Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2547 2548 [2549] 2550 2551 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1595526 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #38220 on: June 13, 2020, 11:15:52 PM »

I appreciate how concerned you appear.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38221 on: June 13, 2020, 11:23:10 PM »

And I wonder at how concerned you don't appear.

It looked similar to how a friend of mine who had a stroke about 10 days ago looks when she is tying to do the same thing using her badly weakened hand, as did his gait down the stairs or ramp or whatever.

He hasn't had the physical that most presidents would have had by now. It's concerning. I have no idea what is behind it but I hope it is very temporary and that we don't see such from him again.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38222 on: June 13, 2020, 11:27:24 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/13/us/florida-hallandale-beach-swat-resignations/index.html

Better resign before you are called on to do your jobs instead of needlessly killing folks.

And sooooooo hard to have your superiors show compassion and even solidarity with folks leading a protest. Get out fast! Otherwise, you might break out into Kumbayah.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38224 on: June 13, 2020, 11:32:04 PM »

Apparently there is a petition to replace all statues of Columbus with Columbo.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #38225 on: June 13, 2020, 11:34:20 PM »

Have you read the transcript of Trump's remarks?

Ahh, never mind - not sure why I even ask.

Watched the speech. Boring boilerplate that someone else wrote for him and that he barely managed to read off the teleprompter. Coverage called it lethargic. I’d have to agree. Refusing to solute?  I’d give him the finger, making me go into two weeks of quarantine for that snoozer.

And yeah, I saw the water glass push in real time, and thought it was notable. Who isn’t able to drink a glass of water with one hand?  Not a healthy person.

On June 10, 2016:

“After telling us that Obama was an idiot for using a teleprompter, the GOP tells us that Trump will be saved by... a teleprompter.”

SUCKERS
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #38226 on: June 13, 2020, 11:35:37 PM »

And I wonder at how concerned you don't appear.

It looked similar to how a friend of mine who had a stroke about 10 days ago looks when she is tying to do the same thing using her badly weakened hand, as did his gait down the stairs or ramp or whatever.

He hasn't had the physical that most presidents would have had by now. It's concerning. I have no idea what is behind it but I hope it is very temporary and that we don't see such from him again.

He’s also wearing lifts in his shoes.

Lyndon Johnson

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #38227 on: June 13, 2020, 11:43:56 PM »

You mean I appear as concerned as Trump and his supporters are about Biden when they grab hold of any verbal tick and fake GIF they can to tell us all how Biden is mentally deteriorating?

Not nearly.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38228 on: June 13, 2020, 11:53:24 PM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/black-pastor-who-called-911-after-alleged-attack-was-arrested-n1231005

Hey, at least nobody died and the pastor was eventually released despite his being non-white.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38229 on: June 13, 2020, 11:53:56 PM »

Trump stroking out onstage during a debate or rally would be pretty funny and good television.

We know pence has been working on his campaign for four full years now, and he’d have trump’s record to run on as well as the option to retain his crack staff.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38230 on: June 14, 2020, 12:10:09 AM »

Trump stroking out onstage during a debate or rally would be pretty funny and good television.

We know pence has been working on his campaign for four full years now, and he’d have trump’s record to run on as well as the option to retain his crack staff.

It would be awful. Not funny.

And I doubt it takes a whole staff to get him crack.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38233 on: June 14, 2020, 12:35:46 AM »

I'm not opposed to social justice. If it's real, and if it accommodates reality.
The SVU piece is idiocy, and only an idiot would take it seriously.

The SJW demands conformity. He/she/they opposes diversity of thought, in the name of diversity; he/she/they can only entertain his/her/their POV. All others are inferior and must be lectured on the correct way to impose "justice".

The dumbfucks alienate the very people who can activate real change.

Weak.

You edited this after I'd already hit reply, so I missed some of your bullshit.

The bolded segment is your definition of what a Social Justice Warrior is, but it fits you far better - you epitomize rigidity. It's your way or the highway.

What is "The dumbfucks alienate the very people who can activate real change." but a lecture on the right way to impose "justice?"

And I reiterate - I would rather be weak my way than strong your way.

Oh, wait - you're claiming that you are one of "the very people who can activate real change."

Of course you are, UNO. Consider your head patted.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #38234 on: June 14, 2020, 12:37:43 AM »

Have you read the transcript of Trump's remarks?

Ahh, never mind - not sure why I even ask.

Watched the speech. Boring boilerplate that someone else wrote for him and that he barely managed to read off the teleprompter. Coverage called it lethargic. I’d have to agree. Refusing to solute?  I’d give him the finger, making me go into two weeks of quarantine for that snoozer.

And yeah, I saw the water glass push in real time, and thought it was notable. Who isn’t able to drink a glass of water with one hand?  Not a healthy person.

On June 10, 2016:

“After telling us that Obama was an idiot for using a teleprompter, the GOP tells us that Trump will be saved by... a teleprompter.”

SUCKERS

Obama was known for not often taking questions

Trump is the KING of hearing, processing and responding.

Reading the prompter is not a real skill.
Pages: 1 ... 2547 2548 [2549] 2550 2551 ... 4288