Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2506 2507 [2508] 2509 2510 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1998339 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #37605 on: June 10, 2020, 01:36:44 AM »

http://www.theweek.com/speedreads/919121/new-york-repeals-50a-law-that-hides-police-disciplinary-records-from-public

Keep marching for justice. Good things happen when, for the most part, we march for justice together.

It’s also why we have to put down the tyrannical pigs who try to replace democracy with thuggery. Republican gaslighting and abuse needs to die under the steady tramp of 400,000,000 heels.

Protests have wings.

Not every time. Not each time. But as they build.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #37606 on: June 10, 2020, 01:43:54 AM »

Biden will be the 45th President in January....

No, dumbfuck - he won't

President vs. "president."

Outside of winning the Electoral College by 70,000 votes, Trump has not been a President in any meaningful sense of the word.

Yes he has.

On foreign policy he's been dyn-o-mite.
He's the 'Christian' West's only hope in the South China Sea.
Our only hope of stopping China's taking over of the world.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37607 on: June 10, 2020, 01:46:37 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/09/politics/trump-supporters-florida/index.html

Trump's faithful supporters.

It's not that Trump supporters aren't watching events unfold across the country; they simply view them through a different lens than many Americans. Take, for example, the photo-op outside St. John's Episcopal Church last week near the White House as authorities cleared peaceful demonstrators from Lafayette Park.

"I thought he was displaying his support for the Christian church," said Beverly Slough, a member of the school board in St. Johns County. "I thought it was very, very brave to walk there."

She praised the Trump administration's economic record and she did not blame the President for the soaring unemployment in the wake of the coronavirus outbreak. She said her only advice for the President would be to think twice before sending incendiary tweets.

"I think that it's valuable that he takes to Twitter because that's how he gets his message out," Slough said. "But I think that maybe, sometimes maybe, he ought to take a breath or two before he presses send. That's all."

Not a word about how the folks were cleared from the Church.

"He's going to say what's on his mind and to me, I appreciate his tweets," Courtney Fernandez, a volunteer for the Trump campaign here in Duval County.

"Sometimes you look at him and go, 'OK, that may have been crossing the line,' but he means well, he loves our country."

For the next four months, Fernandez said, she intends to motivate and persuade voters with one chief goal in mind: "Letting women know that it's OK to following Donald Trump, President Trump. It's OK!"

Sure, he crossed the line, but so what?!

Jacksonville Mayor Lenny Curry, a Republican, was heckled with chants of "No RNC! No RNC!" on Tuesday as he marched with peaceful protestors after he announced the removal of a Confederate statue overnight across from City Hall.

He declined to say whether the President's rhetoric made his job easier or more difficult.

"I have no problem doing my job. I signed up for this," Curry told CNN.

Asked whether he believed Trump would carry Duval County, he said: "I don't want to talk about politics today."

Politics, after all had nothing to do with why he was (finally) removing the Confederate statue overnight.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #37608 on: June 10, 2020, 01:47:47 AM »

COPS has been canceled. The networks have been reading posts like Bambi’s and have decided the show has had a corrosive social effect by their misrepresentation of American policing.

I told Bambi that the other day, but he had no response.

https://www.newsweek.com/west-virginia-fire-chief-martin-hess-george-floyd-protests-1508996?fbclid=IwAR21sHMGFLWqrgNA6iIGA1s1mcQts24VzCVhNmP332X9GVam-UhYUcY51zw

West Virginia Fire Chief fired for wearing "all lives splatter" shirt depicting car running over protesters

Related concept.

Your question or statement the other day was hard to understand.

I asked you today if you're trying to tell me that everything on COPS was fake.

I have some on tape...when I find them [we moved house] I'll detail them for you so you'll see clearly.
There might even be some on YouTube.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 01:49:29 AM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #37609 on: June 10, 2020, 01:51:39 AM »

http://www.theweek.com/speedreads/919121/new-york-repeals-50a-law-that-hides-police-disciplinary-records-from-public

Keep marching for justice. Good things happen when, for the most part, we march for justice together.

It’s also why we have to put down the tyrannical pigs who try to replace democracy with thuggery. Republican gaslighting and abuse needs to die under the steady tramp of 400,000,000 heels.

Protests have wings.

Not every time. Not each time. But as they build.

I’ve never seen anything like this.

