Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2866 2867 [2868] 2869 2870 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2009809 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #43006 on: July 15, 2020, 08:08:54 PM »

US teens are wearing masks, as is the law, taking their fake IDs into liquor stores, and buying alcohol.

Filing this under Not Really Fresh News Since Like the Neolithic Era,  But Will Become Concerned Right After a Few Dozen More Pressing Social Problems Are Solved.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43007 on: July 15, 2020, 08:13:34 PM »

US teens are wearing masks, as is the law, taking their fake IDs into liquor stores, and buying alcohol.

No shit?
Fake ids to buy liquor! Heaven offend! Next thing that upside down racist idiot will inform us water is wet!
A parrot bit me.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #43008 on: July 15, 2020, 08:19:34 PM »

There is no need for your summation, kiidcarter8, because my position on this has been stated and restated several times now.

I will put you down for a "most schools should open, while some (and you wont specify) should not".  Its the perfect place from you to criticize from later on.

How about you put me down for what I said, dunce.  I'm not an epidemiologist and I'm not going to draw you a graduated map of the United States broken down by county. 

Follow the fucking science.

Nicely done once again

In being so nonspecific you can never be held accountable for having said anything

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #43009 on: July 15, 2020, 08:28:13 PM »

I bet they're having sex too!

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #43010 on: July 15, 2020, 08:30:01 PM »

Preliminary research suggests students nationwide will return to school in the fall with roughly 70% of learning gains in reading relative to a typical school year, and less than 50% in math, according to projections by NWEA, NWEA, an Oregon-based nonprofit education-services firm. It expects a greater learning loss for minority and low-income children, who have less access to technology and whose families are more likely to be affected by the economic downturn.
About 26 million public-school students, just over half in the U.S., are considered low-income and rely on free or reduced-price meals at school.
Dr. Greene said there could be a mix of in-person and remote learning in the fall, and his goal is to make sure all students can get online and have devices to learn on. But he worries that providing laptops to students could make them vulnerable to crime.
“That puts a target on them,” he said. “I’m stunned at the number of devices and the amount of equipment we’ve lost just through burglaries” at school.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/remote-learning-pushes-americas-most-vulnerable-students-further-behind-11594826905?mod=mhp

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #43011 on: July 15, 2020, 08:34:16 PM »

There is no need for your summation, kiidcarter8, because my position on this has been stated and restated several times now.

I will put you down for a "most schools should open, while some (and you wont specify) should not".  Its the perfect place from you to criticize from later on.

How about you put me down for what I said, dunce.  I'm not an epidemiologist and I'm not going to draw you a graduated map of the United States broken down by county. 

Nicely done once again

In being so nonspecific you can never be held accountable for having said anything

Kid-what is your specfic reccomendations for school reopenings about 5 weeks fron now in Miami or Houston, Phoenix, or any municipality being hard-hit by cv-19?

Do we infer you are good with what most would consider a normal 6+ hrs a day 5 days a week for kids, K-12? 

barton

« Reply #43012 on: July 15, 2020, 08:39:01 PM »

Dr. Greene said there could be a mix of in-person and remote learning in the fall, and his goal is to make sure all students can get online and have devices to learn on. But he worries that providing laptops to students could make them vulnerable to crime.

Red is worried poor youth are vulnerable to crime,  and may need more help from government.

Libtard!   

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #43013 on: July 15, 2020, 08:42:00 PM »

Red is worried poor youth are vulnerable to crime,  and may need more help from government.

Libtard!

Red wears his "Black minors matter2" T-shirt to the protest marches.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #43014 on: July 15, 2020, 08:44:50 PM »

Preliminary research suggests students nationwide will return to school in the fall with roughly 70% of learning gains in reading relative to a typical school year, and less than 50% in math, according to projections by NWEA, NWEA, an Oregon-based nonprofit education-services firm. It expects a greater learning loss for minority and low-income children, who have less access to technology and whose families are more likely to be affected by the economic downturn.
About 26 million public-school students, just over half in the U.S., are considered low-income and rely on free or reduced-price meals at school.
“That puts a target on them,” he said. “I’m stunned at the number of devices and the amount of equipment we’ve lost just through burglaries” at school.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/remote-learning-pushes-americas-most-vulnerable-students-further-behind-11594826905?mod=mhp

Just shove them back into school so their parents can back on the wheel and prop up Trump’s zombie economy.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #43015 on: July 15, 2020, 08:52:46 PM »

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/507592-trump-shakes-up-campaign-leadership-demotes-parscale

One thing all con men discover at some point.

They’re inherently crooked so they’re vulnerable to better grifters.

Parscale took Trump to the cleaners...

They greatest deal maker.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-consultants-rich-reelection-money_n_5eb1dae5c5b62b850f93abb3
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43016 on: July 15, 2020, 09:08:56 PM »

GASP

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43017 on: July 15, 2020, 09:10:52 PM »

Nicely done once again

You and Ward can never be held accountable for what you have said, regardless of content, because he never admits he was wrong, just denies, lies, and obfuscates, while you simply make a point to never address the issue again.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43018 on: July 15, 2020, 09:16:23 PM »

The 70% figure is grossly misleading. The poor will be well below that mark, on average, for a variety of reasons, while the wealthier, on average will be less behind, if at all.

But... half of America in any given school year is one or more grade levels ahead of the year they are in, while not having their ability even slightly tested, let alone addressed.

I think the thefts from schools will continue to be higher, with fewer thefts from homes than is suggested - not the overall targets. But I could be wrong about that.

And the reason that learning at home has gone so poorly is that it was implemented without any training for the teachers to speak of and they were ill-equipped. Plus the plan for execution sucked, almost across the board.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #43019 on: July 15, 2020, 09:30:41 PM »

Libtard!
Think about that 
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 09:40:57 PM by REDSTATEWARD »
Pages: 1 ... 2866 2867 [2868] 2869 2870 ... 4288