Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1933 1934 [1935] 1936 1937 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583644 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #29010 on: March 15, 2020, 12:15:54 PM »

Bo - the government failures are serving to remind the small government people that there ARE situations where a central federal management is vital.   The crisis may give some of the "drown the baby" adherents a moment of pause.   

LoL at the "white washing" photo.   Yeah,  I've seen the HW Bush photo at Raytheon.  Will look around...

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29011 on: March 15, 2020, 01:28:10 PM »

News Item

President Trump tests negative for Covid-19
Since he is such a fucking liar this can only mean he has it.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #29012 on: March 15, 2020, 03:17:53 PM »

Disneyland donated food to the food bank, our food banks are stocked and we have lots of volunteers.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-disneyland-donate-excess-food-closure/

And I get my stuff from a Mexican market, and so far it has been fine, the shelves are full and there is plenty of toilet paper.

The news has reported that there are no shortages, we just need to be patient.

And if I get sick, the food bank will deliver boxes of free food to my door as I quarantine myself. If we start running out of food, then we can get seafood from the ocean, and we can all eat spicy Thai seafood soup, etc. We will be fine.

Anaheim is a good city, and I have a good Council member at City Hall who represents my neighborhood, and I think we will be fine.

And Anaheim has a lot of great hospitals, and I have a wonderful doctor.

I am lucky to be in Anaheim during this crisis.

I have been sending prayers for the people in Italy, and in China, and in other areas where this disease has hit, and I pray for all of us. We are all in this together.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #29013 on: March 15, 2020, 03:53:49 PM »

We need to open the Southern Border and streamline the flow of goods from Mexico into California. I shop at a Mexican market here in Anaheim and they have been doing a great job of keeping stuff on the shelves, they have plenty of food, cleaning supplies, and plenty of toilet paper. We need to open the border and allow Mexican toilet paper and other goods to flow into California.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #29014 on: March 15, 2020, 04:56:21 PM »

Tom Hanks is sick, and he is in Australia, both him and his wife are sick. He posted a picture of him eating Vegimite toast. He can keep us all informed about what this disease is really like as he experiences it. I posted on his page for him to eat oranges and spicy Thai seafood soup. So, anyhow, we can all pray for Tom Hanks and his wife, and they can teach about this whole thing from experience. And we can all pray for God to guide their doctors, etc. 

Salute,

Tony V.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #29015 on: March 15, 2020, 05:25:37 PM »

There are hundreds of millions of people much worse off than sniffling Tom Hanks ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

barton

« Reply #29016 on: March 15, 2020, 05:55:46 PM »

There are hundreds of millions of people much worse off than sniffling Tom Hanks ...

It's interesting how geography can affect our empathy levels regarding serious diseases.   Not to in any way say we should not go all out on stopping Covid,  but there are numbers every year,  from places like Africa,  that rarely penetrate the info feed in the US...

The world population is 7.2 billion, and 3.2 billion people are at risk for contracting malaria. Annually, there are 584,000 deaths from malaria worldwide, with 90 percent occurring in Africa. 7 in 10 children under 5 die from malaria annually, and 200,000 infants die due to malaria during pregnancy.   

https://www.childfund.org/infographic/malaria/

barton

« Reply #29017 on: March 15, 2020, 05:59:06 PM »

What chord did the piano sound when it was dropped down a mineshaft?

A flat miner.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29019 on: March 15, 2020, 06:53:39 PM »

From the Trump school of crisis management and leadership comes Oklahoma Governor Kevin Stitt.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/15/politics/oklahoma-governor-deleted-tweet-coronavirus/index.html

The Republican governor tweeted out a picture of himself and his children at a crowded restaurant:
"Eating with my kids and all my fellow Oklahomans at the @CollectiveOKC. It's packed tonight!"

Sockingly enough, this did not go over well and he subsequently deleted the tweet. But...

Charlie Hannema, chief of communications for the governor's office, told CNN in an email that Stitt's position "has not changed from the instructions he gave Oklahomans on Thursday: Use good common sense, follow the recommended health precautions, protect the elderly and vulnerable populations, but continue to remain calm, live your life and support local businesses."

"The governor will continue to take his family out to dinner and to the grocery store without living in fear and encourages Oklahomans to do the same," he continued.

Then again, this "leader" previously stated that he felt vaccination should be a choice (though later insisting he was not going to try to change their law on the topic).

Hannema did not respond to questions about why Stitt's tweet was deleted. :o
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #29021 on: March 15, 2020, 08:49:05 PM »

If I get the virus I would likely die...so I'm staying home.
I took a big risk today, left my home to go to the hairdresser, she was less than a metre away from me for more than 15 minutes.
That breaks the "social distance" rule.
I should not have done it...should've let my hair grow until Feb 2021 or until there's a vaccine.
Oh well, it's too late now.
Go woke, go broke.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #29022 on: March 15, 2020, 08:54:35 PM »

I'm sure you'll be fine. Imagine perishing because of a trip to the hairdresser though. All this time you thought it would be the Muslims who dealt you the mortal blow.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #29024 on: March 15, 2020, 09:40:45 PM »

I'm sure you'll be fine. Imagine perishing because of a trip to the hairdresser though. All this time you thought it would be the Muslims who dealt you the mortal blow.

Many are being released from prison now.
Hopefully they're being monitored.

The theory that China caused the virus to destroy the economies of western nations is gaining momentum.
Go woke, go broke.
Pages: 1 ... 1933 1934 [1935] 1936 1937 ... 4288