Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2892 2893 [2894] 2895 2896 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2010690 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #43395 on: July 17, 2020, 10:27:34 PM »

The University of Texas has found its number,

http://www.vice.com/en_us/article/jgxv8b/university-of-texas-will-close-if-students-not-employees-die-from-covid-19

Ethnic cleansing.

Yeah. All the mooches getting free stuff from the government.

This Administration is depending on the cruelty and selfishness of his base.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #43396 on: July 17, 2020, 10:32:57 PM »

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2020-07-07/kareem-abdul-jabbar-anti-racism-movement

I respect him so much.

I remember when he was hated like Ali.

Yup. But I loved his game from UCLA on. And I've loved his mind through his political speech and through his Holmesian fiction. The man can write and think.

He’s literally a one in how many million type of man. Brilliant.
I was in awe of him off the court but hated him on the court. Knicks fan and all that.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43397 on: July 17, 2020, 10:39:38 PM »

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2020-07-07/kareem-abdul-jabbar-anti-racism-movement

I respect him so much.

Yup. But I loved his game from UCLA on. And I've loved his mind through his political speech and through his Holmesian fiction. The man can write and think.

I was in awe of him off the court but hated him on the court. Knicks fan and all that.

I was a Celtic fan, but I could never bring myself to hate him. I'll confess I was happier for him when the Bucks won than when the Lakers won, but such an amazing player.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43398 on: July 17, 2020, 10:46:39 PM »

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/election-officials-dozens-states-dispute-president-trumps-claim/story?id=71833120

Trump and Sessions Barr will continue to push the lie because it serves Trump's political ends, he thinks.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43399 on: July 17, 2020, 10:49:25 PM »

While 60% disapprove of the job he is doing, 64% don't trust him on it. Many other salient features in this doc.

https://www.langerresearch.com/wp-content/uploads/1214a1TheCoronavirusPandemic.pdf

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #43400 on: July 17, 2020, 11:00:55 PM »

I respect him so much.

I was a Celtic fan, but I could never bring myself to hate him. I'll confess I was happier for him when the Bucks won than when the Lakers won, but such an amazing player.

Why would you hate any player? You were a Celtics fan! LOL!

You guys had John “Fucking” Havlicek!

As a kid my level of esteem for a rival player was measured by my hatred. By the time I was in college I had his poster with Nate Thurmond in my dorm.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #43401 on: July 17, 2020, 11:14:20 PM »

I respect him so much.

Why would you hate any player? You were a Celtics fan! LOL!

You guys had John “Fucking” Havlicek!

As a kid my level of esteem for a rival player was measured by my hatred. By the time I was in college I had his poster with Nate Thurmond in my dorm.

I rooted against Alcindor and his UCLA teams as he and they were so much better than anyone else.  But I never hated him, as a college player he was too good to hate. As Jabbar as a pro, he was the enemy early on, first with Milwaukee and then with the Lakers. Still didn't hate him.

And his cameo in Airplane as Roger Murdock, was maybe the funniest cameo by a sports star. I still laugh at that scene. 

The closest I came to hating a NBA player was Wilt. He was Goliath, larger than life and easy to demonize.

I might have hated Laimbeer-he was a hateable.

Mostly I had a grudging respect

I saved my NBA hate for teams

Lakers-Philly-Knicks-the Celts rivals.

Havilcek was great but he wasn't Russell.   
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 11:16:59 PM by bankshot1 »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #43402 on: July 17, 2020, 11:34:03 PM »

Farewell to a true American hero. I’m blessed to have known him. The nation is blessed to have had him.

https://twitter.com/repjohnlewis/status/1011991303599607808?s=21

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #43403 on: July 17, 2020, 11:45:10 PM »

Farewell to a true American hero. I’m blessed to have known him. The nation is blessed to have had him.

https://twitter.com/repjohnlewis/status/1011991303599607808?s=21

He was a hero.

And a real good man.

2020 keeps on getting worse.

RIP John Lewis

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43404 on: July 17, 2020, 11:48:00 PM »

RIP Rep Lewis. I hope this generation will hold millions of imitators, leaders for the struggle that continues.

Keep marching, as he would wish and we so desperately need to do.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #43405 on: July 17, 2020, 11:49:07 PM »

Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams told “Outnumbered Overtime” Friday that the NYPD's decision to disband its plainclothes anti-crime unit has made law enforcement in the city "predictable."

Policing operates off of two mechansims," said Adams, a former NYPD officer and the most prominent Black politician in New York City. "One is the omnipresence of blue and white vehicles, and the other is the element of uncertainty, that bad guys can't believe that policing is a predictable model.

Not having plainclothes, in my belief, on the precinct level, where you can have good supervision ... [means] you’re taking away the element of surprise. Policing cannot be predictable and right now it is predictable for those bad guys that carry guns.”

Duh!

How many times we gonna rehash that?
ask Mr. Adams.

He says you should vote Democrat up and down the ticket and you should stop selling out your country on the altar of trump.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43406 on: July 18, 2020, 12:15:00 AM »

It's been 9 years (7 as of this video) since this town had police. Or a mayor or politicians of any sort.

Let them tell you about it:
https://www.facebook.com/ajplusenglish/videos/271855766915613/

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43407 on: July 18, 2020, 12:17:56 AM »

Four years ago, at the Republican National Convention, former Senator Gordon Humphrey, a conservative, made the following observation:

Former GOP Senator Gordon Humphrey just said on live TV from the GOP convention floor, "This is not a meeting of the Republican National committee. This is a meeting of brownshirts. This is how fascists behave."

How right he was and how much foreshadowing he provided.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #43408 on: July 18, 2020, 12:48:46 AM »

Trumpy murdering bastards

http://www.politico.com/states/florida/story/2020/07/16/rivkees-was-pulled-from-a-briefing-the-official-reason-why-is-now-called-into-doubt-1301546

And Kemp is just as Bad as DeSantis. They can both spend some time in a San Ysidro baby cage while we try to locate their papers.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #43409 on: July 18, 2020, 01:32:58 AM »

http://www.dcreport.org/2020/07/17/devos-wants-to-turn-millions-of-children-into-coronavirus-lab-rats/

Close to 190,000 Americans dead already from the trump-stupid response to the virus. Many more on their way.

Republican is a death cult and a dirty word implying vile cowardice and insatiable greed, lack of empathy and a tendency toward irrational violence when confronted with basic facts or social norms.

Republican will appear in DSMs long after it has faded from ballots as voters continue to turn away in disgust.

America has gone from 47-49 Dem-Rep affiliation to 50-39. Republicans are 11 percent back have given up 13 percent ground in just a few months.

When they are rousted they must be fully investigated and exposed if not prosecuted.
Pages: 1 ... 2892 2893 [2894] 2895 2896 ... 4288