Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1753 1754 [1755] 1756 1757 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1984891 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #26310 on: January 13, 2020, 03:19:40 PM »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7881661/PIERS-MORGAN-playing-despicable-race-card-Meghan-Harry-libeled-Britain.html

PIERS MORGAN: Meghan and Harry haven’t been criticized because of her color but because she’s a selfish social climber and he’s a weak whiner - and by playing this despicable race card they have grossly libeled all of Britain.

#####

It's what one person thinks.
There could be more who think like that.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26311 on: January 13, 2020, 03:23:19 PM »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7881661/PIERS-MORGAN-playing-despicable-race-card-Meghan-Harry-libeled-Britain.html

PIERS MORGAN: Meghan and Harry haven’t been criticized because of her color but because she’s a selfish social climber and he’s a weak whiner - and by playing this despicable race card they have grossly libeled all of Britain.

#####

It's what one person thinks.
There could be more who think like that.
Well, yes, more think like that. That is the sad problem. Piers Morgan is not the only racist idiot in the world.
A parrot bit me.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #26312 on: January 13, 2020, 03:49:58 PM »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #26313 on: January 13, 2020, 04:28:38 PM »

Bloomers doesn't get on the list until he eats a corn dog.

Meanwhile, Bambu spotted foraging for free produce in the national park, kicking wallabies out of his way....

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-australia-bushfires-wildlife/koalas-wallabies-endangered-by-australia-bushfires-ecological-disaster-idUSKBN1ZC0DS?il=0

In a mission dubbed Operation Rock Wallaby, national park staff used helicopters to air drop thousands of kilos of carrots and sweet potatoes to brush-tailed rock wallabies in remote areas of New South Wales state.

“The provision of supplementary food is one of the key strategies we are deploying to promote the survival and recovery of endangered species like the brush-tailed rock wallaby,” NSW environment minister Matt Kean said.

“The wallabies typically survive the fire itself, but are then left stranded with limited natural food as the fire takes out the vegetation around their rocky habitat.”

Don't like carrots and sweet potatoes.
Wouldn't steal food from the hungry Wallabies.   "Thou shalt not steal"....stealing from terrorists should be ok.

As luck would have it, bambu's gamble, …..after much real estate market research both from tv programs and attending auctions for several years in person, …..of borrowing money, tastefully renovating his house, holding his nerve having been made pre-auction offers[what he considered not enough, gotta get his money back, and be able to buy into retirement complex plus have money left over for food and bills into the future]...paid off.

As he'd hoped, some people of the huge crowd on the front lawn [the lawn was lush green, the flowers in bloom, sunny day, bambu's own
hand-picked auctioneer] were serious bidders who wanted the "one owner, first time offered to the market" home.

bambu hid in the backyard [with friends for comforting if it all turned to mush].
He set a reserve price needed to get the 'food and bills' money.
mrs bambu watched it all, would be relaying the news, good or bad.
Buyers, not wanting to part with their money, made very low offers to start with, hoping the "silly old White man who owns the house" would sell it for a song. 'Silly old White man' not as dumb as he looks. 'Can't be greedy, gotta meet the market' all very nice, but what is the 'market' said he...and set the reserve price he needed.

Auctioneer, ...young, polite, sharp, voice everyone can hear, firm... told the bidders: "You're not going to get it for that".
The bidding went on for ages, bambu almost a nervous wreck in the backyard.
Then finally the reserve was reached...unbeknown to bidders..
An excited mrs bambu relayed the news.
Owners have to then declare the home "on the market", or sell to highest bidder...can do either/both.

"On the market", "this home will be sold today", "it's no good coming back tomorrow and looking, you will have missed out"...said auctioneer.
The bidders sitting and waiting to see the state of play, then came out of the woodwork.
Up and up went the bids, finally a youngish Indian man and Youngish Chinese man were left.... "You only need two" bambu knew from attending auctions.
One man stopped bidding, the other the winner.
Team bambu rejoiced..."food and bill money we have!"
Gotta love those legal immigrants.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 05:09:21 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #26314 on: January 13, 2020, 05:08:19 PM »

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/couple-spark-outrage-after-they-fly-a-nazi-flag-above-their-home-but-authorities-are-powerless-to-stop-them/ar-BBYUz0m?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000

Couple spark outrage after they fly a Nazi flag above their home - but authorities are powerless to stop them

A Victorian couple have sparked outrage after flying a Nazi flag above their home, but authorities are powerless to stop them.
Residents in Beulah, north-west of Melbourne, have repeatedly complained about the red and black flag with a swastika.

The home was bought in 2019 by the couple, who defended flying the flag due to the female's German heritage.

Yarriambiack Shire Council chief executive Jessie Holmes said there is nothing they can do.

© Provided by Daily MailResidents in Beulah, north-west of Melbourne, have complained about a couple flying a red and black Nazi flag with a swastika above their property (stock image)

'What the flag represents is not in line with the values of council and we are disappointed it is causing offence in the community,' she told The Age.

'However, we don't have a particular level or provision that enables us to act on that.'

The chairman of the Anti-Defamation Commission Dr Dvir Abramovich was disgusted that someone would willingly fly a Nazi flag in Australia.

'The flying of the Nazi flag in the skies of our nation is like plunging a dagger in the heart of Holocaust survivors and spitting in the face of the Diggers who fought to defeat Hitler and his genocidal regime,' Dr Abramovich said.

