Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3074 3075 [3076] 3077 3078 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584206 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #46125 on: August 04, 2020, 08:39:08 PM »

I wonder what response the US government will make to the explosion in Lebanon.

heh

what would u like it to have  been?

Something other than Trump calling it an attack would have been good, Kid, as a simple starter.

"We are sorry to learn of the loss of lives and so many injuries in the explosion in Beirut today. While we have every confidence in the Lebanese government to handle this crisis, we stand ready to offer aid, whether for the injured or in any investigation."

How about that?!

Wow - you should run

Forget that you'd fuck up the economy, be soft on crime and get run over by China and whoever else wished to

COMPASSION is all it takes
Except for the COMPASSION thing,  you've described your favorite President.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #46126 on: August 04, 2020, 08:43:34 PM »

I wonder what response the US government will make to the explosion in Lebanon.

heh

what would u like it to have  been?

Something other than Trump calling it an attack would have been good, Kid, as a simple starter.

"We are sorry to learn of the loss of lives and so many injuries in the explosion in Beirut today. While we have every confidence in the Lebanese government to handle this crisis, we stand ready to offer aid, whether for the injured or in any investigation."

How about that?!

Wow - you should run

Forget that you'd fuck up the economy, be soft on crime and get run over by China and whoever else wished to

COMPASSION is all it takes

And you think Trump's response was better?!

And compassion is not all it takes, buffoon! But DATA is good. And offering help is how the (I know, this is an unfamiliar concept to you) INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY works.

Echo4

• View Profile

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #46128 on: August 04, 2020, 08:49:05 PM »

Cruz focused on rioters and anti-government activists that have "hijacked" peaceful protests and unleashed harm and violence in certain cities, like Portland. He kicked off the hearing by playing a video contrasting the protests from Martin Luther King Jr., Mahatma Gandhi and the March for Life with the recent riots, the chaos it has caused, and the Democratic response to it.

----

Hirono played her own video at the start of the hearing video of what she says is violence against peaceful protesters and disproportionate force.

funny stuff

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem-senator-mazie-hirono-walks-out-ted-cruz-antifa-hearing

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #46129 on: August 04, 2020, 08:51:39 PM »

Cruz focused on rioters and anti-government activists that have "hijacked" peaceful protests and unleashed harm and violence in certain cities, like Portland. He kicked off the hearing by playing a video contrasting the protests from Martin Luther King Jr., Mahatma Gandhi and the March for Life with the recent riots, the chaos it has caused, and the Democratic response to it.

----

Hirono played her own video at the start of the hearing video of what she says is violence against peaceful protesters and disproportionate force.

funny stuff

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem-senator-mazie-hirono-walks-out-ted-cruz-antifa-hearing

Antifa is the new Benghazi.

Ted Cruz is a stain on America.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #46130 on: August 04, 2020, 09:09:59 PM »

The Superintendent in Paulding, GA, has written a letter to his community about the viral photo I posted here earlier today.

https://dam.tmz.com/document/a6/o/2020/08/04/a64748a740a84d25abbaf08e5be5e9be.pdf

It doesn't make me feel better. Maybe Kid will feel better. He has no compassion, after all.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46131 on: August 04, 2020, 09:13:46 PM »

Ted understands the grift he has chosen pits anyone with anti-fascist leanings squarely against him personally. I’m sure he twisted up some religion and misrepresented some history to make a case why Americans should prefer lots of fascism, as only Ted and his ilk supply, to the reduction of fascism his opponents offer.

Testy Ted is not very convincing as a Senator or as an upright man.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46132 on: August 04, 2020, 09:29:18 PM »

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #46133 on: August 04, 2020, 09:40:28 PM »

Neil Young sues Trump!

Let's go!!!

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/neil-young-sues-trump-campaign-music

I made the mistake of scrolling down to read the screed of the deplorables in the comments section.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #46134 on: August 04, 2020, 09:49:47 PM »

Neil Young sues Trump!

Let's go!!!

I made the mistake of scrolling down to read the screed of the deplorables in the comments section.

Consider the source.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #46135 on: August 04, 2020, 09:52:21 PM »

Neil Young sues Trump!

Let's go!!!

Consider the source.

heh
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #46136 on: August 04, 2020, 09:59:37 PM »

Yong said he has spoken to over 100 health experts since the pandemic began and sums up the U.S. mistakes thus: “A sluggish response by a government denuded of expertise allowed the coronavirus to gain a foothold. Chronic underfunding of public health neutered the nation’s ability to prevent the pathogen’s spread. A bloated, inefficient health-care system left hospitals ill-prepared for the ensuing wave of sickness. Racist policies that have endured since the days of colonization and slavery left Indigenous and Black Americans especially vulnerable to COVID‑19.”

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-man-who-warned-in-2018-that-america-was-unprepared-for-a-pandemic-says-the-us-squandered-every-possible-opportunity-to-control-the-coronavirus-2020-08-04?siteid=yhoof2

This from the guy who warned we were not ready for a pandemic.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #46137 on: August 04, 2020, 10:00:59 PM »

The Superintendent in Paulding, GA, has written a letter to his community about the viral photo I posted here earlier today.

https://dam.tmz.com/document/a6/o/2020/08/04/a64748a740a84d25abbaf08e5be5e9be.pdf

It doesn't make me feel better. Maybe Kid will feel better. He has no compassion, after all.

Thanks

I guess in Georgia even in schools the gov wont let there be a mandate

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #46138 on: August 04, 2020, 10:30:29 PM »

In Nevada you can vote three days after the election

Comments?

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #46139 on: August 04, 2020, 10:37:27 PM »

Thanks

I guess in Georgia even in schools the gov wont let there be a mandate

"Won't let there be" is not what happened here. The principal chose not to put one in place. The Superintendent chose not to put one in place.

The excuse is that it is unenforceable.

But as the young women in high school I know have pointed out, if they have the ability to enforce skirt lengths, they have the ability to enforce mask wearing.

It isn't aptitude. It's a matter of who and what they want to control
Pages: 1 ... 3074 3075 [3076] 3077 3078 ... 4288