First time in my adult life I’ve felt this hopeful.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #37610 on: June 10, 2020, 01:54:29 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/09/politics/trump-supporters-florida/index.html

Trump's faithful supporters.

It's not that Trump supporters aren't watching events unfold across the country; they simply view them through a different lens than many Americans. Take, for example, the photo-op outside St. John's Episcopal Church last week near the White House as authorities cleared peaceful demonstrators from Lafayette Park.

"I thought he was displaying his support for the Christian church," said Beverly Slough, a member of the school board in St. Johns County. "I thought it was very, very brave to walk there."

She praised the Trump administration's economic record and she did not blame the President for the soaring unemployment in the wake of the coronavirus outbreak. She said her only advice for the President would be to think twice before sending incendiary tweets.

"I think that it's valuable that he takes to Twitter because that's how he gets his message out," Slough said. "But I think that maybe, sometimes maybe, he ought to take a breath or two before he presses send. That's all."

Not a word about how the folks were cleared from the Church.

"He's going to say what's on his mind and to me, I appreciate his tweets," Courtney Fernandez, a volunteer for the Trump campaign here in Duval County.

"Sometimes you look at him and go, 'OK, that may have been crossing the line,' but he means well, he loves our country."

For the next four months, Fernandez said, she intends to motivate and persuade voters with one chief goal in mind: "Letting women know that it's OK to following Donald Trump, President Trump. It's OK!"

Sure, he crossed the line, but so what?!

Jacksonville Mayor Lenny Curry, a Republican, was heckled with chants of "No RNC! No RNC!" on Tuesday as he marched with peaceful protestors after he announced the removal of a Confederate statue overnight across from City Hall.

He declined to say whether the President's rhetoric made his job easier or more difficult.

"I have no problem doing my job. I signed up for this," Curry told CNN.

Asked whether he believed Trump would carry Duval County, he said: "I don't want to talk about politics today."

Politics, after all had nothing to do with why he was (finally) removing the Confederate statue overnight.

Earth Two
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37612 on: June 10, 2020, 01:56:42 AM »

No, dumbfuck - he won't

Outside of winning the Electoral College by 70,000 votes, Trump has not been a President in any meaningful sense of the word.

Yes he has.

Dynamite in the sense of blowing up a lot of good things and replacing them with worse, while giving rhetoric that makes you think he's done something.

I've pointed out your gullibility, before. It's right up there with Kid, who eagerly repeats whatever Trump or his sycophants have said or tweeted.

His climate, Iran, NATO, NAFTA, and Russia international approaches have been daft, at best, but you have swallowed them hook, line, and sinker. His "love" for Kim Jong Un has been an epic fail. And China's been undaunted in the South China Sea.

It is Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, Brunei and Taiwan and Indonesia upon whom the South China Sea rests. And on Deng's willingness to go to war with everybody - or belief that others will hold firm.

There is no "firm" in Donald Trump. I don't know if there is enough in Joe Biden, but Trump has long since folded too often to serve as more than a speed bump to China.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37613 on: June 10, 2020, 02:04:20 AM »

COPS has been canceled. The networks have been reading posts like Bambi’s and have decided the show has had a corrosive social effect by their misrepresentation of American policing.

https://www.newsweek.com/west-virginia-fire-chief-martin-hess-george-floyd-protests-1508996?fbclid=IwAR21sHMGFLWqrgNA6iIGA1s1mcQts24VzCVhNmP332X9GVam-UhYUcY51zw

West Virginia Fire Chief fired for wearing "all lives splatter" shirt depicting car running over protesters

Related concept.

I asked you today if you're trying to tell me that everything on COPS was fake.

I have some on tape...when I find them [we moved house] I'll detail them for you so you'll see clearly.
There might even be some on YouTube.

You asked.

I didn't answer. It's a moot question.

Send them via PM, Bambi. Don't clutter up the board with them. (I will delete any such post.)

I am telling you that COPS shot a ton of footage - a lot more than you ever saw. And what you saw and what they shot originally do not necessarily align. But don't take my word for it!

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/18/opinion/cops-podcast-investigation-abuse.html

As a former reality program producer, I also know my way around an edit room. And I believed, as reality shows go, “Cops” was pretty real. But after a good long look under the hood, I don’t believe that anymore.

