Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2781 2782 [2783] 2784 2785 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1595304 times)

Echo2

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #41730 on: July 07, 2020, 04:14:28 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/07/tech/us-tiktok-ban/index.html

Pompeo says the US is looking at banning TikTok.

What an asinine idea!

Not to mention an exercise in futility that will prove to be unconstitutional.

Are you being sarcastic?  If you have it you should probably delete it.

https://www.boredpanda.com/tik-tok-reverse-engineered-data-information-collecting/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

I don't have it.

But blocking it is likely to be futile.

And we (the US) permit so many spying methods in our lives that I don't see why this one should be blocked more than the others.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #41731 on: July 07, 2020, 04:17:19 PM »

Mr Pompeo knows all.
If he wants to ban it, then I stand with him.
Go woke, go broke.

Echo2

• View Profile
« Reply #41732 on: July 07, 2020, 04:19:12 PM »

DeBlasio’s NYC after reducing the Police Department.:

Statistics:

The NYPD has the same number of employees as it did 3 months ago, give or take a couple.

LOL!
Only because 600 Plainclothes officers were reassigned.  Now the thugs have more freedom to roam the streets and commit mayhem. Which accounts for shootings and murders spiking in the last two months. And nearly all the victims are minorities.  DeBlasio, by your standards, is an obvious racist.

You claimed this was "after reducing" the department, when no reducing took place.
LOL!
Taking 600 cops OFF the streets is reducing the department.

They didn't take them off the streets. They took them out of the plainclothes unit, ONE of which was disbanded.
DeBlasio took 600 plainclothes police officers off the streets.

You keep saying that.

It continues to not be true.

He dismantled the unit.

What is it that you think he did with those employees? Stacked them on closets? Put them all on desk duty?

No. He took them out of plainclothes. (And no, he did not send them out naked, either.) They got assigned to other divisions, instead of what they had been doing, undercover. Let me know if you find ANY (fucking) evidence that they were all assigned desk jobs off the streets.

Echo2

• View Profile
« Reply #41733 on: July 07, 2020, 04:19:54 PM »

It started in the Oregon sewer.  When nothing was done about that car-stopping incident others decided to copycat.

Short memory.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41734 on: July 07, 2020, 04:21:02 PM »

DeBlasio took 600 plainclothes police officers off the streets.
And the carnage of minority murder victims is a scandal.  Except to you.

Since you’ve said it, it definitely isn’t so.

You being dead wrong is supported by all the external data brought to the discussion.

It’s good to know my people back in New York are at much less risk of be the victim of a violent attack than being killed by a trump policy.

You being a transparent link in the conservative human centipede is a great service to us here, Red. We get to see all the crap passing through that circuit without having to touch, smell, or otherwise be contaminated by it. Thanks!
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #41735 on: July 07, 2020, 04:21:27 PM »

Mr Pompeo knows all.

Mr. Pompeo is praying for the Apocalypse... he lives to be Raptured.

Are you ready to be left behind?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #41736 on: July 07, 2020, 04:21:52 PM »

Mary Trump's tell-all book about Uncle donnie looks like it might make for fun reading.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/07/us/politics/mary-trump-book.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

According to the article

As a high school student in Queens, Ms. Trump writes, Donald Trump paid someone to take a precollegiate test, the SAT, on his behalf. The high score the proxy earned for him, Ms. Trump adds, helped the young Mr. Trump to later gain admittance when he transferred as an undergraduate to the University of Pennsylvania’s prestigious Wharton business school.

I think this might explain his aversion to testing, and his need to mistate test results.

Echo2

• View Profile
« Reply #41737 on: July 07, 2020, 04:23:12 PM »

Donald Trump: (09:17)
 One of their political weapons is cancel culture, driving people from their jobs, shaming dissenters, and demanding total submission from anyone who disagrees.
 demands absolute allegiance. If you do not speak its language, perform its rituals, recite its mantras, and follow its commandments, then you will be censored, banished, blacklisted, persecuted, and punished.[/color]

A week exactly after his inauguration, seated for dinner at a small, oval table in the Green Room of the White House, Donald Trump said to the head of the Federal Bureau of Investigation what might end up being the six most consequential words of his presidency.

