torture.

Respecting other govts?

Them or us.
I choose us.

"Whatever it takes" was Hitler's position, too.

And no, it isn't "them or us." False dichotomy.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #25943 on: January 06, 2020, 04:02:25 PM »

The decision to pull troops out of Iraq in 2011 was a disastrous one and only fueled Iranian meddling to the point Obama had to send troops back.
Iran meddling? Iran has nothing to do with ISIS. ISIS, like al Qaeda, is radical Sunni.

Shiite militias are armed by Iran whose  strategic goal is making Iraq its political and military subsidiary.
And the date of the pull out was based on the terminal date from the SoFA negotiated by Bush. Iraq was not willing to negotiate a new one.
LOL. Obama was hell bent on winning re-election, not in keeping jihadists out of Bahgdad much to the delight of Iran.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 04:04:13 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #25944 on: January 06, 2020, 04:05:47 PM »

"You're right, but I cannot admit it. So, I will focus on a different point than the one I had been trying to make and pretend that was my purpose all along."
Your Mea Culpa is duly noted.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #25945 on: January 06, 2020, 04:17:24 PM »

We know Bambi will.

Terror and torture.

Respecting other govts?

Them or us.
I choose us.

"Whatever it takes" was Hitler's position, too.

And no, it isn't "them or us." False dichotomy.

It sure seems like "them or us".
"Death to America" is in essence "Death to America's Allies" as well, which include Australia.

This week a bounty on Trump's head, what will it be next week, a bounty on ScoMo's head?  a bounty on Trudeau's head? a bounty on Ardern's [Jacinda Ardern NZ Prime Minister] head?  a bounty on British leaders' heads?  a bounty on the Queen's head? [now that would get the 50 Commonwealth of Nations countries interested bigtime].
Britain, NZ, Canada, Australia...all in the "Five Eyes" intelligence group with, and staunch allies of, the USA.
Australia also has a security alliance with nuke-armed France.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 04:20:04 PM by bambu. »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #25946 on: January 06, 2020, 04:22:56 PM »

Shiite militias are armed by Iran whose  strategic goal is making Iraq its political and military subsidiary.
LOL. Obama was hell bent on winning re-election, not in keeping jihadists out of Bahgdad much to the delight of Iran.
Shiite militias are not what drew us back into Iraq. But if you are concerned with Iraq becoming a client state of Iran, congratulations! Our amateur President has just gone a long way to making that happen.

And it was polite of Bush to negotiate a terminal date for the SoFA that coincided with Obama's reelection plan! I note you do not, and cannot, dispute the underlying facts: Bush negotiated the date, and Iraq would not renegotiate it.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #25947 on: January 06, 2020, 04:25:37 PM »

1 hr ·

Salute,

Tony V.

Doing the right thing is often the hard way, but none the less you must do the right thing.

And certainly the good people must outnumber the bad in Iran, it cannot be all bad. We just need for the good people to rise up and do what is right.

And Bambu is right, I want world peace.

Also remember that Poland got their freedom peacefully, it took a long time, but Lech Walesa and his people won freedom without firing a shot. And then the Berlin Wall fell, on my Birthday in 1989, November 9th, 1989. Over 300,000,000 people won their freedom and improved human rights, and it happened peacefully. Iran can change peacefully as well.

The good people just need to rise up and take over. All that evil needs to succeed is for the good people to do nothing, so the good people need to rise up and get rid of the evil, and fix their nation. If the good people join together as a team, with support from wealthy Persians globally, including help from Persians in Beverly Hills, and with help from Queen Farah, and with help from Mahlagha Jaberi, it can all happen peacefully. We just need to support the good people in Iran, we need to give them money and support. We need to propel our allies upward in their society. And we need for their movie stars to be our people, etc.

And we can make movies in Turkey for distribution in the Muslim world. And we can have radio stations broadcasting there, etc.

Everything can happen peacefully. There is no need for mass blood-shed.. We need to be like Lech Walesa in Poland, everything can happen peacefully.

Salute,

Tony V.
It is not your hope. It is your plan that is either hopelessly naive or plain stupid.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #25948 on: January 06, 2020, 04:26:33 PM »

1 hr ·

Salute,

Tony V.

You, though I have no doubt about. You are a total idiot.
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #25949 on: January 06, 2020, 04:42:33 PM »

Shiite militias are not what drew us back into Iraq. But if you are concerned with Iraq becoming a client state of Iran, congratulations! Our amateur President has just gone a long way to making that happen.

And it was polite of Bush to negotiate a terminal date for the SoFA that coincided with Obama's reelection plan! I note you do not, and cannot, dispute the underlying facts: Bush negotiated the date, and Iraq would not renegotiate it.
No. Obama was more than happy to use that as an excuse.
And it backfired.
Pages: 1 ... 1728 1729 [1730] 1731 1732 ... 4288