The podcast I host is the product of an 18-month investigation by me and my producers. What we found is that “Cops” is edited far more problematically than it lets on, that it consistently presents excessive force as good policing and that its structural reinforcement of racial stereotypes about criminality raises questions about the ethics of continuing to let the show remain on the air. Above all, the questionable legality of several actions taken by “Cops” producers and their Police Department partners should lead every American state and city to assess whether they should allow reality shows about the police to film in their jurisdictions.

Emphasis added.

Basing your beliefs about the American judicial system or the issue of African-American criminality or even police brutality is a huge mistake. Totally consist with everything you have shown us, but just really a bad idea.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #37614 on: June 10, 2020, 02:08:29 AM »

I think Biden should just hire Bruno and go for the 50-state sweep.

Bruno is dead and he was a rightwing nutter anyway.

I keep thinking people mean Ambassador Bruno, before I remember Kid's West Wing obsession.

We are talking Strangers on a Train, right?
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37615 on: June 10, 2020, 02:10:59 AM »

Related concept.

Do you not understand the word "objective" as in "to take an objective look at something" or "an objective opinion?"

Simply put, Bambi, by putting cameramen in the police cars, their behavior was changed. Had to be. Not necessarily for the better, either. Also, the suspects had to agree to be on television.

And my earlier point, I have a stat I did not have then:
Langley’s crew can shoot 400 hours of footage to get a single 22-minute episode of Cops.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37616 on: June 10, 2020, 02:14:53 AM »

Shows like Cops are the easiest way for the vegetably minded to grasp the world, and folks like that always take the easiest way.

No, dumbfuck - he won't

Yes he has.

Dynamite in the sense of blowing up a lot of good things and replacing them with worse, while giving rhetoric that makes you think he's done something.

I've pointed out your gullibility, before. It's right up there with Kid, who eagerly repeats whatever Trump or his sycophants have said or tweeted.

His climate, Iran, NATO, NAFTA, and Russia international approaches have been daft, at best, but you have swallowed them hook, line, and sinker. His "love" for Kim Jong Un has been an epic fail. And China's been undaunted in the South China Sea.

It is Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, Brunei and Taiwan and Indonesia upon whom the South China Sea rests. And on Deng's willingness to go to war with everybody - or belief that others will hold firm.

There is no "firm" in Donald Trump. I don't know if there is enough in Joe Biden, but Trump has long since folded too often to serve as more than a speed bump to China.

He’s already sold Australia to the Chinese for rub-and-tug trademarks with which to woo his daughter. Xi is not letting #1 radio host mention this, so he hasn’t and Bambu doesn’t know.

Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37617 on: June 10, 2020, 02:16:28 AM »

I think Biden should just hire Bruno and go for the 50-state sweep.

Bruno is dead and he was a rightwing nutter anyway.

I keep thinking people mean Ambassador Bruno, before I remember Kid's West Wing obsession.

We are talking Strangers on a Train, right?

Good try! But not even Ambassador Bruno Foucher, of L'invité (a talk show).

Former US Ambassador to Belize. (Ambassador Foucher is France's to Lebanon.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Charles_Bruno

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #37619 on: June 10, 2020, 02:39:00 AM »

Shows like Cops are the easiest way for the vegetably minded to grasp the world, and folks like that always take the easiest way.

No, dumbfuck - he won't

Yes he has.

He’s already sold Australia to the Chinese for rub-and-tug trademarks with which to woo his daughter. Xi is not letting #1 radio host mention this, so he hasn’t and Bambu doesn’t know.

Now China is warning/advising its students not to go to Australia to study...."racist, "not safe", "Asian people racially abused during pandemic."
China obviously missed what it's doing to 'Africans' and 'African businesses in China' lol.
Yes, there have indeed been racist attacks on Asian people in Australia during the pandemic. A handful...verbal "go back to China", some weren't even Chinese. A home garage tagged.
No students from China going to Australia to study...some people could be saying "good"...as China shafts Australia bigtime, banning Australia exports.
Australian politicians are still phoning China trying to talk with them. China isn't answering the phone.
Australian politicians should stop ringing!
They and Australia have been dumped, it's crystal clear to average Joe.
The more you go chasing after an ex who hates you the more you suffer. Best to wave them goodbye and move on.
Pages: 1 ... 2506 2507 [2508] 2509 2510 ... 4288