Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2170 2171 [2172] 2173 2174 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2011274 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #32565 on: April 27, 2020, 03:09:06 PM »

Ohio

Offices to open next week

Retail in 2 weeks

- with recommendations, restrictions

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32566 on: April 27, 2020, 03:10:49 PM »

There’s not enough testing. Ohio will suffer a trump death spike like Georgia and other badly run states.

You dont think the state senator from Michigan was helped by hydroxychloroquine?

That Brady's Michigan teammate was spared death by use of hydroxychloroquine?

You believe they'd have recovered anyway.

Noted.
You have the analysis backwards. Do you have any evidence other than temporal coincidence, that the Trump wonder drug you have touted in order to help get him reelected helped their recovery, let alone saved their lives.

Kiid just wants trump to be right about one thing, anything at all really. Since this has never happened once in trump’s adult life, Kiid is really grasping at straws.

We’re passing US deaths in the Vietnam War today. Tomorrow, stingy Mitch’s corporate bailout reload will be once again out of money. Millions more Americans will have completed registering their job losses this Thursday. The republicans are proceeding in a methodical and cowardly way to dismantle America killing as many of our people as possible to avoid the repercussions of their lies.   
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32567 on: April 27, 2020, 03:11:58 PM »

You dont think the state senator from Michigan was helped by hydroxychloroquine?

Noted.
You have the analysis backwards. Do you have any evidence other than temporal coincidence, that the Trump wonder drug you have touted in order to help get him reelected helped their recovery, let alone saved their lives.

Yes

The evidence is in common sense.

Why do you rebel so against the idea that the drug may have worked?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #32568 on: April 27, 2020, 03:21:11 PM »

Ohio

Offices to open next week

Retail in 2 weeks

- with recommendations, restrictions

Kill em all! Let God sort em out.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #32569 on: April 27, 2020, 03:24:03 PM »

There’s not enough testing. Ohio will suffer a trump death spike like Georgia and other badly run states.

Noted.

Kiid just wants trump to be right about one thing, anything at all really. Since this has never happened once in trump’s adult life, Kiid is really grasping at straws.

We’re passing US deaths in the Vietnam War today. Tomorrow, stingy Mitch’s corporate bailout reload will be once again out of money. Millions more Americans will have completed registering their job losses this Thursday. The republicans are proceeding in a methodical and cowardly way to dismantle America killing as many of our people as possible to avoid the repercussions of their lies.

January 2017:

"I, Donald J. Trump, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

April 2020:

“I was being sarcastic.”
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32570 on: April 27, 2020, 03:33:31 PM »

Noted.

Yes

Why do you rebel so against the idea that the drug may have worked?
I rebel against touting the effectiveness of any untested treatment. There is no valid scientific evidence e that it works. "Common sense" as evidence is the  Dunning-Kruger effect on an epic scale.
A parrot bit me.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #32571 on: April 27, 2020, 03:36:04 PM »

"I like your smile, and your fingertips
I like the way that you move your hips
I like the cool way you look at me
Everything about you is bringing me misery..."--Bob Dylan

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32572 on: April 27, 2020, 03:38:16 PM »

New York State begins investigation today into why COvID-19 patients were sent back to nursing homes.  (I'd think NJ may wish to do the same)

Maybe Trump should have taken control of this as well.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #32573 on: April 27, 2020, 03:39:15 PM »

Sure the drug may have worked.
Or might not have.

You take the anecdotal evidence and run rigorous trials to understand what is real and what is placebo effect or just noise or inaccurate.

Be great if hydroxycholraquine was indeed a valid treatment, as it's relatively plentiful and cheap (I think).  And should have been around long enough that generic versions (cheap) would be permitted.  Plus it's already available throughout Africa.  Remdesivir would be more of a profit-churner, more expensive and more of a hassle to get to everyone who needs it.

Hopefully some anti-virals or donor plasma or whatever works as an effective treatment.  And vaccines come online before next flu season begins.  The medical creativity displayed in treating the virus has been impressive, from improvised ventilator through to the antibody-plasma idea.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #32574 on: April 27, 2020, 03:40:14 PM »

NY & NJ did a crap job.
Lots of investigating should follow.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32575 on: April 27, 2020, 03:44:26 PM »

5.68 %

vs

Rate of deaths, US vs world

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32576 on: April 27, 2020, 03:45:51 PM »

yes

some smarter than others

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32577 on: April 27, 2020, 03:48:41 PM »

Sure the drug may have worked.
Or might not have.

You take the anecdotal evidence and run rigorous trials to understand what is real and what is placebo effect or just noise or inaccurate.

Be great if hydroxycholraquine was indeed a valid treatment, as it's relatively plentiful and cheap (I think).  And should have been around long enough that generic versions (cheap) would be permitted.  Plus it's already available throughout Africa.  Remdesivir would be more of a profit-churner, more expensive and more of a hassle to get to everyone who needs it.

Hopefully some anti-virals or donor plasma or whatever works as an effective treatment.  And vaccines come online before next flu season begins.  The medical creativity displayed in treating the virus has been impressive, from improvised ventilator through to the antibody-plasma idea.

You seek a medication that works on everyone - of course.

I have never stated that this does.

But thankfully physicians worldwide agree in its value to MANY and are thus prescribing while also being cautious

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32578 on: April 27, 2020, 04:04:39 PM »

yes

some smarter than others

Some can tell the difference between wishful thinking and common sense
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

barton

« Reply #32579 on: April 27, 2020, 04:29:49 PM »

The ability of common sense to misconstrue nature and causality is what led Francis Bacon et al to devise the methods of modern science.   I could write a very long list of common sense beliefs that would include phlogiston, spontaneous generation, the Ptolemaic system (geocentric), Lamarckian heritability,  flat Earth, mercury as safe medicine,  and the superiority of the blue-eyed.   I promised I wouldn't respond directly to the troll a few days ago,  but wow it's impressive how it got everyone explaining the placebo effect all over again for the umpteenth time. 
Pages: 1 ... 2170 2171 [2172] 2173 2174 ... 4288