Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2689 2690 [2691] 2692 2693 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2008932 times)

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #40350 on: June 28, 2020, 10:00:13 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/27/politics/social-distancing-stickers-trump-campaign-tulsa-rally/index.html

I know this has been posted about here already, but...jesus, this everything Trumpist, as it is both stupid and revealing of their malice and contempt and totally ineffectual.

Revealing of malice and contempt because they are consciously putting the health of their own supporters at risk for tiny political advantage.  "Who cares if people die, this is going to look great on TV!"

Stupid because if they had not removed the stickers, the arena would have looked more full, and they would have had a ready excuse for it being at 1/3 capacity.

Ineffectual because, of course, the only thing that rally will be remembered for will be the massive amounts of empty seats.

Only the best people!
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40351 on: June 28, 2020, 10:05:42 AM »

If most white people were suddenly black they’d be fucked like the proverbial “fish out of water.”

In reverse most black people would be just fine because we already navigate through two different worlds.

But if whites were all then black,where'd be the conflict?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #40352 on: June 28, 2020, 10:06:24 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/27/politics/social-distancing-stickers-trump-campaign-tulsa-rally/index.html

I know this has been posted about here already, but...jesus, this everything Trumpist, as it is both stupid and revealing of their malice and contempt and totally ineffectual.

Revealing of malice and contempt because they are consciously putting the health of their own supporters at risk for tiny political advantage.  "Who cares if people die, this is going to look great on TV!"

Stupid because if they had not removed the stickers, the arena would have looked more full, and they would have had a ready excuse for it being at 1/3 capacity.

Ineffectual because, of course, the only thing that rally will be remembered for will be the massive amounts of empty seats.

Only the best people!

I'm also going to point out that this is Pence getting caught in a lie.  The campaign didn't "work with officials in Tulsa" to make a safe environment for people to participate in the political process.  Arena officials tried to do the right thing here.  But the campaign undermined those efforts a few hours before the event started.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #40353 on: June 28, 2020, 10:12:37 AM »

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1277202159109537793?s=20

First, Mark Meadows wasn't chief of staff when the briefing would have taken place. 

Second, ok, lets say you weren't briefed or told about this.  What are you going to do now that you are aware of this?  Because when you deny the veracity of the intelligence in your next breath, it sure seems like the answer to that is "nothing."  And that confirms the point of the story, doesn't contradict it. 

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40354 on: June 28, 2020, 10:32:48 AM »

Just read about 9 pages of vitriol here.

There are no women on this forum.

And the testosterone infused arguments generally just lead to personal insults.

No one seems to ever concede that someone else may have a valid point.

The few Henry Fonda moments of lucid and rational thought are quickly shouted down or memed out of existence.

Really the forum needs a new title; one that captured it's true nature.

I suggest "Twelve Angry Men".

Consider these 3 quotes from that brilliant work of art, and how they seem so fitting a description of what goes on here.

"Facts may be colored by the personalities of the people who present them."

"It's very hard to keep personal prejudice out of a thing like this. And no matter where you run into it, prejudice obscures the truth."

TEN [exploding]. Bright! He's a common ignorant slob. He don't even speak good English!
ELEVEN [slowly]. He doesn't even speak good English.

Gentlemen...I ask you to consider this truth in labeling recommendation.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

barton

« Reply #40355 on: June 28, 2020, 10:48:34 AM »

Fuck?

It’s barely July!

https://twitter.com/hotzoneme/status/1277111596440072193?s=21

Hey,  the more you test for radioactive isotopes in the air,  the more of those isotopes there are.   Haven't those stupid Swedes learned anything from Trump??

barton

« Reply #40356 on: June 28, 2020, 11:02:58 AM »

We can appreciate him fully warts and all and keep his various monuments. It’s not hard.

Andrew Jackson is a piece of shit.

He can have a urinal next to the one with trump’s hideous face....

I think "warts" is key to this whole debate.   If they did more good than harm,  maybe keep monuments and street names and buildings, and put up plaques that describe how they were a mix of good and bad,  products of their historical era.   

JOSH - it's up to you,  but my feel is your cardiovascular health would gain if you don't bother with every dumb troll-fart that Kid and Red splatter out.   

barton

« Reply #40357 on: June 28, 2020, 11:08:38 AM »

I prefer for every country in the '"Christian West" to be White majority, and every governing parliament in those countries to be White majority.
Why?
Because I've studied countries that aren't like that and I do not like what I see.

I bolded Christian,  mainly for the irony value.    What a spectacularly UNchristian post.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40358 on: June 28, 2020, 11:09:08 AM »

I prefer for every country in the '"Christian West" to be White majority, and every governing parliament in those countries to be White majority.
Why?
Because I've studied countries that aren't like that and I do not like what I see.

What do you propose in your racist worldview to do about the declining white birthrate?

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40359 on: June 28, 2020, 11:09:52 AM »

honorary

Not in my mind.

Japan is not classed as a "Christian country " in the 'book'.

Is Israel?

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40360 on: June 28, 2020, 11:14:00 AM »

I am pretty sure that if there is a spread of disease through those attendees and their loved ones and communities that it is going to be remembered for

(a) disease.
and
(b) removing those stickers.

I WANT us to be bringing up those stickers between now and Election Day as simple reminders of the callousness of this president and how they would rather indulge his whims than protect people.

Yes, it has been posted before. It needs to be posted again and again, outside of Elba.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40361 on: June 28, 2020, 11:14:56 AM »

If most white people were suddenly black they’d be fucked like the proverbial “fish out of water.”

In reverse most black people would be just fine because we already navigate through two different worlds.

Inane question, but simple put, you don't think they would be happy, do you?!

Echo4

• View Profile
Twelve Angry Men
« Reply #40362 on: June 28, 2020, 11:18:06 AM »

Gentlemen...I ask you to consider this truth in labeling recommendation.

There was one not all that long ago.

Not sure why she left, though listening to the arguments that she must be one of us was pretty funny.

barton

« Reply #40363 on: June 28, 2020, 11:20:42 AM »

That quip crossed my mind,  but I was able to infer his actual meaning which was what if white people woke up and experienced what it's like to be a discriminated against minority...

It's at least worth trying as a mental exercise.   I had a friend who actually underwent the experience,  living in an Asian town where white people were widely looked down on,  disliked,  and called racist names.   She and her family found it pretty shattering.   

barton

« Reply #40364 on: June 28, 2020, 11:27:24 AM »

Just read about 9 pages of vitriol here.

And the testosterone infused arguments generally just lead to personal insults.

Newsflash -- heated arguments do not require testosterone.  (and given what I suspect is the average age on this forum,  and that testosterone level drops pretty steadily from age 30 onward,  I really doubt that little hormone is the culprit)
Pages: 1 ... 2689 2690 [2691] 2692 2693 ... 4288