Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2686 2687 [2688] 2689 2690 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1604204 times)

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #40305 on: June 27, 2020, 09:40:42 PM »

Many of the White protesters in the streets could be  leftists cheering for Biden's promise of
 "100% renewables by 2050".
Biden maybe won't even be alive in 2050, let alone be having anything to do with running the country then.
So any promises he makes like that are basically hollow.

Just like JFK's empty promise to reach the moon by the end of the decade.

Bambi is a racist troll.

100% renewables in America by 2050....is simply not possili?  it
Many of the White protesters in the streets could be  leftists cheering for Biden's promise of
 "100% renewables by 2050".
Biden maybe won't even be alive in 2050, let alone be having anything to do with running the country then.
So any promises he makes like that are basically hollow.
Many of them seem like they might never have spent a day in the workforce.
When they find our how much it's all going to cost them they might not see things in the same light.
In America, there seems to be an idea that most White people, in some form of guilt trip over slavery, White privilege etc...are   are going to be selling all their assets and giving the proceeds to Black people.
It's wishful thinking...fantasy even.

Nobody but you has that notion.

And you're a racist, who makes up shit to argue against.

It's called "redistribute the wealth"...one of Marx and the leftists' favourites.
Death duties, but one segment of the manifesto.

No, that is not what it is called and that is not what any redistribution suggestion looks like.

Nor are "death duties" on inheritances over $11,800,000 dollars at all that. It impacts fewer than 1 in 1000 families. And it ranges from 15-40%, which is still not going to leave any of those poor beleaguered millionaires out in the cold.

It reverts to $5m estates in 2026.
There go many farms having to be sold to pay the death tax.
Trump should be going hard on that.

Your continuing lack of understanding of our system is unastounding. It is scheduled to revert in 2026. It will either be superseded by then or we will have bigger troubles. At $5.3 million, it impacted 1 in 700 families.

Ditto our economy. "In 2015, family farms accounted for 99 percent of all U.S. farms and 89 percent of production. That same year, 90 percent of U.S. farms were considered small family operations with less than $350,000 in annual gross cash farm income (GCFI)." No, not very many farms will have to be sold, even in your imaginary world.

Do your research or shut the fuck up.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40306 on: June 27, 2020, 09:41:19 PM »

Going big

Green New Deal
Medicare for at least All who want it
National policing standards
Financial transparency
Statehood for DC & Puerto Rico
Forgiveness of student debt
Decriminalization of cannabis
Strict gun control
ERA
Wealth & Inheritance & Financial transaction tax
Fully fund IRS & EPA & FSA & USPS
Initiate non-profit postal banking
Free two year college, any associates at any time
Heavy investment in minority owned small business
Heavy investment in low income areas and all public schools
Paid sick and parental leave
Transparency and public auditing of all non classified government activity
Mandated voting seats for workers on all corporate boards
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40307 on: June 27, 2020, 09:43:06 PM »

as for Fac and Echo, they can both fuck off.  They hate - because it feels good.

All you bring to the game is distraction and lies. No facts. No evidence. No responses, even when you say "answer this and I will explain..."

You lie because it feels good. You pretend you are not here to debate or argue.

While I am fucking off, you should eat shit. It should be easy with your head that far up your rectum.

Echo4,  SnootNoseKid, like JimRedNuts, is just here to LOL.  Last time I answered a Kiid's request for "How do you think it should have gone" at the Wendy's in Atlanta....absolutely no response.
Which is fine.  I typically do not read any post from him, Jim or the MoronDownUnder.

Don't let them get to you too much, I assure you they are not worth your time.

They don't get me down, except that they are good proxies for the kind of folks who occupy 30-35% of the electorate and they have children.

They depress me a bit because they are so sure of their own doom that they are killing themselves (either directly or by slow poison) at such rates that the life expectancy for middle Americans is decreasing, unlike most of the rest of the country.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40308 on: June 27, 2020, 09:44:50 PM »

Intellectual backlash?
Nice.
Best to make sure it doesn't kill off incentive.
Why work like a dog 18 hours a day if you're not gonna end up rich?

It doesn't stop anybody from becoming rich.

It didn't stop people from working hard to build wealth when our top marginal rate was 90%.

