Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2627 2628 [2629] 2630 2631 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1784202 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #39420 on: June 22, 2020, 04:28:38 PM »

His criminal machinations are unraveling and he’ll have to resign mid term in hopes his VP will pardon him like Nixon.

I can imagine him resigning before the election.  That seems like a page out of his playbook.  Claim he can't win because the game is rigged.  Thus he avoids "losing" to Biden and can spin it as he "no longer wanted the job/finished the job in the first three years pre china virus" can blame china and antifa etc. etc.

On the other hand I can also see him rallying his base of militia men and republican governors to suppress the vote.   Flag burning bad but mail-in ballot burning?    Let's go!!!!!!!!

It's the year 2020.  Anything can happen.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39421 on: June 22, 2020, 04:30:26 PM »

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53129524?fbclid=IwAR0G8RwgfemHOrG9ks7OaSi7K9xiIKTLN4lBem9MMGlqy59g8SY2dWY0UF8

The Trump team denies that Tik-Tok had any role in their low numbers.

Seems to me that while the culprit his campaign is identifying is obviously wrong, on this they are right.  What role could Tik-Tok activists have played in the nearly empty venue when there was no limit on the tickets the campaign was giving out?  They said they handed out 1 million tix, or 50 times more than the venue could hold.  It isn't like anyone got turned down for one.

They did, of course, raise expectations for crowd size causing the campaign to, amongst other things, waste money on creating an outdoor venue for overflow that they didn't need.  And the walk-of-shame video of a dejected Trump leaving his helicopter was hilarious. 

And to the degree that people stayed away because of COVID transmission fears, well, bravo.  They were Trump fans that showed far more sense than the ones that came anyway, and didn't wear a mask when they got inside.

They only handed out 19,000 tickets.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #39422 on: June 22, 2020, 04:31:41 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/06/22/trump-kung-flu-tulsa-kayleigh-mcenany-covid-19-whpb-sot-crn-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/this-week-in-politics/

Oh, she explains, he doesn't use racist terminology. He just correctly identifies the nation or origin.

And she never lies, either.

I can't wait for her "tell-all" book. 
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #39423 on: June 22, 2020, 05:01:26 PM »

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53129524?fbclid=IwAR0G8RwgfemHOrG9ks7OaSi7K9xiIKTLN4lBem9MMGlqy59g8SY2dWY0UF8

The Trump team denies that Tik-Tok had any role in their low numbers.

Seems to me that while the culprit his campaign is identifying is obviously wrong, on this they are right.  What role could Tik-Tok activists have played in the nearly empty venue when there was no limit on the tickets the campaign was giving out?  They said they handed out 1 million tix, or 50 times more than the venue could hold.  It isn't like anyone got turned down for one.

They did, of course, raise expectations for crowd size causing the campaign to, amongst other things, waste money on creating an outdoor venue for overflow that they didn't need.  And the walk-of-shame video of a dejected Trump leaving his helicopter was hilarious. 

And to the degree that people stayed away because of COVID transmission fears, well, bravo.  They were Trump fans that showed far more sense than the ones that came anyway, and didn't wear a mask when they got inside.

They only handed out 19,000 tickets.

That doesn't line up with the reporting I have seen.  I haven't seen anything that supports that people actually got turned down for a ticket, like it was "sold out" or there was assigned seating.  People got tickets to the rally, and would be diverted to overflow when the venue was full.

That was the plan, anyway, from what I have read.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39424 on: June 22, 2020, 05:29:58 PM »

I admire TR's record on conservation and other things, but have to agree that the composition of this particular statue (with a Native American and black in subservient positions to TR on the horse) is pretty much an insult to PoC....

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/natural-history-museum-remove-teddy-roosevelt-statue-new-york/

Didn't know the statue. I'm surprised it has lasted this long.

The energy on vetting statues and determining their symbolism and value to society is very much misplaced.

That energy could be brought to bear on things that matter far more to people, like food insecurity issues that condemn so many children in the USA to physical and mental health stressors that impair their young lives.

Don't waste time with Stonewall Jackson, when Mrs. Brown's kids down the street are starving.
Why not do both?

I have no issue with "both". But i do think that one is far more important than the other.

Check your privilege,  dude.

