Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2865 2866 [2867] 2868 2869 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2009666 times)

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #42990 on: July 15, 2020, 04:54:15 PM »

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #42991 on: July 15, 2020, 04:56:33 PM »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42992 on: July 15, 2020, 04:57:28 PM »

But, I did forget how hypersensitive Larry is, ready to take offense when nine was ever given.

This line best summarizes UNO’s entire existence here.

Bizarre,  in terms of how obsessed he is with Larry (then,  when Larry notices, accuses him of "paranoia") and relentlessly seeks to tutor Larry on "being better" while remaining himself a troll playing endless game of gotcha.   

I don’t get the obsession... it just seems so desperate.

There's the paranoia again. As fed by others, too.

Do a search on the number of times you've personally insulted me, and for no good reason.

When you're done, look in the mirror and ask who really is the obsessed one.

It ain't me, son.

Those voices you are hearing pushing you to make posts like these are all in your head...
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #42993 on: July 15, 2020, 04:58:24 PM »

Twitter is not on the masthead of The New York Times. But Twitter has become its ultimate editor. As the ethics and mores of that platform have become those of the paper, the paper itself has increasingly become a kind of performance space. Stories are chosen and told in a way to satisfy the narrowest of audiences, rather than to allow a curious public to read about the world and then draw their own conclusions. I was always taught that journalists were charged with writing the first rough draft of history. Now, history itself is one more ephemeral thing molded to fit the needs of a predetermined narrative.

https://www.bariweiss.com/resignation-letter

Boo hoo

If she were a better writer with a coherent point of view, someone would care.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #42995 on: July 15, 2020, 05:05:07 PM »

But, I did forget how hypersensitive Larry is, ready to take offense when nine was ever given.

Bizarre,  in terms of how obsessed he is with Larry (then,  when Larry notices, accuses him of "paranoia") and relentlessly seeks to tutor Larry on "being better" while remaining himself a troll playing endless game of gotcha.   

Do a search on the number of times you've personally insulted me, and for no good reason.

It ain't me, son.

Rent free in an empty dusty space.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #42996 on: July 15, 2020, 05:08:41 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/15/politics/trump-lawsuit-tax-records/index.html

The district attorney's office said it would agree to not enforce the subpoena seeking eight years of Trump's tax returns and financial records from his long-time accounting firm Mazars USA until July 27, or if Trump files a new lawsuit it won't seek to enforce the subpoena until seven days after that court makes a decision.

Both sides also agreed to an expedited schedule, which if approved by the court, could mean the motions would be completed in the case by mid-August.

A hearing in the matter is scheduled before Marrero Thursday morning.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #42997 on: July 15, 2020, 05:21:35 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/15/politics/trump-lawsuit-tax-records/index.html

The district attorney's office said it would agree to not enforce the subpoena seeking eight years of Trump's tax returns and financial records from his long-time accounting firm Mazars USA until July 27, or if Trump files a new lawsuit it won't seek to enforce the subpoena until seven days after that court makes a decision.

Both sides also agreed to an expedited schedule, which if approved by the court, could mean the motions would be completed in the case by mid-August.

A hearing in the matter is scheduled before Marrero Thursday morning.

We don’t even need to see the info before the election. The fight to suppress them is all one needs to know.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42998 on: July 15, 2020, 05:32:23 PM »

It ain't me, son.

Rent free in an empty dusty space.

Yawn.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #42999 on: July 15, 2020, 05:33:42 PM »

Twitter is not on the masthead of The New York Times. But Twitter has become its ultimate editor. As the ethics and mores of that platform have become those of the paper, the paper itself has increasingly become a kind of performance space. Stories are chosen and told in a way to satisfy the narrowest of audiences, rather than to allow a curious public to read about the world and then draw their own conclusions. I was always taught that journalists were charged with writing the first rough draft of history. Now, history itself is one more ephemeral thing molded to fit the needs of a predetermined narrative.

Boo hoo

Maybe you should give her lessons, Shakespeare.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #43000 on: July 15, 2020, 05:34:39 PM »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #43001 on: July 15, 2020, 05:44:18 PM »

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #43002 on: July 15, 2020, 06:02:30 PM »

Boo hoo

Maybe you should give her lessons, Shakespeare.

While she could use them, I doubt she could afford my rates, Elizabeth Rider Montgomery Julesberg.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #43003 on: July 15, 2020, 06:52:51 PM »

US teens are wearing masks, as is the law, taking their fake IDs into liquor stores, and buying alcohol.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #43004 on: July 15, 2020, 07:35:15 PM »

US teens are wearing masks, as is the law, taking their fake IDs into liquor stores, and buying alcohol.

No shit?

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 2865 2866 [2867] 2868 2869 ... 4288