Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2780 2781 [2782] 2783 2784 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1596134 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #41715 on: July 07, 2020, 03:06:08 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/07/tech/us-tiktok-ban/index.html

Pompeo says the US is looking at banning TikTok.

What an asinine idea!

Not to mention an exercise in futility that will prove to be unconstitutional.

Are you being sarcastic?  If you have it you should probably delete it.

https://www.boredpanda.com/tik-tok-reverse-engineered-data-information-collecting/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41716 on: July 07, 2020, 03:19:16 PM »

4.5 hrs ago NSW southern border with Victoria was closed...sealed shut.
4 major highways, 55 crossing points including 33 bridges ...checkpoints established, police and army patrolling.
Fixed-wing aircraft, drones will be patrolling the border looking for anyone trying to cross illegally.
No papers/official permits, not allowed to cross into bordertown Albury in NSW.
If Australia really wants to rid itself of a loathsome plague they should seal off your mother's basement,  Cask of Amontillado style.
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

barton

« Reply #41717 on: July 07, 2020, 03:20:11 PM »

Tiktok is a horrible spy app.   I'm a web admin and I've warned my kids off of it.   Thanks for posting that,  Kam.   

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #41718 on: July 07, 2020, 03:21:35 PM »

DeBlasio’s NYC after reducing the Police Department.:

Statistics:

The NYPD has the same number of employees as it did 3 months ago, give or take a couple.

LOL!
Only because 600 Plainclothes officers were reassigned.  Now the thugs have more freedom to roam the streets and commit mayhem. Which accounts for shootings and murders spiking in the last two months. And nearly all the victims are minorities.  DeBlasio, by your standards, is an obvious racist.

You claimed this was "after reducing" the department, when no reducing took place.
LOL!
Taking 600 cops OFF the streets is reducing the department.

They didn't take them off the streets. They took them out of the plainclothes unit, ONE of which was disbanded.
DeBlasio took 600 plainclothes police officers off the streets.
And the carnage of minority murder victims is a scandal.  Except to you.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #41719 on: July 07, 2020, 03:24:04 PM »

The elephant, Buffalo and impala aren’t armed and disputing corners.

I don't know why you guys are talking about the Lieing King, but watch out for Scar, the hyenas and fucking McConnell.

MM may look like a dim-witted turtle, but if given the chance, he'll steal your food, claim your water, and piss all over your territory.

I used a metaphor about the rise in gun violence over the last few weeks.

So Utley or his shade is making a federal case out of it.

Knicks

I was pretty sure you guys were going to start singing Hakuna McConnell

Hakuna McConnell!
What a wonderful phrase
Hakuna McConnell
Puts da Dems in a haze
It means no taxes
For the rest of your days
It's a regulation-free society
Hakuna MConnell!

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #41720 on: July 07, 2020, 03:38:54 PM »

« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 03:41:03 PM by kidcarter8 »
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Yankguy1

• View Profile
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #41722 on: July 07, 2020, 03:40:22 PM »

It started in the Oregon sewer.  When nothing was done about that car-stopping incident others decided to copycat.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

barton

« Reply #41723 on: July 07, 2020, 03:44:20 PM »

https://www.the-sun.com/news/1097813/blm-protesters-ran-over-attempted-lynching-indiana/

Red.

Folks have to refrain from trying to stop cars with their bodies to
Wow.

Funny,  I was taught the primary moral obligation was on operators of 1+ ton machines to not conduct potentially lethal attacks on pedestrians.  It was sort of a big thing in drivers ed class.   And kinda intuitive for most people.   

barton

« Reply #41724 on: July 07, 2020, 03:45:23 PM »

It started in the Oregon sewer.  When nothing was done about that car-stopping incident others decided to copycat.

The sewer lies inside your skull,  not Portland.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #41725 on: July 07, 2020, 03:52:06 PM »

1776 represented the culmination of thousands of years of Western civilization and the triumph of not only spirit, but of wisdom, philosophy, and reason. And yet, as we meet here tonight, there is a growing danger that threatens every blessing our ancestors fought so hard for, struggled, they bled to secure.
 Our nation is witnessing a merciless campaign to wipe out our history, defame our heroes, erase our values, and indoctrinate our children. Angry mobs are trying to tear down statues of our founders, deface our most sacred memorials, and unleash a wave of violent crime in our cities. Many of these people have no idea why they’re doing this, but some know what they are doing. They think the American people are weak and soft and submissive, but no, the American people are strong and proud and they will not allow our country and all of its values, history, and culture to be taken from them.

Donald Trump: (09:17)
 One of their political weapons is cancel culture, driving people from their jobs, shaming dissenters, and demanding total submission from anyone who disagrees. This is the very definition of totalitarianism, and it is completely alien to our culture and to our values and it has absolutely no place in the United States of America.