“I need loyalty, I expect loyalty.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-loyalty-questionaire-white-house-aides-a9376771.html

Anything Trump complains about somebody else doing it is because he does it.

Echo2

• View Profile
« Reply #41738 on: July 07, 2020, 04:24:07 PM »

From my observations, every word of it is true...that's exactly what is going on in America and the rest of the West today.

You have zero observation skills.

You've already proven that.

Echo2

• View Profile
« Reply #41739 on: July 07, 2020, 04:25:22 PM »

Mr Pompeo knows all.

He has no power to ban it. We'll see if those who have the power to try to do so and then if those who have the power to adjudicate such a ban permit it.

Mr. Pompeo is an ignorant, intolerant religious bigot.

Echo2

• View Profile
« Reply #41740 on: July 07, 2020, 04:28:04 PM »

AntiKid says "Dow down more than 300 points!"

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #41741 on: July 07, 2020, 04:33:16 PM »

Mr Pompeo knows all.

Mr. Pompeo is praying for the Apocalypse... he lives to be Raptured.

Are you ready to be left behind?

Left being the relative word...red flag.
Everything connected with it should be banned.
Dimwits in the west have been bowing before it...they should stop doing that.

Clive Hamilton was on my tv...he knows his stuff.
Got a new book;

https://www.booktopia.com.au/hidden-hand-clive-hamilton/book/9781743795576.html

In this landmark follow-up to the bestselling Silent Invasion, Hidden Hand exposes the Chinese Communist Party’s global program of influence and subversion, and the threat it poses to democracy.

With its enormous economic power, China is now a global political and military force engaged in an ideological struggle with the West. Combining a mass of evidence with unique insights, Clive Hamilton and Mareike Ohlberg lay bare the nature and extent of the Chinese Communist Party’s influence operations across the Western world – in politics, business, universities, think tanks and international institutions such as the UN. This new authoritarian power is using democracy to undermine democracy in pursuit of its global ambitions.

Combining meticulous research with compelling prose, Hidden Hand brings to light the Chinese Communist Party's threats to democratic freedoms and national sovereignty across Europe and North America – and show how we might push back against its autocratic influence.

About the Authors

Clive Hamilton is an Australian academic and author. His book on China’s influence operations in Australia, Silent Invasion, was a national bestseller that propelled him to the centre of the China debate at home and abroad. His articles have appeared in the Guardian, New York Times, Foreign Affairs and THES.
Go woke, go broke.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #41742 on: July 07, 2020, 05:20:28 PM »

He dismantled the unit.

By Jove!
I think you got it!
LOL

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41743 on: July 07, 2020, 05:29:41 PM »

The elephant, Buffalo and impala aren’t armed and disputing corners.

The elephant and buffalo are armed. They also work in collaboration.

You seem more like the Impala.

The lions and leopards dispute territory. The cheetah has to work fast, and eat fast. Because the hyenas will come to steal his food.
The hippo is more of a soloist, and kills whoever gets in his way.

The baboons sit in the trees and taunt.

You can find all of these represented in ANY neighborhood.

But all the best neighborhoods have elephants. Matriarchal societies who take care of their own.

I believe my first sentence referenced the increase of gun violence across the nation. You took my metaphor to Botswana and back.

So I guess that makes you the baboon.

No. You just can't read well.

You wrote the analogy. Now that you can't clarify it without taking offense or without twisting others' words indicates something about your nature, not mine.

Be well. And look both ways before crossing the street.

I stand by the original post.

I said what I said.

Yes. Stand by it. You said what you said. Which was nothing worth being said.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41744 on: July 07, 2020, 05:32:30 PM »

He dismantled the unit.

By Jove!
I think you got it!
LOL

Still sadly lost. Flag down a pizza rat. Ask for directions.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 2781 2782 [2783] 2784 2785 ... 4288