Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2429 2430 [2431] 2432 2433 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1595847 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #36450 on: June 03, 2020, 08:23:38 PM »

I believe his "just inspecting" line as much as Rose believed the same excuse from Finn.

Assume several of us are not up on the sequel trilogy.  I've seen the first three (in terms of film release chronology, not saga chronology) and that's all.   Are we alluding to starships,  rental units,  taverns,  reproductive organs,  what?

Finn was preparing to use an escape pod to get away and Rose finds him, asks what he is doing. He explains that he was just inspecting it. She pretends to appear to believe him, before setting it up for him to be unable to get away.

Meant to say thanks for this earlier.   It's probably like explaining derivatives to a dog,  but I got the jist.

Still catching up... we seem to be at ten to fifteen pages a day now. 

barton

« Reply #36451 on: June 03, 2020, 08:28:30 PM »

I don't know the show, but I can imagine and this is wonderful!

I've seen a few of the early ones.   Dystopian stories, generally of the near future, generally laced with techno-paranoia.  Which does seem to be now,  now. 

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36452 on: June 03, 2020, 08:28:49 PM »

YOU argue that because YOU ARE A RACIST.

This whole line of argument is idiotic because it dodges the screamingly obvious fact that people take up specific causes and protest specific social outrages.   This in no way is to detract from the worthy causes of others.   BLM is addressing the serious issue of extrajudicial killings directed primarily against black people.    Black lives matter,  TOO,  they are saying to their city governance, in this context.   

Some people march for a cure for malaria --  this doesn't signify they are callously indifferent to cancer or HIV.   Everyone picks their battle.

The guy commentator at the NBA was sacked from his tv and radio jobs for saying "All Lives matter" which is now offensive to African Americans apparently.
Who knew.
I saw "All lives matter" placards in the protests.

Dolt.

Ignoramus.

Refuse to listen or learn.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36453 on: June 03, 2020, 08:31:09 PM »

This whole line of argument is idiotic because it dodges the screamingly obvious fact that people take up specific causes and protest specific social outrages.   This in no way is to detract from the worthy causes of others.   BLM is addressing the serious issue of extrajudicial killings directed primarily against black people.    Black lives matter,  TOO,  they are saying to their city governance, in this context.   

Some people march for a cure for malaria --  this doesn't signify they are callously indifferent to cancer or HIV.   Everyone picks their battle.

The guy commentator at the NBA was sacked from his tv and radio jobs for saying "All Lives matter" which is now offensive to Africans Americans apparently.
Who knew.
Literally everyone. As.i think Knicks noted, you know they hate you when they wont even let you have your slogan.
I saw "All lives matter" placards in the protests.
Until Black Lives Matter, no lives matter.

At least now people know what the rules are...know what "the go is" as we say in antipodes land.

"At least now...?"

No, the African-Americans have known where they stand for 400 years.

And the white folks have known where the African-Americans stand for 400 years.

Would you trade places to be an African-American in America today? Or Australia?

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36454 on: June 03, 2020, 08:36:12 PM »

Of course, you choose your battles - provided you are white. For that antipodal ass and those like him black people only get to be angry about what white people say they can.

They're "race riots".
Only on your tv screen.

No.
All white people are being blamed for the actions of the white cops.
'White privilege", "White President", "centuries old racism against Black people', 'slavery'.
What did the Black president actually..do..in 8 years to improve the lot of Black people in America...besides talk a lot?

I didn't drive Aborigines over cliffs, massacre Black people, discriminate against Black people...so I accept no responsibility for any of it.
Not in Australia, not in America, not in France, not in Britain.
People wanting revenge will have to go to the cemeteries and rattle some bones, or shoot headstones/dead bodies.

I tried "bambu last" until about age 30
It didn't work out well.
So then I tried "bambu-first", much better result
Now white males are being shafted, the only group left you can beat up with impunity, not for long though...we are fast getting a voice.

I am a White man.
I am not responsible for the death of George Floyd.
My life matters [to me and mine].
ALL LIVES MATTER.

Claim: All white people are being blamed for the actions of the white cops.

False.

Claim: 'White privilege", "White President", "centuries old racism against Black people', 'slavery'.

White privilege is not a matter of blame, just of observation. Denial of it is like denying that fat people get treated less well than slender people.

Centuries of racism and restrictions have held African-Americans down.

BUT IT IS ONGOING, you stupid ass. It has not stopped, even if slavery has.

Claim: What did the Black president actually..do..in 8 years to improve the lot of Black people in America...besides talk a lot?

