Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2688 2689 [2690] 2691 2692 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2008785 times)

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #40335 on: June 28, 2020, 02:18:19 AM »

Fuck?

It’s barely July!

https://twitter.com/hotzoneme/status/1277111596440072193?s=21

*checks*

Not even.

But clearly, June is almost over so the next act is warming up.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40336 on: June 28, 2020, 02:18:38 AM »

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40338 on: June 28, 2020, 02:40:09 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/pennells/videos/10157816446706634/

If only we had all realized that Rev. Copeland had eliminated COVID-19 back on March 29th, we could have all been breathing easier this whole time.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40339 on: June 28, 2020, 02:44:28 AM »

https://twitter.com/gtconway3d/status/1276891126042169344?s=12&fbclid=IwAR3JQDGBqM7cuvL7S7t5wDfsgnJzOtVHbtGrGZGtT9mpePeO65OkzHL4dBw

Can't imagine why the president decided not to go to New Jersey to play golf today. Must have been national security or concerns about that report he learned they had failed to share with him concerning Russia and our soldiers, whose well-being is always in Trump's mind.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40340 on: June 28, 2020, 03:42:40 AM »

Trump also pushed back on the story that the Department of Justice is asking the Supreme Court to kill the Affordable Care Act. “Now that the very expensive, unpopular and unfair Individual Mandate provision has been terminated by us,” he tweeted, “many States & the U.S. are asking the Supreme Court that Obamacare itself be terminate so that it can be replaced with a FAR BETTER AND MUCH LESS EXPENSIVE ALTERNATIVE…. Obamacare is a joke! Deductible is far too high and the overall cost is ridiculous. My Administration has gone out of its way to manage OC much better than previous, but it is still no good. I will ALWAYS PROTECT PEOPLE WITH PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS.”

Liar, liar, pants on fire.

p.s. (a) I love ACA on a personal basis; (b) my premium is $90/month and my deductible is very reasonable; (c) I have gotten top notch treatment on a timely basis, with one exception; and (d) Trump's administration has undersold and understaffed ACA from the start, trying to minimize those signing up by not advertising it.

I suppose he could argue that he is bolstering it by letting so many people catch COVID-19...

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #40341 on: June 28, 2020, 04:24:02 AM »

In America, there seems to be an idea that most White people, in some form of guilt trip over slavery, White privilege etc...are   are going to be selling all their assets and giving the proceeds to Black people.
It's wishful thinking...fantasy even.

That's silly nonsense.
But it's not just slavery. After that period of atrocity, there was another 100 years of legalized segregation and discrimination backed by violence and the power of the state.  My reparations for that would be to offer every Black student a free college scholarship to whatever university they got into.  We're willing to put Black people in prison at the same cost, might as well give them something positive to strive for.  25 years of such a policy would help re-balance society and create a more level playing field.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #40342 on: June 28, 2020, 05:18:52 AM »

I prefer for every country in the '"Christian West" to be White majority, and every governing parliament in those countries to be White majority.
Why?
Because I've studied countries that aren't like that and I do not like what I see.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #40343 on: June 28, 2020, 05:59:00 AM »

But the japs are honorary whites, right?
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #40344 on: June 28, 2020, 06:33:33 AM »

But the japs are honorary whites, right?

They are not of "White European Appearance".
The police describe them as being "of Asian appearance" if they're issuing descriptions of persons being sought for some reason.
"An elderly man has wandered away from the aged care facility. He is described as being "of Asian appearance."
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #40345 on: June 28, 2020, 06:59:37 AM »

honorary
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #40346 on: June 28, 2020, 07:01:23 AM »

honorary

Not in my mind.

Japan is not classed as a "Christian country " in the 'book'.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 07:04:48 AM by bambu. »

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #40347 on: June 28, 2020, 09:11:18 AM »

Liz Cheney posts photo of former VP in face mask and says 'real men wear masks'

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/26/politics/cheney-face-mask-real-men-wear-masks/index.html

Thousands more will die because of his failed leadership. America has dropped to the bottom of the C-19 crap list.

Coronavirus cases worldwide top 10 million with nearly half a million deaths — and 25% are in the US

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/28/coronavirus-cases-worldwide-top-10-million-near-half-a-million-deaths.html
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #40348 on: June 28, 2020, 09:43:14 AM »

Trump Administration has known about this since March:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/26/us/politics/russia-afghanistan-bounties.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

An operation to incentivize the killing of American and other NATO troops would be a significant and provocative escalation of what American and Afghan officials have said is Russian support for the Taliban, and it would be the first time the Russian spy unit was known to have orchestrated attacks on Western troops.

Any involvement with the Taliban that resulted in the deaths of American troops would also be a huge escalation of Russia’s so-called hybrid war against the United States, a strategy of destabilizing adversaries through a combination of such tactics as cyberattacks, the spread of fake news and covert and deniable military operations.

---

As of this moment, Trump has not authorized a single response.  Not one.  Not even a diplomatic complaint.

And two months after he was briefed on this, it apparently didn't come up in a call the two had, and Trump said he wanted to invite Putin to rejoin the G7.

This is the tough guy Trumpists are in love with...

He is a traitor.

The defense on this is that Trump was never briefed on this significant escalation of the war in Afghanistan perpetrated by our most active global rival.  Right.  That is some defense.

Either it is a huge indictment of the shoddy organization Trump has built around himself, its his officials reacting to his own incurious nature to just not tell him you know, important stuff, or they didn't tell him because they anticipated his non-reaction and knew this would be telling re: Trump's relationship to Putin.  Or, of course, its a lie.

But lie or not (and it very probably is a lie) it is just more evidence that really the US does not have a President right now.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #40349 on: June 28, 2020, 09:46:50 AM »

And speaking of Trump not being a President, on twitter today he is thanking "great people" chanting "White Power!" for their support.

We know he likes to lob distractions at the media to cover up coming stories by doing something controversial.  So maybe his enabling the killing of US Troops in Afghanistan thing is about to blow up. 

Or maybe kiidcarter8's "president" is a racist.

Of course, its probably both.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020
Pages: 1 ... 2688 2689 [2690] 2691 2692 ... 4288