Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3006 3007 [3008] 3009 3010 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2008085 times)

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #45105 on: July 29, 2020, 08:43:21 AM »

Then the GOP waits until the last minute to put the bill together thinking that would give them some leverage over the Democrats, but couldn't even agree among themselves what should be in it once they finally started.

That's governing.  It's not always agreement within party.

Which is why they should not have waited until the last minute to try and find consensus.

And why you should try addressing my point, instead of taking a piece of a sentence out of context just because that is the only part you have a response to.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #45106 on: July 29, 2020, 09:36:30 AM »

Watch for more favors being granted to Putin as the election gets closer:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/29/politics/us-withdraw-troops-germany/index.html
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #45107 on: July 29, 2020, 09:48:26 AM »

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #45108 on: July 29, 2020, 09:52:08 AM »

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #45109 on: July 29, 2020, 10:09:20 AM »

https://www.foxnews.com/media/virginia-newspaper-calls-out-local-leaders-riots

About time someone speaks up.

Are these same riots that were instigated by White Supremacists pretending to be BLM protesters?

Yeah:

https://www.wsls.com/news/virginia/2020/07/27/police-richmond-riots-instigated-by-white-supremacists-disguised-as-black-lives-matter/

Funny how kiidcarter8 said nothing when this story broke.

"About time someone speaks up."

Heh.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #45110 on: July 29, 2020, 10:11:00 AM »

After.

Nope.  Trump needs the help going into the election.  And will make sure Putin knows that help will be rewarded.

Kind of like how he says nothing while Putin pays to have our troops killed:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/29/us/elections/biden-vs-trump.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

barton

« Reply #45111 on: July 29, 2020, 10:31:43 AM »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #45112 on: July 29, 2020, 10:35:46 AM »

After.

Nope.  Trump needs the help going into the election.  And will make sure Putin knows that help will be rewarded.

We're listening

Describe the process as you know it.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #45113 on: July 29, 2020, 10:38:46 AM »

And if Trump loses?

Does he use the remaining 2.65 months to do everything to fuck Russia over?  Or does he need to keep it smooth for when Jared runs?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #45114 on: July 29, 2020, 10:43:09 AM »

Jared who?
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

barton

« Reply #45115 on: July 29, 2020, 10:48:13 AM »

But CNN's Kaitlan Collins doubled back on the topic of Immanuel, who also touted the zero-evidence claim that hydroxychloroquine is a “cure for Covid.”

"The woman that you said is ‘a great doctor’ in that video that you retweeted last night said that masks don’t work and there is a cure for COVID-19—both of which health experts say is not true," Collins said to Trump. "She’s also made videos saying that doctors make medicine using DNA from aliens and that they’re trying to create a vaccine to make you immune from becoming religious. So what’s the logic in retweeting that?"

Trump questioned whether it was same woman. “Well maybe it’s the same, maybe it’s not," he said, "but I can tell you this. She was on air, along with many other doctors, they were big fans of hydroxychloroquine. And I thought she was very impressive, in the sense that from where she came—I don’t know which country she comes from—but she said that she’s had tremendous success with hundreds of different patients and I thought her voice was an important voice, but I know nothing about her.”

But when reporters persisted in asking Trump about his push for mask wearing last week, he abruptly ended the briefing—as in, ran for cover.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/7/28/1964727/-Trump-s-new-tone-on-coronavirus-implodes-over-his-promotion-of-demon-sperm-doctor

To be fair,  I think we have to acknowledge that the incubus and succubus minorities have been ignored for too long and felt... voiceless.   Trump's progressive move,  acknowledging their existence,  will surely help him garner more votes from the incorporeal bloc.   

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45116 on: July 29, 2020, 10:52:00 AM »

But CNN's Kaitlan Collins doubled back on the topic of Immanuel, who also touted the zero-evidence claim that hydroxychloroquine is a “cure for Covid.”

"The woman that you said is ‘a great doctor’ in that video that you retweeted last night said that masks don’t work and there is a cure for COVID-19—both of which health experts say is not true," Collins said to Trump. "She’s also made videos saying that doctors make medicine using DNA from aliens and that they’re trying to create a vaccine to make you immune from becoming religious. So what’s the logic in retweeting that?"

Trump questioned whether it was same woman. “Well maybe it’s the same, maybe it’s not," he said, "but I can tell you this. She was on air, along with many other doctors, they were big fans of hydroxychloroquine. And I thought she was very impressive, in the sense that from where she came—I don’t know which country she comes from—but she said that she’s had tremendous success with hundreds of different patients and I thought her voice was an important voice, but I know nothing about her.”

But when reporters persisted in asking Trump about his push for mask wearing last week, he abruptly ended the briefing—as in, ran for cover.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/7/28/1964727/-Trump-s-new-tone-on-coronavirus-implodes-over-his-promotion-of-demon-sperm-doctor

To be fair,  I think we have to acknowledge that the incubus and succubus minorities have been ignored for too long and felt... voiceless.   Trump's progressive move,  acknowledging their existence,  will surely help him garner more votes from the incorporeal bloc.
Well, to be fair, the idea that Trump's mother had dream sex with the devil while she was pregnant with Donald would explain a lot about our current situation.
A parrot bit me.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #45117 on: July 29, 2020, 11:01:08 AM »

US officials: Russia behind spread of virus disinformation

Also:
some of the coverage appeared to denigrate Trump’s Democratic challenger, Joe Biden, and called to mind Russian efforts in 2016 to exacerbate race relations in America and drive corruption allegations against U.S. political figures.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #45118 on: July 29, 2020, 11:08:40 AM »

"We don't retreat here in Detroit. We're just not gonna do it," Craig told host Tucker Carlson. "You saw the images ... of streets where there was lawlessness, looting, burning. No sign of police officers. We weren't giving up ground to the radicals. We just didn't do it."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/detroit-police-chief-we-dont-retreat-here

barton

« Reply #45119 on: July 29, 2020, 11:09:23 AM »

Well, to be fair, the idea that Trump's mother had dream sex with the devil while she was pregnant with Donald would explain a lot about our current situation.
Pages: 1 ... 3006 3007 [3008] 3009 3010 ... 4288