Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1880 1881 [1882] 1883 1884 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1612784 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #28215 on: March 02, 2020, 02:30:50 PM »

This was so predictable

There was no way Dem leadership, who believe had JB run in 2016 that they would not have been trumped - allows anyone else but Uncle Joe to get the nod - unless he totally blows it.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #28216 on: March 02, 2020, 02:35:46 PM »

Another one bites the dust...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/02/us/politics/amy-klobuchar-drops-out.html

" the senator is flying to Dallas to join the former vice president at his rally, where she will suspend her campaign and give her endorsement on the eve of Super Tuesday."

Buttigieg hasn't decided if he is endorsing Biden yet or not - or if he decided it, he has not told anybody.

Pete waiting for a bigger stage

Both he and Amy will be offered administration slots.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28217 on: March 02, 2020, 02:38:40 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/02/texas-polling-sites-closures-voting

Meanwhile, the racist scumbags you keep defending continue to try to deny minorities the ease of voting.

Are there polling station closures in blue states?

Why don’t you tell us?
Sure there are. Boards of elections are bi partisan. The cost of staffing and operating voting locations come out of state and county taxes. Modern day voting does not require the amount of space and workers it used to.

Your Egyptian is clear as day: "We may be racist, but we aren't going to admit it."

Such bullshit, Ward.

The vast majority of these reductions occurred under the proverbial cover of darkness — without any notice or reporting from the news media. They are especially concerning because majority-White counties voted to shutter voting locations with significant Black populations over the vocal objections of local civil rights groups. The Pasquotank County Board of Elections, for example, shuttered half of the polling places in Elizabeth City — a majority-Black community — without public input and over the objections of the local NAACP branch. The consolidation was undertaken in 2015 in the name of saving money, yet no polling places were eliminated in other parts of the county

Bi-partisan doesn't mean (a) balance in voting, (b) that the persons appointing them don't know the measure of the individuals they are appointing, and (c) that those from either party are not racist.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #28218 on: March 02, 2020, 02:39:07 PM »

Serious question.  Who comprises the "Dem Leadership" you speak of?
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #28219 on: March 02, 2020, 02:39:25 PM »

This just in

JOE BIDEN has dropped out and asked for a job in the Biden administration.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #28220 on: March 02, 2020, 02:40:14 PM »

Leo, Josh and Toby
C J opted out.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #28221 on: March 02, 2020, 02:45:19 PM »

I'll take that as an "I have no idea."
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28222 on: March 02, 2020, 02:47:07 PM »

He's heard.

He's got sources.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28223 on: March 02, 2020, 02:48:28 PM »

Leo, Josh and Toby
C J opted out.

They do a far better job than Boss Hogg and Cletus do running the GOP.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #28224 on: March 02, 2020, 02:49:10 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/02/texas-polling-sites-closures-voting

Meanwhile, the racist scumbags you keep defending continue to try to deny minorities the ease of voting.

Why don’t you tell us?
Sure there are. Boards of elections are bi partisan. The cost of staffing and operating voting locations come out of state and county taxes. Modern day voting does not require the amount of space and workers it used to.

Your Egyptian is clear as day: "We may be racist, but we aren't going to admit it."

Such bullshit, Ward.

The vast majority of these reductions occurred under the proverbial cover of darkness — without any notice or reporting from the news media. They are especially concerning because majority-White counties voted to shutter voting locations with significant Black populations over the vocal objections of local civil rights groups. The Pasquotank County Board of Elections, for example, shuttered half of the polling places in Elizabeth City — a majority-Black community — without public input and over the objections of the local NAACP branch. The consolidation was undertaken in 2015 in the name of saving money, yet no polling places were eliminated in other parts of the county

Bi-partisan doesn't mean (a) balance in voting, (b) that the persons appointing them don't know the measure of the individuals they are appointing, and (c) that those from either party are not racist.
Your entire post is ridiculous and without a hint of how Election Boards are operated and funded. I can see why your Elba Moderator’s remuneration is Zero. You are not worth a penny more.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28225 on: March 02, 2020, 02:51:04 PM »

You are an endless liability, Ward.

Better an endless sea of Joshes than one of you.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28226 on: March 02, 2020, 02:58:12 PM »

Why don’t you tell us?

Such bullshit, Ward.

Your entire post is ridiculous and without a hint of how Election Boards are operated and funded. I can see why your Elba Moderator’s remuneration is Zero. You are not worth a penny more.

I'll make the same offer to you that I made to Kid, with equal chance of your taking me up on it.

You want the job, Ward? You prepared to get rid of the spam as it comes in? Ban "users?"

As for the rest of your bullshit, well, given your denial that NC's GOP was racist when even the Roberts Court knew it was racist, your opinion about "how election boards work" is laughable.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #28227 on: March 02, 2020, 03:37:52 PM »

Actually it's names I have never heard of, mostly.  Nor have you.  One guy was on one of the networks yesterday describing his "no, not Bernie" stance.

Take some time and look into it a bit
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #28228 on: March 02, 2020, 03:39:42 PM »

As for the rest of your bullshit, well, given your denial that NC's GOP was racist when even the Roberts Court knew it was racist, your opinion about "how election boards work" is laughable.
Oh now you want to argue gerrymandering? Not Board of elections?
Gee. Can you settle on a topic?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #28229 on: March 02, 2020, 03:56:32 PM »

Actually it's names I have never heard of, mostly.  Nor have you.  One guy was on one of the networks yesterday describing his "no, not Bernie" stance.

Take some time and look into it a bit
I'll just watch West Wing.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 04:05:23 PM by Yankguy1 »
Pages: 1 ... 1880 1881 [1882] 1883 1884 ... 4288