Donald Trump: (10:24)
 This attack on our liberty, our magnificent liberty must be stopped and it will be stopped very quickly. We will expose this dangerous movement, protect our nation’s children from this radical assault, and preserve our beloved American way of life. In our schools, our newsrooms, even our corporate boardrooms, there is a new far-left fascism that demands absolute allegiance. If you do not speak its language, perform its rituals, recite its mantras, and follow its commandments, then you will be censored, banished, blacklisted, persecuted, and punished. It’s not going to happen to us.

Donald Trump: (11:25)
 Make no mistake. This left-wing cultural revolution is designed to overthrow the American Revolution. In so doing they would destroy the very civilization that rescued billions from poverty, disease, violence, and hunger, and that lifted humanity to new heights of achievement, discovery, and progress. To make this possible, they are determined to tear down every statue, symbol, and memory of our national heritage.

Crowd: (12:08)
 Not on my watch.

Donald Trump: (12:09)
 True. That’s very true actually. That is why I am deploying federal law enforcement to protect our monuments, arrest the rioters, and prosecutors offenders to the fullest extent of the law.

Crowd: (12:28)
 Four more years! Four more years! Four more years!

#####

Indeed.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 03:56:31 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #41726 on: July 07, 2020, 04:00:52 PM »

The elephant, Buffalo and impala aren’t armed and disputing corners.

The elephant and buffalo are armed. They also work in collaboration.

You seem more like the Impala.

The lions and leopards dispute territory. The cheetah has to work fast, and eat fast. Because the hyenas will come to steal his food.
The hippo is more of a soloist, and kills whoever gets in his way.

The baboons sit in the trees and taunt.

You can find all of these represented in ANY neighborhood.

But all the best neighborhoods have elephants. Matriarchal societies who take care of their own.

I believe my first sentence referenced the increase of gun violence across the nation. You took my metaphor to Botswana and back.

So I guess that makes you the baboon.

No. You just can't read well.

You wrote the analogy. Now that you can't clarify it without taking offense or without twisting others' words indicates something about your nature, not mine.

Be well. And look both ways before crossing the street.

I stand by the original post.

I said what I said.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #41727 on: July 07, 2020, 04:02:52 PM »

1776 represented the culmination of thousands of years of Western civilization and the triumph of not only spirit, but of wisdom, philosophy, and reason. And yet, as we meet here tonight, there is a growing danger that threatens every blessing our ancestors fought so hard for, struggled, they bled to secure.
 Our nation is witnessing a merciless campaign to wipe out our history, defame our heroes, erase our values, and indoctrinate our children. Angry mobs are trying to tear down statues of our founders, deface our most sacred memorials, and unleash a wave of violent crime in our cities. Many of these people have no idea why they’re doing this, but some know what they are doing. They think the American people are weak and soft and submissive, but no, the American people are strong and proud and they will not allow our country and all of its values, history, and culture to be taken from them.

One of their political weapons is cancel culture, driving people from their jobs, shaming dissenters, and demanding total submission from anyone who disagrees. This is the very definition of totalitarianism, and it is completely alien to our culture and to our values and it has absolutely no place in the United States of America.

This attack on our liberty, our magnificent liberty must be stopped and it will be stopped very quickly. We will expose this dangerous movement, protect our nation’s children from this radical assault, and preserve our beloved American way of life. In our schools, our newsrooms, even our corporate boardrooms, there is a new far-left fascism that demands absolute allegiance. If you do not speak its language, perform its rituals, recite its mantras, and follow its commandments, then you will be censored, banished, blacklisted, persecuted, and punished. It’s not going to happen to us.

Make no mistake. This left-wing cultural revolution is designed to overthrow the American Revolution. In so doing they would destroy the very civilization that rescued billions from poverty, disease, violence, and hunger, and that lifted humanity to new heights of achievement, discovery, and progress. To make this possible, they are determined to tear down every statue, symbol, and memory of our national heritage.

Not on my watch.

True. That’s very true actually. That is why I am deploying federal law enforcement to protect our monuments, arrest the rioters, and prosecutors offenders to the fullest extent of the law.

#####

Indeed.
Thanks for the translation.  I've only seen the transcript of the speech in its original German.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bankshot1

• View Profile

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #41729 on: July 07, 2020, 04:14:18 PM »

Not on my watch.

#####

Indeed.
Thanks for the translation.  I've only seen the transcript of the speech in its original German.

LOL

From my observations, every word of it is true...that's exactly what is going on in America and the rest of the West today.
Go woke, go broke.
Pages: 1 ... 2780 2781 [2782] 2783 2784 ... 4288