Bite me.Dude. Priorities matter.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39425 on: June 22, 2020, 05:36:18 PM »

Two more campaign staff tested positive, but attended the rally. They wore masks the whole time, we are told.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #39426 on: June 22, 2020, 05:43:10 PM »

OMG!
Jimmy Kimmel( he of blackface ignominy) now is discovered using the N-Word
in a song in 1996.
( according to the Cancel  Culture rules of 2020 there is no statue of limitations on that offense). See Jimmy Fallon Faces Backlash For Wearing Blackface in Resurfaced ‘SNL’ Clip-variety.com

Is Kimmel’s scheduled Emmy hosting in Jeopardy?
Should it be?
Discuss.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 05:47:06 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39427 on: June 22, 2020, 05:45:20 PM »

That doesn't line up with the reporting I have seen.  I haven't seen anything that supports that people actually got turned down for a ticket, like it was "sold out" or there was assigned seating.  People got tickets to the rally, and would be diverted to overflow when the venue was full.

That was the plan, anyway, from what I have read.

You're right, I'm wrong.

I read repeatedly about the throngs who had "requested tickets," which I interpreted to mean they did not have them. But "People will be let in on a first-come, first-served basis" seems pretty clear.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #39428 on: June 22, 2020, 06:02:02 PM »

Bambi bleats like sheep he wishes he were fucking. There is never anything to learn from him, just a pile of dirty diapers.

Not using diapers yet, but I know some who are.
You should start considering how often you shit your pants at the thought of African Americans. But then - and this cannot be stated often enough  - you are a RACIST.

You say.
Speaking of that;

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/hispanic-leaders-speak-out/

“We have an aging white America. They are not making babies. They are dying. The explosion is in our population … I love it. They are shitting in their pants with fear. I love it.”

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39429 on: June 22, 2020, 06:05:35 PM »

OMG!
Jimmy Kimmel blah blah blah
Discuss.

Okay.

Ward, you have no comments about the president's claim that he told folks to slow down the testing, the administration and campaign's effort to claim he was kidding, or whether this issue is a laughing matter.

You have no comment to make about the claims that 1,000,000+ wanted to attend this thing, yet under 6700 did; no observation on TikTok's having taken responsibility for the grossly inflated numbers, or the administrations challenge of both the real attendance figure or TikTok's role; nor the failure of the meeting handlers to space things out because Trump doesn't feel it as much when they are spaced out (according to the president, himself).

You also don't have anything to say about Florida's hospitals running out of ICU beds, the fact that our new average daily cases for the past week is the highest it has been in 7 weeks, or anything else.

And the notion of one polling place for more than 600,000 voters doesn't prompt even a bit of surprise, let alone objection, from you.

You want to talk about Jimmy Kimmel.

I would like to discuss your callousness about the American people.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #39430 on: June 22, 2020, 06:08:00 PM »

I admire TR's record on conservation and other things, but have to agree that the composition of this particular statue (with a Native American and black in subservient positions to TR on the horse) is pretty much an insult to PoC....

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/natural-history-museum-remove-teddy-roosevelt-statue-new-york/

Teddy doesn’t deserve to be represented by that statue. He deserves much better.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39431 on: June 22, 2020, 06:08:35 PM »

Bambi bleats like sheep he wishes he were fucking. There is never anything to learn from him, just a pile of dirty diapers.

Not using diapers yet, but I know some who are.
You should start considering how often you shit your pants at the thought of African Americans. But then - and this cannot be stated often enough  - you are a RACIST.

You say.
Speaking of that;

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/hispanic-leaders-speak-out/

“We have an aging white America. They are not making babies. They are dying. The explosion is in our population … I love it. They are shitting in their pants with fear. I love it.”

Can you blame the unnamed leader?!

They are so afraid that they will be treated exactly as they have treated minorities for centuries. And the irony is rich. Had the white folks been better hosts (as the bible tells them to), they would not need to have this fear. Instead, they play the part of Egypt in Exodus, but the folks on the other side don't plan to go. They plan to stay.

It's worse than a plague of locusts, to the white conservative folks!

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #39432 on: June 22, 2020, 06:12:19 PM »

Two perspectives on MJ use and car accident rates....

https://apnews.com/a9d0e5dc3728e8c0b15bd36840548e4f

https://youtu.be/jo11SqLmuGc

Can’t drive drunk so can’t drive high.

Difference is drunk drivers run stop signs, high drivers wait for them to turn green.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #39433 on: June 22, 2020, 06:13:51 PM »

You know a party is failing on the real issues when one of its supporters devotes three pages here obsessing over flag burning.

Remember, bambu is not an American. He comes from a land down under, where Errol Flynn and Mel Brooks, and many more Nazi sympathizers come from....

Mel Brooks?  I am fairly certain he was born in Brooklyn.

He must be thinking about his remake of ‘To Be Or Not To Be’.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #39434 on: June 22, 2020, 06:20:37 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 2627 2628 [2629] 2630 2631 ... 4288