False: He was held back by a GOP that vowed to stop him from being successful. While he was more successful than they ever dreamt he would be (while Ward denies both that he was successful and that the GOP tried to stop him), he could not do as much because for 6 years the GOP refused to allow many of his appointments through and blocked Democratic legislative proposals, while claiming the Dems were not doing anything.

You swallow their bullshit like a true believer.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36455 on: June 03, 2020, 08:36:53 PM »

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36456 on: June 03, 2020, 08:42:33 PM »

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36457 on: June 03, 2020, 08:50:48 PM »

Asheville Police surround a medic station created by protesters as they stab water bottles with knives and tip over tables of medical supplies and food June 2, 2020. The medic team, made of EMTs and doctors, said the medical station was approved by the city. Edit: They also sprayed the medical supplies with gas so that anyone who used them would get chemical burns. 📷 @angwilhelm @citizentimes

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36458 on: June 03, 2020, 09:04:26 PM »

Esper seems to have decided that he would rather keep his job than uphold the Constitution.

https://twitter.com/MikevWUSA/status/1268329783324282887?fbclid=IwAR0cmbUCtSXDBRkhpe-O-Y9suJw6DsgSzpoRdvaTDiyrtTN2MBlawNRmk6k

ARMY DEPLOYED 2 blocks from White House.
Troops are identified, and are being unloaded from tour busses in McPherson Square.
Unreal.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36459 on: June 03, 2020, 09:09:13 PM »

Earlier, DOJ folks refused to identify themselves, having removed all names or other identifiers from their uniforms:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1268286448018522117

5PM WHITE HOUSE — These are the unidentified DOJ officers holding the perimeter at 15th and H Streets.
They won’t tell the public to whom they report exactly...
It’s generating HUGE frustration here

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #36460 on: June 03, 2020, 09:18:33 PM »

The Insurrection Act requires a request by the States' governors.

There are ways to make them request.

We have vays of making you talk.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #36461 on: June 03, 2020, 09:22:28 PM »

Kiid tries to pivot from his racism to his sexism on the day after trump gained a lawn and lost the country.

You need to expand your reading/viewing list.  This was not one bit an unconventional move by a commander in chief.

I can only imagine the outrage of the right if Obama had ordered out troops to disperse peaceful 2nd amendments protestors exercising their constitutionally protected rights.

There would have been calls for armed rebellion on the ditto radio and the right-wing dark web.

Trump declared war on Americans.

It was shameful and a day that will live in infamy.

This cancerous piece of shit in the WH gotta go.

The damn question is, will he?

He can, and should, under the Insurrection Act.

It was a great day, when the leader of 'Christian' America and the 'Christian' West stood outside a Christian church holding the Holy Bible aloft and stating that if the Governors of the States didn't mobilise enough National Guard soldiers onto their streets to rule the said streets he would do so with armed troops!
...to stop all the criminals, arsonists, looters from destroying America.

He needs to be re elected President.

You have a tentative grasp on American ideals and core principles, our democracy and our constitution which mostly keeps us together in times of crisis and doubt.

Is American civics also taught in the 2nd grade in Australian schools?

Not sure.
It's taught on my tv news every night though.
Saw Trump holding the Bible aloft, and listened to his speech.
I clapped ...having watched people with baseball bats etc smashing their way into stores, and rioting in the streets, then reading about deaths in the riots.

Did you see on your Telly how a news crew from down under were attacked live on your morning news by US Park Police.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36462 on: June 03, 2020, 09:35:02 PM »

Earlier, DOJ folks refused to identify themselves, having removed all names or other identifiers from their uniforms:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1268286448018522117

5PM WHITE HOUSE — These are the unidentified DOJ officers holding the perimeter at 15th and H Streets.
They won’t tell the public to whom they report exactly...
It’s generating HUGE frustration here

With trump deploying insurrectionist terrorists (there is no other way to describe unmarked gunmen) on American streets it has never been more clear the need to shoot republicans as soon as they lose the popular vote.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #36463 on: June 03, 2020, 09:35:57 PM »

Crackers Are racist. Along with inertia, ugliness, and lack of imagination or empathy, that is how you know you are dealing with a cracker, cracker.

KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36464 on: June 03, 2020, 09:37:49 PM »

Did you see on your Telly how a news crew from down under were attacked live on your morning news by US Park Police.

To Bambi, that's on the African-Americans, not the Park Police.

Ditto the 120 attacks on medical personnel.
Pages: 1 ... 2429 2430 [2431] 2432 2433 ... 4288