Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2042 2043 [2044] 2045 2046 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584874 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #30645 on: April 02, 2020, 07:09:40 PM »

See you later Estragon.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30646 on: April 02, 2020, 07:14:22 PM »

Given the goal of the money is to stimulate the economy, I would have to say, "Yes. Yes, they should."

Much has been stated about citizens needing the $$ to pay bills.  Isnt this the immediate benefit - above all else?  Retirees are pretty much getting the cash gifted, no?

Do you think that retirees don't have bills to pay?!

What a bizarre notion!

And (almost) everybody is getting the cash gifted, Kid, same as the small businesses that take out the "forgiveable" loan that they won't have to pay back and won't have to pay income tax on, if they use it appropriately.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30647 on: April 02, 2020, 07:15:47 PM »

Should a retiree be getting a check?
That issue has already been answered yes, by our elected representatives.

For what it is worth, I do not have a direct deposit account with the IRS. I have not gotten a refund in years.
What does that have to do with anything?  Money from bank accounts flows both ways to and from the Government.

They do, but if one has not had an agreement for direct deposit, then the IRS is not allowed to just simply put money in it.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30648 on: April 02, 2020, 07:17:35 PM »

They get their checks processed in order of need.

"They" who? Recipients of the $1,200?!

Where on Earth did you get that idea? (No, not from the legislation.)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30649 on: April 02, 2020, 07:23:58 PM »

The IRS says it may take up to 20 weeks to get it to some people.

Not for those with direct deposit.
This is 2020.
And don’t forget the IRS also has to process tax refund checks.
A timely reminder of the age old bromides.
The check is in the mail.
I’m from the Government  I'm here to help you
Your empathy for people not like you is as deficient as your formatting skills.

There are people who are not required to file taxes, including about 15 million retirees. Fuck them, Red gets his check. Right?
Wrong.
But the Government can’t turn water into wine.
That’s left to the divine.
But,alas, mortals are left with the bureaucracy of politicians and a woefully inadequate government entity called the USPS. 
Call your Congressman.

My congressman does support the USPS and the IRS for that matter. Decades of radical right wing rapes by the republicans when they are in power has certainly taken their toll on both institutions. It’s one of the earliest phases of the deadly trump virus.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #30650 on: April 02, 2020, 07:24:54 PM »

Should a retiree be getting a check?
That issue has already been answered yes, by our elected representatives.

For what it is worth, I do not have a direct deposit account with the IRS. I have not gotten a refund in years.
What does that have to do with anything?  Money from bank accounts flows both ways to and from the Government.

They do, but if one has not had an agreement for direct deposit, then the IRS is not allowed to just simply put money in it.
Brilliant!
You must be a moderator!

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #30651 on: April 02, 2020, 07:27:30 PM »

To be a moderator must you first be stupid?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30652 on: April 02, 2020, 07:36:08 PM »

To be Ward, you must first be vague and refuse to answer questions intelligently.

But we knew that already.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #30653 on: April 02, 2020, 07:48:48 PM »

To be Ward, you must first be vague and refuse to answer questions intelligently.

But we knew that already.
LOL!

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30654 on: April 02, 2020, 07:59:08 PM »

And (almost) everybody is getting the cash gifted, Kid, same as the small businesses that take out the "forgiveable" loan that they won't have to pay back and won't have to pay income tax on, if they use it appropriately.

Quite a few are losing income

Like I said - a big deal was made about April 1 mortgages being due - how would the average American worker living hand to mouth make that payment?  Unemployment benefits cover only so much.

Retirees - same income, same bills.  But I am sure the $$ are appreciated.

(I was just asking because I did not know - not to get into a discussion - but you guys feed off debate - so there it was)

barton

« Reply #30655 on: April 02, 2020, 08:16:30 PM »

I couldn't care less that Trump promoted the drug, by the way. 
You show this to be a lie with every post you write on the subject. Every. Fucking. Post.
I am rooting against this virus.  Please join me. 
Go fuck a hippo. Everyone is.against the virus you braying jackass. Not.everyone combines that worshipping the DEAR LEADER
You and your cuz Josh should stop posting death totals/projections, for a start.
Why? I realize Trump's initial pooh-poohing of the flu/down to zero virus has boxed you and your foam rubber finger into a corner and makes those numbers inconvenient, but that does not apply to the rest of us.

What a lot of people don't seem to get is that viruses,  when social mitigation measures fail,  tend to proliferate among their hosts at a geometric rate.   "Geometric" means a specific ratio increase in discrete and constant units -- doubling every three days,  for CV.   And that doubling is what we've seen until regions or nations really enforce strict mitigation.  Tracking the case numbers tells us when geometric growth falters and the growth curve flattens.   Tracking mortality tells of the viruses severity and effectiveness of treatment.   IOW numbers are vital feedback on our nation's actions (or inaction). 

If you don't like the numbers,  then either STFU about it,  or add something useful.   

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #30656 on: April 02, 2020, 08:24:22 PM »

Don’t go Deej. We don’t have the thousands upon thousands of words it would take to replace you.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

barton

« Reply #30657 on: April 02, 2020, 08:25:13 PM »

It takes a Pandemic to endorse Common Sense?

All across the country bans on single use plastic grocery bags are being overturned and/or delayed.
Meanwhile reusable bags are being  BANNED!

Praise the Lord!

You seem unable to distinguish between an emergency situation and a routine one.   In an emergency,  single use bags may indeed be reducing surface contaminated material.   In a routine situation, using less plastic WAS common sense based on (a)  the fact that recyclers are unable to handle bags,  and (b)  the effects of plastic nanoparticles on many species including ours.   Thanks for your contribution mindless ignorant twaddle!   

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30658 on: April 02, 2020, 08:25:22 PM »

Small business owner on the ne loan plan

I am also going to apply to the long-term forgivable loan program, but the fine print in the terms and conditions -- which has not been finalized -- will make or break this program. These long-term, low-interest loans could help us survive, but without clear rules on how these loans may be forgiven and without assurance that they cannot be changed by a future Congress, they could become an economic burden that could put us out of business in the future.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/02/perspectives/small-biz-coronavirus/index.html

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #30659 on: April 02, 2020, 08:31:47 PM »

Small business owner on the ne loan plan

I am also going to apply to the long-term forgivable loan program, but the fine print in the terms and conditions -- which has not been finalized -- will make or break this program. These long-term, low-interest loans could help us survive, but without clear rules on how these loans may be forgiven and without assurance that they cannot be changed by a future Congress, they could become an economic burden that could put us out of business in the future.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/02/perspectives/small-biz-coronavirus/index.html

This is why republicans should all be barred from having any input in writing laws.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 2042 2043 [2044] 2045 2046 ... 4288