And, for all that you and Kid and Ward still don't accept it, not everybody has your worldview.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #40309 on: June 27, 2020, 09:45:44 PM »

What next?
Marxist leftists introducing decrees making inheritors purchase hereditary properties?
I think no matter what happens you'll be able to keep your basement in Sydney.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40310 on: June 27, 2020, 09:46:50 PM »

What next?
Marxist leftists introducing decrees making inheritors purchase hereditary properties?
I think no matter what happens you'll be able to keep your basement in Sydney.

Heh.

He deleted it right after you replied.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40311 on: June 27, 2020, 09:47:50 PM »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40312 on: June 27, 2020, 09:48:50 PM »

The OECD report observes that the decline of wealth taxes has been driven both by “administrative concerns and by the observation that net wealth taxes have frequently failed to meet their redistributive goals.”

More broadly, the overall trend in tax policy over the past several decades has been for countries to compete with each other to become investor-friendly with lower top marginal income tax rates, lower corporate income tax rates, and the elimination of wealth taxes. The general idea has been that while such policies might increase inequality they will also, by attracting investment, ultimately boost economic growth and make everyone better off.

In practice, while inequality has risen economic growth rates in the developed world have slowed. That doesn’t prove that the tax policy changes were a mistake — perhaps growth would have slowed even more without them. But in the wake of the Great Recession, the observation that the promised growth boom did not occur has spurred growing intellectual interest in a change of approach. Warren’s proposal — like Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s Saez-inspired call for a 70 percent top marginal income tax rate — is a sign that the intellectual backlash is now reaching into the realm of practical politics.

#####

Intellectual backlash?
Nice.
Best to make sure it doesn't kill off incentive.
Why work like a dog 18 hours a day if you're not gonna end up rich?
Ask the hispanic people picking lettuce.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40313 on: June 27, 2020, 09:59:01 PM »

Daily new deaths on the 7 day rolling average are down to 594.

Three months ago (and 3 days), Kid wondered whether we could get this virus to "act more like the flu."

I then shared Swine Flu numbers with him - it killed more than 225,000 in 335 days. At this point in the swine flu (okay, 3 days), it had killed almost 44,000. I observed that if we kept the numbers we saw in late March from climbing, but not reduced either, we would see 128,000 at the end of May.

We knocked them down - we hit 128,000 at the end of June, instead - only two months faster than the Swine Flu. By the end of July we will know if we are doing better than the 1918 pandemic. We might be - it is not causing the same kind of abrupt deaths that 1918 saw, except for diabetics.

But a week after the IHME prediction of 179k at October 1, we already have 3,000 more dead than their model had us at on June 27th.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40315 on: June 27, 2020, 10:21:00 PM »

Dear President Trump,

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40316 on: June 27, 2020, 10:28:58 PM »

One of the things that the Floyd-related protests have done is force police departments to go back and review dubious cases, of which there seems to be no shortage.

This is about a 2014 "arrest" that came shortly before Eric Garner was murdered.

https://thegrio.com/2020/06/26/florida-cops-shot-unarmed-black-man/?fbclid=IwAR2TXc-LukN9s2f1dXaYkXYl9RVsYZg3WijDqvEJ17ztHz5g8_uW0rBi_PY

It turns out that the police lied about what happened and so did the inspector who reviewed the case.

Oh, so surprised. Just a few bad apples. This was not the first death at the hands of these folks, either.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40317 on: June 27, 2020, 10:38:50 PM »

Kid -

Why would I hate?

Because people like you support actions like this from the GOP:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/obama-ebola-coronavirus-trump-congress-tea-party-a9469186.html?fbclid=IwAR2q_Qd5eHGm4SPbBSkz2Sk2rkvmXRnp0qmMRIss_5SvWml3RR5kVw2r7mo

Because people like you remain silent while the president lets Russia put bounties on our soldiers' heads.

Because you continue to be silent about the plan to get rid of Obamacare, then complain that I "hate" because it "makes me happy."

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40318 on: June 27, 2020, 10:43:35 PM »

Good cops?

Sure. I believe they should be saluted and appreciated widely!

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40319 on: June 27, 2020, 10:45:29 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 2686 2687 [2688] 2689 2690 ... 4288