#####

Of course anyone who were to go around there and make that flag disappear, would attract the ire of law enforcement and could be tossed in prison.

barton

« Reply #26315 on: January 13, 2020, 05:46:40 PM »

https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007/s00376-020-9283-7.pdf

Details and data on warming oceans.  No partisan spin - just the study in a peer-reviewed science journal.
The entire concept of "peer review" is an elitist liberal plot. The conclusions of a few accountants,  retirees, housewives and middle managers, armed with unverified internet articles written by laymen five years ago, or radio host opinions, is better than all your stupid "scientists" and their "scientifically verifiable" studies!

Heh! 

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #26316 on: January 13, 2020, 05:52:45 PM »

Seems as though the Iranian people have traced the blood from those dead passengers of that downed Ukrainian airliners to the hands of theocratic mullahs who suppress them. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #26317 on: January 13, 2020, 06:01:16 PM »

Former vice president Joe Biden has 5-1 odds to beat Trump
Sen. Bernie Sanders, D-Vt., has 11-2 odds to beat Trump
Former New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg has 12-1 odds to beat Trump
Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., has 16-1 odds to beat Trump

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/betting-on-trump-bookie-odds-the-president-wins-reelection

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #26318 on: January 13, 2020, 06:02:42 PM »

Mayor Garcetti wants to create more jobs for the Latinos in the entertainment industry.

The Entertainment Industry is a hard industry for everyone, regardless of race, and we have been losing jobs to Canada, and to other states, we need to do more to bring the entertainment industry back to Southern California, and we need to create jobs for everyone, including the Latinos.

One idea is to build a new movie studio in Anaheim, which is a Latino majority city, we have some great local schools, including the Dodge film school at Chapman University, we need to keep our talent local after they finish their training, we need to keep the students here after they finish training. USC film school is also close by, we need to keep our students here after they graduate. We also have the American Academy of Dramatic Arts training actors in Hollywood, and we have other great schools. We need local film and television jobs for the students after they graduate.

We also need more film funding, we need to make it easier to get money to make movies. And we need tax breaks for filmmaking. Where do you go to get money to make a movie? I have been trying to make a film for 20 years, and I cannot get funding. Hugh Hefner liked my movie script, and he was going to put up the money if Oliver Stone directed my movie, but Oliver turned me down, so Hef backed out, and that was as close as I have come. That was 20 years ago. It is impossible to get money to make a movie, and Hef is gone now so filmmakers cannot go to Hef anymore. We need to set up new financial centers to get money into the hands of local filmmakers here in Southern California. New York can help, they are great at raising money for businesses. We need to make funding available for local filmmakers. And we need to have tax breaks like other areas.

Also, the Antelope Valley needs a movie studio, many people film in the desert, and the desert needs a nice modern studio.

We have the talent, we just need access to funding, and tax breaks like other areas, etc.

I could be making my movie right now if I had the funding, and I could be creating jobs for people right here in Hollywood. I want to hire Ariana Grande to star in my movie, and we could be shooting my film right now. Right here, right now, I could be filming if I had the funding.

Salute,

Tony V.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #26319 on: January 13, 2020, 06:47:00 PM »

Tony - you sound like an ok bloke

Get out of Cali - fast.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #26320 on: January 13, 2020, 06:51:01 PM »

Killing your enemies, if it's done badly, increases their number . . .

That was someone's tagline at the old forum.  A great one.   Can anyone remember whose?  Was it Dzimas?

It's mine at 3rd Eye.

Yeah - the bumfuks kept Cory and Yang off the stage for the next debate.  Sad.  More good ideas the better

The idea is to have the candidates with actual support get the media time in the debate.  The criteria has been spelled out clearly.  The Dems had a very crowded stage (actually two of them) filled with ideas.  The time has come for winnowing.  It's smart. 

Did Booker have any good ideas?  I just read a whole post-mortem on his candidacy and all it really says is that he's an upbeat good guy who had a lot of official endorsements.  And never broke 5% support.
Booker has looked jayvee to me.  No idea what his campaign was about.  Probably about selling Cory Booker as that's what he's good at.  But I have no idea what ideas he might have had.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

oilcan

« Reply #26321 on: January 13, 2020, 07:12:59 PM »

Affordable housing.   Not a bad idea.  And some energy proposals,  too.   I think he just didn't get the donors,  and talked too much about civility and love.   Democratic voters were looking for redder meat. 

Meanwhile, I thought the following might be off-topic but then it seemed like maybe the gullibility at work there might be part of the general gullibility that Trump took advantage of three years ago.

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2020/jan/13/why-is-gwyneth-paltrow-selling-a-candle-that-smells-like-her-vagina-goop

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #26322 on: January 13, 2020, 07:19:26 PM »

Obviously the democrat party is racist for shunning Booker and Harris.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #26323 on: January 13, 2020, 07:29:40 PM »

Seems as though the Iranian people have traced the blood from those dead passengers of that downed Ukrainian airliners to the hands of theocratic mullahs who suppress them.

Seems like it.
Now all they have to do for a better future for themselves/their young.....is to convince the military that democracy is the best way forward for them ...and the theocratic mullahs are 'toast'.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #26324 on: January 13, 2020, 07:40:36 PM »

Did Booker have any good ideas?  I just read a whole post-mortem on his candidacy and all it really says is that he's an upbeat good guy who had a lot of official endorsements.  And never broke 5% support.

Not bad for his first go round
Pages: 1 ... 1753 1754 [1755] 1756 1757 ... 4288