Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1756 1757 [1758] 1759 1760 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1984696 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #26355 on: January 14, 2020, 05:03:43 PM »

Any White people allowed to marry into Black High Society in America?
Any White people in the Black High Society debutante balls in America?

Asshole. Do you know why there is a Black High Society in America?

BTW - my wife was a debutante.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #26356 on: January 14, 2020, 05:14:47 PM »

Bo,  I don't disagree that discrimination against African-American people was worse.   And,  for sure,  you couldn't dodge it with a name change as some ethnic groups did.   I guess I am grappling with how groups,  like the Lakota (the dominant ethnicity of my neighborhood), would handle the notion that the extent and persistence of racism was greater for blacks.   Lakota have turned down a billion dollars or more in reparations for the theft of the Black Hills because they don't feel that makes things right - the general feeling is that the Hills are still theirs and they had no interest in selling them.   That land is sacred to them.  I'm not saying that's analogous or even similar to slavery reparations, just trying to convey that issues get complex whenever someone hatches a simple plan to rectify past wrongs.   Would blacks have mixed feelings, as well,  about getting a check?   I just don't have a clear view of how this works.  I do like Booker's idea of a college fund for every child because it's a boost to every family facing economic disadvantages.

Fuck the money. How about some fucking honesty on the part of the nation?

What this country needs is Truth and Reconciliation effort as they did in South Africa and as they’re still doing in Rwanda.

Yeah, I know they’ve on the continent and are therefore Shitholes but it doesn’t render their efforts ineffectual. It’s more than ANY thing ever done by the USA which has done the exact opposite with the vast selling of the Noble Lost Cause lie.

Whenever the black communities across the nation pulled themselves up by the proverbial bootstraps the USA countenanced and sanctioned the burning of their boots.

Look up Red Summer of 1919. Some of you may have seen Watchmen on HBO and not realized how the destruction of Greenwood in Tulsa happened all across the USA, east to west, north to south.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #26357 on: January 14, 2020, 05:33:36 PM »

I unfortunately believe we won’t get a truly progressive president, House, or Senate until white voters stop balking at sharing with non-white people.

White people need to get a fucking grip. How else could a nation sanction what the fuck is going on at the Southern border and don’t @ me with the Not All White People bullshit. Donald Trump is president on the strength of white majorities.

Lyndon Johnson

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #26358 on: January 14, 2020, 06:04:33 PM »

Not all white people. Sorry.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #26359 on: January 14, 2020, 06:13:56 PM »

Any White people allowed to marry into Black High Society in America?
Any White people in the Black High Society debutante balls in America?

Asshole. Do you know why there is a Black High Society in America?

BTW - my wife was a debutante.

I do know why there's a Black High Society in America.

Do you know that in this day and age there's supposed to be equality, integration, tolerance, acceptance....and not voluntary segregation?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 06:22:39 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26360 on: January 14, 2020, 06:25:24 PM »

Bambu has apparently given up on the Murdoch press and his #1 radio host and embraced the global brotherhood of man. Welcome to the one big international union. Life will be so much better now for Bambi since he’s given up his claims of being white.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #26362 on: January 14, 2020, 06:34:36 PM »

I unfortunately believe we won’t get a truly progressive president, House, or Senate until white voters stop balking at sharing with non-white people.

White people need to get a fucking grip. How else could a nation sanction what the fuck is going on at the Southern border and don’t @ me with the Not All White People bullshit. Donald Trump is president on the strength of white majorities.

Donald Trump is president on the strength of the same white majorities who elected Barack Obama president.
Same voting system.

White people in America seem to get it...that the Southern Border must be sealed, and that people who enter the country illegally take their chances.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #26363 on: January 14, 2020, 06:44:33 PM »

Involuntary segregation is still a-ok. Disappointing Bambi. For a second you gave us hope.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #26364 on: January 14, 2020, 06:45:58 PM »

Bambu has apparently given up on the Murdoch press and his #1 radio host and embraced the global brotherhood of man. Welcome to the one big international union. Life will be so much better now for Bambi since he’s given up his claims of being white.

LOL

Murdoch is not always correct.
No 1 radio host and bambu sing from the same hymn book 99% of the time.

bambu is White, but could have who knows what blood flowing thru his veins.
"One drop and you're Black"- US govt.

Father [black hair] looked a bit like Hitler, and a bit like the Iranian Mullah who was in the paper today. Not the supreme leader the other one.
Shave off his beard, blend him with Hitler, and hey presto!

He married mommy dearest, a blonde, blue eyed, fraulein.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 07:20:18 PM by bambu. »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #26365 on: January 14, 2020, 06:50:16 PM »

http://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/01/trump-and-soleimani-were-in-the-same-business.html

Trump bumping off his business partners with drone strikes paid for with our tax dollars is an interesting extension of presidential prerogatives well beyond the legal and the sane. It’s probably making a number of the dictators and international criminals he’s also in bed with feel antsy and defensive to a whole new order of magnitude. It’s also a very good reason to remove him from office as soon as humanly possible.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26366 on: January 14, 2020, 06:52:40 PM »

Donald Trump is president on the strength of the same white majorities who elected Barack Obama president.
Same voting system.

No, the white majorities voted for McCain and Romney, then Trump, with some of the whites who voted for Obama also voting for Trump.

And no, not the same voting system, no matter how often you repeat yourself.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #26367 on: January 14, 2020, 06:56:20 PM »

Father [black hair] looked a bit like Hitler, and a bit like the Iranian Mullah who was in the paper today. Not the supreme leader the other one.
Shave off his beard, blend him with Hitler, and hey presto!

Hitler and a Mullah fucking is a perfect spiritual origin for 99% of what you post. It encapsulates their pillow talk and you are the natural offspring. I can’t argue against it.

I won’t say thank you for that image, but it will follow for the rest of your time on Elba.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #26368 on: January 14, 2020, 07:16:29 PM »

Involuntary segregation is still a-ok. Disappointing Bambi. For a second you gave us hope.

You have yet to see the folly of open borders.
I saw the light a decade + ago.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26369 on: January 14, 2020, 07:21:44 PM »

You have yet to see the folly of open borders.
I saw the light a decade + ago.

You've yet to see the folly of misrepresenting others' views.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 1756 1757 [1758] 1759 1760 ... 4288