Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2608 2609 [2610] 2611 2612 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1876880 times)

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #39135 on: June 20, 2020, 01:31:34 PM »

Trying to fire the DA who is investigating your cronies.

Re-assigning - like the Navy guy.

They offered him reassignment. He declined.

They announced that he was stepping down. He wasn't.

Your mealy-mouthed attempts to excuse their inexcusable behavior are not quite as bad as theirs as you have no power. But for all that you object when I say this, it remains true: you're an ass.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39136 on: June 20, 2020, 01:32:02 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/20/politics/read-bolton-book-injunction-ruling/index.html

"The horse has not only left the barn. It's left the country."

The judge concluded that while Bolton certainly exposed classified material (seen in chambers), the book is already out there and an injunction now is nigh unto worthless.
It wouldn't matter anyway. Walter Sobchak could explain why the case was doomed.
"Not that others should have relief while you are burdened, but that as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their needs, so that their abundance may also supply your needs, that there may be equality."

2 Corinthians 8:13-14

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #39137 on: June 20, 2020, 01:38:37 PM »

Trying to fire the DA who is investigating your cronies.

Re-assigning - like the Navy guy.

They offered him reassignment. He declined.

They announced that he was stepping down. He wasn't.

Your mealy-mouthed attempts to excuse their inexcusable behavior are not quite as bad as theirs as you have no power. But for all that you object when I say this, it remains true: you're an ass.
I think Susan "Learned his lesson" Collins is looking dumber with each passing day. Muller laid out 10 separate episodes of chargeable obstruction of justice. His followers did not care. His party did not even rebuke him, let alone punish him. Since they let him slide on extorting Ukraine he has been "reassigning" anyone who has been investigating his administration.  At best his party has taken it out in the blowing. Mindless Trumpbots like kiid waving large foam rubber index fingers in the air at his every utterance do not care. Until his party or the election stops him, he won't stop.
"Not that others should have relief while you are burdened, but that as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their needs, so that their abundance may also supply your needs, that there may be equality."

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39138 on: June 20, 2020, 01:38:53 PM »

Eskimo Pie joins the Aunt and Uncle on the sidelines of history, as well as Rastus (under any name).

Mrs. Butterworth, too. And Darlie Toothpaste may undergo another change.

I wonder what others we might see change.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #39139 on: June 20, 2020, 01:41:36 PM »

Eskimo Pie joins the Aunt and Uncle on the sidelines of history, as well as Rastus (under any name).

Is it too much to hope we can finally dump "Redskins" and Chief Wahoo on the ash heap of history?

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39140 on: June 20, 2020, 01:43:04 PM »

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39141 on: June 20, 2020, 01:44:41 PM »

https://apnews.com/8b37d1c202a12a2a90096335da8975b4

57% of people rate the US government response to the pandemic as fair or poor, not buying Mike Pence's spin.

“We’ve slowed the spread, we’ve cared for the most vulnerable, we’ve saved lives, and we’ve created a solid foundation for whatever challenges we may face in the future,” wrote Pence, who leads the White House coronavirus task force. “That’s a cause for celebration, not the media’s fear mongering.”

The poll found that only 23% of adults rated the national response as excellent or very good, while an additional 20% rated it as good.

43% of the people answering the poll are deluded fools, "being led by the nose," as Kid would put it.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 01:46:23 PM by Echo4 »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #39143 on: June 20, 2020, 01:50:38 PM »

Is the Hawaian Punch guy still around?

Are the Keebler Elves safe?

Mr Clean?

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #39144 on: June 20, 2020, 01:52:35 PM »

Is it too much to hope we can finally dump "Redskins" and Chief Wahoo on the ash heap of history?
Chief Wahoo already has.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39146 on: June 20, 2020, 02:00:43 PM »

Chief Wahoo already has.

The Cleveland Indians still sell Chief Wahoo merchandise in the official team store in Cleveland, just not online where it could be seen broadly. And they are keeping their trademarks on Tribe and Wahoo, as well as on the logo.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #39147 on: June 20, 2020, 02:10:01 PM »

Is checking a box to absolve Trump campaign for any illness resulting from the rally legally binding?

Fred Whitfield

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39148 on: June 20, 2020, 02:20:27 PM »

Is checking a box to absolve Trump campaign for any illness resulting from the rally legally binding?

Fred Whitfield

I don't know what Fred has to do with anything on this, but I know it's moot.

It's legally binding for anybody who is attending the rally without any pressure to do so - that it, most rally attendees. Any employee, staff member, or the like can sign the form from now til election day and in Oklahoma, at least, it will not be binding. It is also not binding in cases of negligence. If the person signs it and gets sick because the Trump team failed to vet a worker, then the waiver holds no water.

But beyond that, the form is not binding on wives, children, or colleagues. If Max gets sick and gives it to his wife, 99, she can sue Trump's campaign and the arena. If he dies, his heirs can sue.

They are not protected much.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #39149 on: June 20, 2020, 02:31:03 PM »

Its being reported that 6 Trump staffers in Tulsa have tested positive for CV.

karma's a bitch.

Trumpstock2020

Pages: 1 ... 2608 2609 [2610] 2611 2612 ... 4288